E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread. - Page 572 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 26, 2011, 09:23 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Nighthawk74's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude
Nighthawk, there are some guys on this thread that have tried them. Look back aways in the thread. They say more power/lift. I doubt longer flight times. No tail motor that I know of, although many of us keep hoping for one.
BD
Thanks Battledude. I'm sorta on the fence with this product. John Salt warned us about the "money pit" and "heli bling bling" Mayhaps if they come out with a better tail motor, then I'd pick up the main motor "upgrade" also

"Nighthawk"
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2011, 09:31 AM
Sir-Crash-a-Lot
Mr.Firemouth's Avatar
Some guys are using the motors from the sukhoi parkzone micros for a tail motor mod. You have to pull the pinion gear and solder the wires. I don't mind replacing the boom assy, so I haven't done this mod yet but am tempted.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:01 AM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
I am not an expert, but I'm pretty sure the Sukhoi motor is the same exact thing. I fly the Sukhoi and have replaced that motor, too. Same as the P-51, 4-Site and the T-28. Not worth switching out. I'm going to try the Solo Pro next, but waiting for impending death of the present one.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:19 AM
Sir-Crash-a-Lot
Mr.Firemouth's Avatar
LMK how that works out. I may have to make a custom boom with parts from astroid designs and use a straight tail mount for my Jet Ranger fuse. I am also considering a twin tail mod like they use on the brushless mcpX conversions. I will link the parts later.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:32 AM
Sir-Crash-a-Lot
Mr.Firemouth's Avatar
Here is the link for the twin motor mod...
http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...l-motor-mounts

His other tail mounts are on there also. I was going to ask him to fab up a dual 120 tail
Oct 26, 2011, 04:59 PM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
Man, you are going to have to put some counter weight in the nose with double motors. That's going to cut down main motor life with the total weight! Hey, but I'm not stopping you!!!
Oct 26, 2011, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Blackanthem's Avatar

Action Shot



Name: IMG_2234.jpg
Views: 121
Size: 240.4 KB
Description: SR 120
The new red canopy is soooo Sexy.
Last edited by Blackanthem; Oct 26, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
Oct 26, 2011, 07:44 PM
High Plains Drifter...
BattleDude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74
Thanks Battledude. I'm sorta on the fence with this product. John Salt warned us about the "money pit" and "heli bling bling" Mayhaps if they come out with a better tail motor, then I'd pick up the main motor "upgrade" also

"Nighthawk"
Welcome Nighthawk, right now I think the best solution for the 120SR is all stock on the mechanical end of it, in perfect mechanical condition, finely tuned Tx to your liking, and the best battery available. Add cool canopies. And lights like Firemouth!
Sweet machine.

Happy Flying !!!
BD(Kyle)
Oct 26, 2011, 09:01 PM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar

DX8 settings


BonBonU--

Here is my DX8 settings for the 120SR. I mostly fly outside so the default is F Mode 0. Warning... I've got it set for FFF in this mode! Flight Mode 1 is very tame and I use it to hover indoors or outside with no wind. FM2 is not set, so it's similar to the RTF Tx (only better.) Let me know how you change it up and you may teach me something!
Oct 26, 2011, 11:37 PM
Sir-Crash-a-Lot
Mr.Firemouth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
Man, you are going to have to put some counter weight in the nose with double motors. That's going to cut down main motor life with the total weight! Hey, but I'm not stopping you!!!
I noticed that added weight makes me use more throttle and pay much more attention to LVC and landings as trying to go back up may have a bit of lag before you hit the ground too hard on the skids. The Xtreme motor upgrade fixes all that with extra lift. Making sure all moving parts are lubed well also helps. Use silicone.
Oct 27, 2011, 06:47 AM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
The Xtreme motor would be a good choice. In repairing my heli from the inverted crash, I switched back to the OEM motor. After I soldered a connection back on the Xtreme motor, it was good again so I switched it out. Now I can attest that the Xtreme motor does have quite a bit more power available. Problem, however, is that (again) the tail motor doesn't keep up. If you had extra weight to lift, the Xtreme upgrade and tail motor may actually balance out. I think I will try it and see.
Oct 27, 2011, 08:43 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Nighthawk74's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem

Attachment 4375283
The new red canopy is soooo Sexy.
I have the brownish red canopy. Your looks a little brighter in the coloring. Good pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude
Welcome Nighthawk, right now I think the best solution for the 120SR is all stock on the mechanical end of it, in perfect mechanical condition, finely tuned Tx to your liking, and the best battery available. Add cool canopies. And lights like Firemouth!
Sweet machine.

Happy Flying !!!
BD(Kyle)
I run stock heli with a few different 'more powerful than e-flite batts', bound to the dx6i. It flies like a larger mSR. I do prefer the 120 over the mSR. Its bigger, handles wind better & IMHO looks better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
The Xtreme motor would be a good choice. In repairing my heli from the inverted crash, I switched back to the OEM motor. After I soldered a connection back on the Xtreme motor, it was good again so I switched it out. Now I can attest that the Xtreme motor does have quite a bit more power available. Problem, however, is that (again) the tail motor doesn't keep up. If you had extra weight to lift, the Xtreme upgrade and tail motor may actually balance out. I think I will try it and see.
Coreless tails are like that. Let us know how that works out.
Oct 27, 2011, 04:15 PM
MotoGP
RD6000S's Avatar
New to thread just checking in, love the SR 120!
Oct 27, 2011, 04:15 PM
MotoGP
RD6000S's Avatar
@ Blackanthem, great shot....
Oct 27, 2011, 05:26 PM
High Plains Drifter...
BattleDude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD6000S
New to thread just checking in, love the SR 120!
Howdy, yup the 120SR is fun bird. It would be a gas in a gymnasium.
Cheers,
BD


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Helis 6658 Oct 28, 2015 09:24 AM
Discussion Update Blade CP or buy E-Flite Blade SR or 400? markhwing Electric Heli Talk 10 Aug 06, 2012 04:16 PM
Link E-flite mSR batteries E flite 110-120 Hyp.CX 120 and others everydayflyer Batteries and Chargers 45 Apr 08, 2010 05:55 AM
For Sale Did you just buy a new E-Flite Blade SR? Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 28, 2010 01:01 AM
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Jan 07, 2010 10:36 AM