Jun 24, 2010, 01:38 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Noob needs help wiring elogger-v3/OSD Pro

I'm not sure if this could be posted in the FPV forum.. But here goes..
I'm installing elogger v3 along with OSD Pro in my FPV plane (PKZ T-28)..

My question is...How to wire up to power the vlogger and the OSD pro.. Basically... where do I power the vlogger and the OSD from?.. Can you or do you ?.. Do you use a "Y" cable for the elogger to power off of any channel from receiver? The deans connectors aren't needed on the vlogger?

The OSD pro gets its power from Aux 2 from the receiver ?? I'm using a Spektrum DX7/ Ar7000.. How do you configure using a switch on the transmitter to turn off the OSD screen? Or can you?
Sorry for such noob style questions.. The spaghetti wiring gets a bit intimidating if you've never done it before...

Thanks....
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2010, 03:38 PM
Hi there,
Will try and take you through it step by step.

I ordered mine as a package so all the wires required were included.

To power the Logger V3, you need this cable;

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16436

But instead of a 'futaba' socket mine had a 'futaba' plug.
The end that has the 4-pin header (middle 2 pin sockets unused) plugs into the USB connection on the Logger V3, whilst the 'futaba' plug, plugs into a spare channel on the rx, or using a Y-lead if you don't have a free channel.

The OSD pro then plugs into 'LCD/Tx' connection on the Elogger, so both the elogger and the OSD pro get their power from the rx battery pack.

Aux 1 & Aux 2 channels are used in order to enter the on screen menues, I havent got much experience using the Aux 1 & 2 features yet.

Hope I havent confused you too much but i'm sure others and billpa will help you out further

Regards
Mike
Jun 24, 2010, 03:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike90
Hi there,
Will try and take you through it step by step.

I ordered mine as a package so all the wires required were included.

To power the Logger V3, you need this cable;

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16436

But instead of a 'futaba' socket mine had a 'futaba' plug.
The end that has the 4-pin header (middle 2 pin sockets unused) plugs into the USB connection on the Logger V3, whilst the 'futaba' plug, plugs into a spare channel on the rx, or using a Y-lead if you don't have a free channel.

The OSD pro then plugs into 'LCD/Tx' connection on the Elogger, so both the elogger and the OSD pro get their power from the rx battery pack.

Aux 1 & Aux 2 channels are used in order to enter the on screen menues, I havent got much experience using the Aux 1 & 2 features yet.

Hope I havent confused you too much but i'm sure others and billpa will help you out further

Regards
Mike
I received all my video gear from dpcav.com.. Thomas Black set me up with what I needed.. I do have that cable.. So then, you cleared that up for me.. Thank You.. I now need help figuring out how to set it up the rest of the way using Aux 1 & 2 channels.. Anyone??

Thanks Michael
Jun 24, 2010, 10:51 PM
Hi Michael,

Aux1 and Aux2 let you access the on-screen menus of the OSD Pro. These are needed to do the configuration for RTH, and some of the other advanced features. If you don't need RTH, an option to set up the OSD Pro is to use the PC software to set up everything. Most of the OSD Pro's onscreen menus can be accessed via the "Configure On-Screen Parameters" button at the bottom of the "Video OSD configuration" windows page.

Please let me know if that does not resolve your issue.
Jun 24, 2010, 11:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Hi Michael,

Aux1 and Aux2 let you access the on-screen menus of the OSD Pro. These are needed to do the configuration for RTH, and some of the other advanced features. If you don't need RTH, an option to set up the OSD Pro is to use the PC software to set up everything. Most of the OSD Pro's onscreen menus can be accessed via the "Configure On-Screen Parameters" button at the bottom of the "Video OSD configuration" windows page.

Please let me know if that does not resolve your issue.
The OSD menu that you view from the camera can also be configured from the windows menu from my computer.. correct?
I assign the aux 2 switch on my DX7 to access the on-screen menu via the camera? I'm confused on how to configure the rate setting lets say in MIX1 of my DX7 to turn on the menu..
Last edited by Mykro; Jun 24, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Jun 24, 2010, 11:43 PM
Yes, all of the OSD settings can be configured via the windows menu, except for RTH setup, and a couple of other advanced features (AHI, EagleEyes tracker, and similar).

To access the OSD on screen menus on the camera, you need to have two spare receiver channels, and they need to be mapped in your transmitter to two switches. Those then connect to the Aux 1 and Aux 2 inputs of the OSD Pro. You'll need to consult your specific radio manual on how to do that. For what it's worth, we will fairly soon be releasing firmware that will let you control the OSD Pro with a single 3 position switch on your radio.
Jun 24, 2010, 11:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes, all of the OSD settings can be configured via the windows menu, except for RTH setup, and a couple of other advanced features (AHI, EagleEyes tracker, and similar).

To access the OSD on screen menus on the camera, you need to have two spare receiver channels, and they need to be mapped in your transmitter to two switches. Those then connect to the Aux 1 and Aux 2 inputs of the OSD Pro. You'll need to consult your specific radio manual on how to do that. For what it's worth, we will fairly soon be releasing firmware that will let you control the OSD Pro with a single 3 position switch on your radio.
Thanks Bill.. I got some work to do ahead of me.. I appreciate your help.. Thank you..
Jun 25, 2010, 12:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

Bill,

I have this cable...It came with my kit from dpcav.com http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16436
To power the eLogger this cable connects to a spare channel off of the RX (AR7000) alone or use a "Y" harness to share a channel if no spare channel is available...And since I will be using OSD-PRO video Expander module along with the GPS expander module, Using this cable is mandatory.
Thanks Michael
Last edited by Mykro; Jun 26, 2010 at 06:04 AM.

Quick Reply