Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by arbilab
Fly Runaway Fans
Quote:
Read my lips...
You're doing that which you accuse Pilgrim, cluttering the thread. You're invited to move on.

It's not a 'squabble', it is a difference of opinion exactly what goes on between DSM2 transmitters and receivers in general and this model specifically. Anyone here is welcome to phone Horizon tech support and get a definitive answer. If you do, you're welcome to prove either of us wrong by posting it. Failing that, throwing spitballs at contributors contributes nothing and it's marginally against policy.

I shan't respond to you further on this or any other subject.
Last edited by arbilab; Sep 15, 2011 at 01:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Beer Summitt!!!!! I'll bring the pretzles.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by Mickmeister
On the battery thing - I've used the stock E-Flites, ProTek, and the Storm 900 mah. I don't recommend the E-Flites; they start dying in a short time. The Pro-Teks are pretty decent. The Storm 900s are also good but, as mentioned, require a modified battery holder. The Storms also give the heli a heavier feel, which is both good and bad: The extra weight seems to put a damper on the trapeze effect, boost top end speed, and reduce spinning on takeoff/landing - but reduces lift.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
On the battery thing - I've used the stock E-Flites, ProTek, and the Storm 900 mah. I don't recommend the E-Flites; they start dying in a short time.
Ive had 3/5 die with less than 50 flites in them. They also get warm after a few minutes flight. I'm guessing the 12C rating is too low for this heli.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by Blackanthem
On the subject of batteries. I was wondering what you all use to charge them in the field? I got permission to fly in a park, so now I am thinking a small car battery to AC adapter setup?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:40 AM
Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Look ma, no hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
You're doing that which you accuse Pilgrim, cluttering the thread. You're invited to move on.

It's not a 'squabble', it is a difference of opinion exactly what goes on between DSM2 transmitters and receivers in general and this model specifically. Anyone here is welcome to phone Horizon tech support and get a definitive answer. If you do, you're welcome to prove either of us wrong by posting it. Failing that, throwing spitballs at contributors contributes nothing and it's marginally against policy.

I shan't respond to you further on this or any other subject.
You're right - my sincere apologies. It was a momentary lapse and it won't happen again.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Look ma, no hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
On the battery thing - I've used the stock E-Flites, ProTek, and the Storm 900 mah. I don't recommend the E-Flites; they start dying in a short time. The Pro-Teks are pretty decent. The Storm 900s are also good but, as mentioned, require a modified battery holder. The Storms also give the heli a heavier feel, which is both good and bad: The extra weight seems to put a damper on the trapeze effect, boost top end speed, and reduce spinning on takeoff/landing - but reduces lift.
How much "payload" can the SR 120 realistically lift? Could it handle a small camera? Would a different battery make any difference?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by danny.act
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
How much "payload" can the SR 120 realistically lift? Could it handle a small camera? Would a different battery make any difference?
A small Keychain camera is not a problem for the 120SR.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by rcphreak
in memory of dez RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
On the subject of batteries. I was wondering what you all use to charge them in the field? I got permission to fly in a park, so now I am thinking a small car battery to AC adapter setup?
the celectra 4 port as it takes batteries so it a bit more portable than anything .
the 120 came with a patch cord to use this charger .
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by north9degrees
Quote:
Here....
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by BattleDude
High Plains Drifter...
Quote:
Blackanthem, you should check out the Thunder AC6 charger. I have three and I have only used them at home as I dont fly anywhere else, but they are capable of charging from a 12v source. Digital readout is nice to have. I like them over the stock charger, and I have had no trouble with them.
BD
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:53 AM
High Plains Drifter...
Quote:
Pilgrim, I am not sure exactly how much payload the 120SR will handle. That may depend on how "heavy" you will tolerate your helis "feeling" when you fly. But I can tell you that my HobbyCam just arrived and I am going to try it and see. It weighs 20.7 grams (weighed by me) and I have seen videos of 120's flying with them.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:55 AM
High Plains Drifter...
Quote:
Beer Summitt!!!!! I'll bring the pretzles.
I'll be there! lol

Kyle
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Pilgrim, I am not sure exactly how much payload the 120SR will handle. That may depend on how "heavy" you will tolerate your helis "feeling" when you fly. But I can tell you that my HobbyCam just arrived and I am going to try it and see. It weighs 20.7 grams (weighed by me) and I have seen videos of 120's flying with them.
Look out for LVC. Adding weight also means it needs more power to lift the heli. With my 808 keychain i get about ½ the normal flighttime. Going from 5mins on stock batt, to 2½mins.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:49 PM
High Plains Drifter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Look out for LVC. Adding weight also means it needs more power to lift the heli. With my 808 keychain i get about ½ the normal flighttime. Going from 5mins on stock batt, to 2½mins.
How much does the 808 weigh?