HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
lol you guys kill me

lmao

We are funny, huh?

Who needs cable with us around?

Bud, has cable Bud

(watch...in three weeks or so I'll be here right along with everyone else, slavering on the SR120 bandwagon...lol!)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2010, 09:25 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn McKinney
Isn't passively an adverb which modifies the verb watching?

Yup, and that probably means Bud is not going to just watch.
Ron
Jun 25, 2010, 09:30 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek
Yup, and that probably means Bud is not going to just watch.
Ron
lol! Busted cold!

thread derailment 6 pages in...sorry bout dat...all Ron's fault!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread....

Bud, not watching passively Bud
Jun 25, 2010, 09:30 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
you are

BUD - i bought and maidened the new sukhoi today :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud
We are funny, huh?

Who needs cable with us around?

Bud, has cable Bud

(watch...in three weeks or so I'll be here right along with everyone else, slavering on the SR120 bandwagon...lol!)
Jun 25, 2010, 09:31 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Now I have to consider the pros and cons of a 120 SR or getting a 4#6s. I was all ready to pull the trigger on a 4#6s and then the 120 SR shows up. I will ,for sure, get the 120 but in the mean time I want to try the 3 axis gyro, as inexpensively as I can.
Ron, undecided Ron
Jun 25, 2010, 09:35 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I've read mixed things about the 3 axis gyro.

I am also considering the new Esky Honey Bee CT - tri blade CP
Jun 25, 2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek
I was all ready to pull the trigger on a 4#6s and then the 120 SR shows up. Ron, undecided Ron
I have two Walkera 4G6 helis.

One I have set up as a fixed pitch heli by using a linear throttle curve and a constant pitch setting.

It makes an excellent trainer for practising nose in hovers in your living room and may be easily changed back to CP.

I also used the 3-axis gyro system in my 4G6. Although it is a marvel of technology, I found that it did little to improve the performance of my 4G6 and I ended up removing it because of the extra care that was necessary to completely eliminate vibration.

Most helis already have an elevator-aileron gyro system in the form of Hiller paddles

The 3 axis electronic system, in my opinion, is best suited to a flybarless heli.

After all is said and done, I still intend to buy an new Blade SR120.
Jun 25, 2010, 09:48 PM
Lifetime Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
If I get one I think I will put one of these on it
I always get a laugh out that fuselage I will have to build one some day, the kids would get a kick out of it.

John
Jun 25, 2010, 09:55 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Quote:
I think I like this heli. The only thing I think that need some help is the Landing gear
Do you have a body that you think will will fit it?

How about giving a nice DISCOUNT to those who bought an SR,Show your receipt or UPC code from the SR box/purchase and get say $30-$50 off the cost of a 120 SR BNF.
Only offer this deal with the BNF,mabey win back some of those customers.

Before i got my SR i had the mSR.I loved it.It flew great is durable and is truely a fun little heli to fly.
Now i didn't have a lot of problems like many have written about.
My landing skid is strong and i didn't find it to brake easy but many did.
I have not had a problem with TBE since first learning to fly.Now that i can fly it well i don't have tbe,and when i do it is because the swash is not trimmed right,others will disagree with me on that but thats how it is for me and my msr.
I also have never had any trouble with the 5 in 1, like i have read that quite a few have complained that they did.
I don't have a problem with the pendulum effect,matter of fact i never have a "rocking" or "swinging" pendulum effect on my msr,don't get me wrong it does happen,not so much now that i'm not a newb with the msr anymore. When it does it is because something is out of wack/adjustment and as soon as i get everything all squared up againg the pendulum effect goes away.
Like i said for me the msr has been great.Very fun inside and good fun in a ball field when the wind outside is calm.
I know it dives in fff,but i know it will so i adjust my flying to offset it,it is a non issue to me.
At the time i wished E-flight err Blade could have made a bigger msr type fp heli.
I for sure back then would have bought one if they had one.

They didn't,so....i got the SR.
From the get go with the tail motor being DOA and not being coreless as stated on the box still to this day.Which David aka dribbe said long ago would be resolved,then the replacement lasting less than 5 min before it quit working,to the unreasonable long parts shortage,it really turned me off from E=flight err Blade.
Thats another thing,all of the sudden it seems like they are removing the E-flight name from being with the helicopters they have,yet E-flight is on the SR box and manual.

So the SR is the last helicopter that E-flight had a part in and now the helicopters will be known as Blade?????Made by Blade???
I wish someone from HH could explain this.

My point is that yeah i am pretty upset with my E-flight Blade SR helicopter because of all the trouble i have had with it and with being able to get parts to keep it going.
So it has made me distrust E-flight/Blade and Horizon Hobby,after all they are the parent company,really all one in the same just many different divisions with different names.

But....There are those who did buy the SR and have not had all the trouble i have.From their point of veiw the SR is probably been a good helicopter and they like it,therefore they like eflight.

I know that feeling because my msr has been ..i hate to say it but flawless
So even though i say "no to E-flight"
Because the msr has been good to me.....well...i think about the SR 120 there i said it,see how demented the SR has made me!
So because of the SR it makes me say "no way to anything e-flight anymore!",this is all driving me!

Like i said,if Horizon Hobby or E-flight or Blade could offer a discount on the purchase of an SR 120 with proof of purchase of a E-flight Blade SR helicopter,well then mabey i would "bite".
It's going to take something like that to win me back as a customer.

Then i take the msr for a flight and it works so well,makes me say to myself " boy if it was just a little bigger it would be that much more fun,after all my msr is really good so a bigger one should be better"

But i still have all those thoughts from the SR
Jun 25, 2010, 10:35 PM

I backordered mine today

You guys can keep on bashing all you want. I've got 9 walkeras and 2 MSR's. I AM AND ADDICT!
I BACKORDERED MY 120 TODAY. The only complaint I've got is it will probably be October before it's available. (Horizon says August..yea, right...we've all heard that before)

I love all of my helisl for flying in the backyard and the park behind my house. At first, I thought the MSR was too light to fly outdoors. I fiddled with it a little, and when puttering around the yard, the wind did push it around a bit. Then, I tried full fast forward and full throttle. That little bumblebee is a Hoot....and everytime I put it in the grass....I just set it down and fly again.JUST PUT THE HAMMER DOWN AND THE PEDAL TO THE METAL!

ALONG CAME MICROHELI. I loved the look of the bling, but I didn't want to pay more for bling than the heli. I found a used one with full bling. It flies great, except the added weight hurts a little. It still flies great when you give full forward and full power. Just don't try to cruise around.

OK, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I ordered the 120 today. With the rotor span and only 3 ounces, it should be even better...plus just wait until you see the aftemarket bling that will be coming.
Stan in Dodge City
Jun 25, 2010, 10:48 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50
The only complaint I've got is it will probably be October before it's available. (Horizon says August..yea, right...we've all heard that before)
And that's it right there....hit the nail on the head. (if ol' Ron moved his thumb, that is!)

As I said....let the Hysteria begin...

(but I still think it was Def Leppards best album...lol!)

Picture it: wearing six layers, muffs, tx mitt, 3 pairs of holey battery-powered socks, Canadien red/black hunting coat...out on the ice pack in January coz you finally got your preordered SR120.....lol!

Bud, bringer-downer Bud
Jun 25, 2010, 10:51 PM
Video of it (not mine)

Blade 120 SR (0 min 46 sec)
Jun 25, 2010, 10:58 PM
high flyer
why didnt they bring out this heli before the bigger SR. It doesnt make sense to me. Im interested in getting one as well but i can only wait and see what the price is first.

I own a msr and then sr. I hovered my SR today for the first time and it was nerve racking.

I think if i could get this smaller sr 120 and muck around with that then i wouldnt be so afraid to fly the SR.
Jun 25, 2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
If I get one I think I will put one of these on it

I like it.
Jun 25, 2010, 11:00 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
first vid out there.

Tis first I've seen and i've been looking

Quick Reply