Aug 24, 2010, 10:57 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1
Cheeky bugger,might get the bnf version 220 aussie dollars,would this fly ok with the stock tx that i got with the msr?
What can you get the Walkera UFLY for in AU dollars?

Then again if depends on what you want, If you already have the msr for indoors, get the UFLY for outdoors. If you don't already have the MSR, go for the SR120, and compromise between indoor-outdoor.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval
What can you get the Walkera UFLY for in AU dollars?

Then again if depends on what you want, If you already have the msr for indoors, get the UFLY for outdoors. If you don't already have the MSR, go for the SR120, and compromise between indoor-outdoor.
Already own the msrIs this the heli you are talking about http://www.tamiya-shop.com.au/shop/w...-90018809.html $165 au
Aug 24, 2010, 11:10 PM
Suspended Account
yup that is the one.

There is a good UFLY thread on RCG. Lots and lots of compliments on that heli. Defiantly check it out, and make informed buyers choice
Aug 24, 2010, 11:12 PM
Registered Addict
Pappy buy a DX6i instead of the 120SR you will be amazed fly it with your mSR then when you have the funds and have spent time learning and programming the DX6i you will have saved enough cash to get your 120SR,the spectrum its a worthy investment
Aug 24, 2010, 11:18 PM
Hi Kris,I was thinking of just buying the 120, fly that for a while with the msr for a cpl months,then upgrade to better tx, so when i fly them both again with the new tx it will seem like i have two brand new helis that fly better
Aug 25, 2010, 12:10 AM
EDF Junkie

Blade 120 SR BNF "Out of the box" test flight

Quote:
Hi Kris,I was thinking of just buying the 120, fly that for a while with the msr for a cpl months,then upgrade to better tx, so when i fly them both again with the new tx it will seem like i have two brand new helis that fly better
My 2 cents. Get the 120 first. You can't fly a transmitter. Get the DX6i when you can. The 120 is a blast. Of course I'm flying mine with a DX7 so I'm already spoiled. Aw heck. Get them both.

The 120 is really fun outdoors even if there's a bit of wind. The mSR is great indoors and really challenging outdoors in the slightest wind.

Here's a couple of quick videos of the 120 SR outdoors in a breeze that the mSR wouldn't like. These are "out of the box", bound to my DX7 and in the air (no trim required). I used the same model memory as I use for the mSR (no expo, high rates). I put the links on the outer swash balls before the first flight as I wanted to see what maximum performance was going to be.

This is the first flight. A short test hop. I love these bind-n-fly models!

E-Flite Blade 120 SR Helicopter (BNF) (1 min 0 sec)

This one is a little blurry. My six year old granddaughter was filming and she somehow adjusted the focus.

E-Flite Blade 120 SR Micro Helicopter (BNF) (1 min 32 sec)
Aug 25, 2010, 12:31 AM
Cheers for the vids,you daughter did a good job Looks like i might pay a visit to lhs tommorow and see the bird in person.which means i go into hobby store, think about it for two seconds and twenty second later i have bird in hand
Aug 25, 2010, 12:47 AM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Cheers for the vids,you daughter did a good job Looks like i might pay a visit to lhs tommorow and see the bird in person.which means i go into hobby store, think about it for two seconds and twenty second later i have bird in hand
Go for it pappy ! you wont regret it dude 120 is a awesome fly
Aug 25, 2010, 01:12 AM
Flying Monkey

Save $3.50

Something to consider?
120 SR MOD (tail motor protective sleeve tether) (3 min 22 sec)
Aug 25, 2010, 01:33 AM
Looking at the bearing and tail motor housing "issue"....maybe you guys could use one of the shaft retainers from one of the wk helis...I know brand may offend...but either the tail shaft collar from a 4g6 size or the main from say a 4#3 (CB100) size have a nice little step so they would hit the inner race of the bearing and retain it properly. (see pic)

Btw...I did not expect the SR120 to weigh as much as it does?? 106g??
What comprises this weight being it runs "simple" board all in one setup?

I'm running a whole bunch of stuff on my Spektrumised 4g6 (AR6300, 4 servos, Spartan Quark, 2s 320mah, Castle 10A etc) and it comes in at 95g.

Not dissing just wondering where the weight is?

Amp
Aug 25, 2010, 07:39 AM
Suspended Account
Can someone even explain to me what that little bearing is for?

In both replacing and reinstalling the tail blade a few times now, I see that its hole seems to have a stop inside to it that only lets it go on to the shaft so far and even with that, still leaves it a bit away from this bearing.

Then aside from that I don't see it doing anything for the motor as it just its and slips on the shaft.

I mean the motor has its brass (I would assume) internal sleeve bearing and uses this bearing in no way I can see

I guess my point is, overall if this bearing were missing I couldn't see how it would negatively effect the system at all.
Aug 25, 2010, 07:55 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir
Can someone even explain to me what that little bearing is for?

In both replacing and reinstalling the tail blade a few times now, I see that its hole seems to have a stop inside to it that only lets it go on to the shaft so far and even with that, still leaves it a bit away from this bearing.

Then aside from that I don't see it doing anything for the motor as it just its and slips on the shaft.

I mean the motor has its brass (I would assume) internal sleeve bearing and uses this bearing in no way I can see

I guess my point is, overall if this bearing were missing I couldn't see how it would negatively effect the system at all.
I have often wondered the same thing. Plus it wouldn't prevent bending the shaft.
Ron
Aug 25, 2010, 09:45 AM
EDF Junkie
Quote:
Ha. That's how it works for me too!
Aug 25, 2010, 11:31 AM
Should have bought a kite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker
You say you had a tangle with a tree and landed on soft grass...how about the other times you fell out of the sky,were the hard landings?

Reason i ask is because the left skid can ,on a hard landing...mabey even a not so hard landing.....well the skid can jam up against the left servo gear.
It could pop off the gear or may even cause the whole servo to break or it could cause the servo to transfer the impact right to the 5 in one.

I hope that is not what happened to you.

Here is a link to solve the problem...https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post15874428

I think it is very important for all who have the 120 sr to check it out and prevent further trouble down the road.

I know i posted this link above but really,it is something that will cost a lot $$ down the road to repair....when it's to late....and it is a very simple mod to do.

Ridgewalker
Actually both crashes were soft, and on its side.
And I killed the throttle when I got to close to the tree, as I have learned not to nail the throttle trying to save it... (unless maybe out in open area).
I did that with other planes and helis, ouch.

I think the power to weight ratio is close to the same as msr, but, the slight
delay (I think) is because of more rotor mass takes a bit longer to spin up.
And it may be a plus because the tail does not blow out so quickly.

Bob
Aug 25, 2010, 12:44 PM
Can't get enough

Hard crash into me

Last night I had a full throttle blade hit to my chest. I am hurting today. All it did was put some flex on the flybar ball link. It is a little white now, indicating that there was flex. I then hit my arm, and no damage...Man I was having too much fun lol My gf wasn't home, so I was being a little too cocky.

Quick Reply