This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 13, 2016, 02:55 PM
Perfect Harry, Thank you so much!!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2016, 09:15 PM
Making some good progress on the Rambler: I'll have it scaled and a parts sheet by tomorrow....Stay tuned. Time now for dinner and cocktails!
By the way Harry, if you have the article, I'll take it too, clean it and include it in the PDF.

Chuck
Nov 13, 2016, 10:09 PM
TLAR Aviation
Chuck, what you guys do with these old plans is just amazing. The true modelers of the world thank you all.

Here's the article text.
Nov 14, 2016, 01:24 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D
Chuck, what you guys do with these old plans is just amazing. The true modelers of the world thank you all.
Hear hear!
Nov 14, 2016, 04:10 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry d
chuck, what you guys do with these old plans is just amazing. The true modelers of the world thank you all.

here's the article text.
+1!
Nov 14, 2016, 04:21 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D
An' me .
Nov 14, 2016, 08:39 AM
Thank you gentlemen for the kind words, but I'm only one among a lot of VERY talented plan restores. I love this hobby and am very happy to do my small part in keeping these old plans alive.

Anyway, here is the scaled plan: I think I'm going to split it in half, as it's almost 58" square. I don't like the thought of a long plan either. I'm thinking three sheets; Fuse, wing/stab & parts.

5:30am CA USA time: Time to get to work. I'll finish it tonight.

Comments & thoughts always welcome.

Chuck
Nov 14, 2016, 12:54 PM
TLAR Aviation
Quote:
Comments & thoughts always welcome.
IMO, 36" wide is about the optimum for most of these types of plans. A lot can be fitted onto that width, it's not too awkward to handle, and is a very common large-format printer size. Length (within reason) is not as important as most LF printers are capable of much longer lengths than we typically use, and any excess plan length can usually be allowed to hang off the end of the building board with no problem.

FWIW.

Beautiful work there as always, Chuck.
Nov 16, 2016, 11:27 AM
Rambler plan has no wing ribs ?
Nov 16, 2016, 11:48 AM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
Left to your imagination?
Nov 16, 2016, 12:25 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipclop
rambler plan has no wing ribs ?

Open mouth; insert foot.
Last edited by giuseppi; Nov 16, 2016 at 07:13 PM.
Nov 16, 2016, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipclop
Rambler plan has no wing ribs ?
I believe the plan is a work in progress and ribs, formers etc are not yet shown. I can't imagine the untold hours/days tri-pacer has spent on this plan already and what he has produced is a thing of beauty. I am hoping he will eventually add the parts as a separate sheet, which you will see from post #15322 is what is contemplated. Meantime you can view the ribs and formers and read the original article in Harry D's scans posts 15315 and 15318.

Thank you tri-pacer for another magnificent piece of work, and also Harry D for scans.

Bob
Nov 16, 2016, 06:53 PM
Hi Guys,
Sorry the Rambler is taking longer than expected...My job is taking up a lot of time this week (drawing some big projects for work), as I'm getting ready to take vacation next week for Thanksgiving (American Holiday). Also, I've decided to break out all the formers and ribs, instead of leaving them clumped together. Easier to print when building. I will get it done soon, Promise!

Chuck
Nov 16, 2016, 08:10 PM
Take your time Chuck and enjoy your vacation, we're not trying to hurry you up! Good things are worth waiting for
Cheers
Bob
Nov 16, 2016, 10:25 PM
I've just been on the OZ site, and I'd just like to say a word of thanks to the people who've been cleaning up the submissions. I almost didn't recognize a fair number of the ones I put up on this site. Look almost like the books they came from were brand new, not 40, 50 or more years old. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply