E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread. - Page 961 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 22, 2012, 06:45 PM
High Plains Drifter...
BattleDude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
If you get the chance and have not seen it, catch the Military Channel's Great Planes: Bell UH-1 Huey. I had DVR'd this from June 29th and just got around to viewing it coincidentally as I rebuild my E-flite UH-1. The program not only gives you the history of the helicopter, but it also gives the history of Lawrence Dale Bell and how he experimented with model helicopters to come up with a working model. The Bell Model 30...
...was working by 1942--which was a lot sooner than I thought. The Bell Model 47...
...is the famous model you saw on M*A*S*H during the Korean war, but it first flew back in 1945. I was interested to see the use of the flybar on the first models. For some reason I always thought that was just for the Blade SR 120.
Very cool Sax! This is the kind of stuff I love! We do not have TV, so I like to see this stuff on the internet.
BD
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
If you get the chance and have not seen it, catch the Military Channel's Great Planes: Bell UH-1 Huey. I had DVR'd this from June 29th and just got around to viewing it coincidentally as I rebuild my E-flite UH-1. The program not only gives you the history of the helicopter, but it also gives the history of Lawrence Dale Bell and how he experimented with model helicopters to come up with a working model. The Bell Model 30...
...was working by 1942--which was a lot sooner than I thought. The Bell Model 47...

...is the famous model you saw on M*A*S*H during the Korean war, but it first flew back in 1945. I was interested to see the use of the flybar on the first models. For some reason I always thought that was just for the Blade SR 120.
When I was in the USAF, I used to get a lot of rides on this little beast!

Jul 22, 2012, 07:08 PM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude
Very cool Sax! This is the kind of stuff I love! We do not have TV, so I like to see this stuff on the internet.
BD
Yeah, it is cool because you can watch the entire program on the net: History Channel
Jul 22, 2012, 07:11 PM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
When I was in the USAF, I used to get a lot of rides on this little beast!

Wow, what was that? And, are those aileron controls I see on the blades?
Jul 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
Wow, what was that? And, are those aileron controls I see on the blades?
Yep..I forget the model number, but we called it PEDRO the Rescue Heli. Use to haul big fire bottles and some other stuff....when they wouldn't use them, they gave us rides over the base...awesome.....

OK, got it...

H-43 Kaman Huskie USAF Rescue Helicopter

No tail rotor, and two main rotors..check out the video.....

Kaman HH-43 Huskie (1 min 29 sec)
Jul 23, 2012, 12:10 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
Yep..I forget the model number, but we called it PEDRO the Rescue Heli. Use to haul big fire bottles and some other stuff....when they wouldn't use them, they gave us rides over the base...awesome.....

OK, got it...

H-43 Kaman Huskie USAF Rescue Helicopter

No tail rotor, and two main rotors..check out the video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztPlFERpl0
Just as an FYI:

http://www.mmanrow.20m.com/images/CIMG1190_01.JPG

(that should be about the right size for a 120SR)



Even though you would have to actually put it on a CX2 or V4 (which is what it was originally "designed" for anyway ...)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jul 23, 2012, 12:59 AM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
Just as an FYI:

http://www.mmanrow.20m.com/images/CIMG1190_01.JPG

(that should be about the right size for a 120SR)



Even though you would have to actually put it on a CX2 or V4 (which is what it was originally "designed" for anyway ...)
Can't use a video from youtube here anylonger?
Jul 23, 2012, 01:15 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
Can't use a video from youtube here anylonger?
It's an image. Well, it was supposed to be
Jul 23, 2012, 09:00 PM
Look ma, no hands!
1Pilgrim's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49
It's an image. Well, it was supposed to be
Can you upload it to Youtube?
Jul 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
I took her outdoors but the tail blade is flying away. It did it three times after I pushed it all the way back. It is very humid and hot outside. Should I put some CA? I hand held the heli after half hour inside and after several secs running it came out again. Another question when you look the heli from the right the tail turns CCW. Is this the way suppose to be?
Jul 23, 2012, 09:26 PM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
You won't get glue to stick. You'll probably want another tail blade. Do you mean that your heli yaws to the right? In other words, heads right? It should be correctable with the trim, however, if it keeps doing it too much, it's either your problem with the tail blade, or the motor itself.
Jul 23, 2012, 09:27 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis
I took her outdoors but the tail blade is flying away. It did it three times after I pushed it all the way back. It is very humid and hot outside. Should I put some CA? I hand held the heli after half hour inside and after several secs running it came out again. Another question when you look the heli from the right the tail turns CCW. Is this the way suppose to be?
Don;t use CA on the back rotor....to many bad things can happen...when my rotor gets loose, I run a strand of dental floss thru it and then stick it on the motor.
Jul 23, 2012, 09:36 PM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
You won't get glue to stick. You'll probably want another tail blade. Do you mean that your heli yaws to the right? In other words, heads right? It should be correctable with the trim, however, if it keeps doing it too much, it's either your problem with the tail blade, or the motor itself.
The tail blade just flies away. No yaw to left or right. I guess I need a new tail blade.
Jul 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
Don;t use CA on the back rotor....to many bad things can happen...when my rotor gets loose, I run a strand of dental floss thru it and then stick it on the motor.
Thanks Jake. I should give It a try if my LHS does not have in stock the tail blade.
Jul 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis
Thanks Jake. I should give It a try if my LHS does not have in stock the tail blade.
If it still a little bit loose, double strand it...always worked for me when mine got loose!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Helis 6658 Oct 28, 2015 09:24 AM
Discussion Update Blade CP or buy E-Flite Blade SR or 400? markhwing Electric Heli Talk 10 Aug 06, 2012 04:16 PM
Link E-flite mSR batteries E flite 110-120 Hyp.CX 120 and others everydayflyer Batteries and Chargers 45 Apr 08, 2010 05:55 AM
For Sale Did you just buy a new E-Flite Blade SR? Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 28, 2010 01:01 AM
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Jan 07, 2010 10:36 AM