Jul 14, 2010, 11:30 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack
Dose not matter it will sell and will not come down until competition affects there sales.
Maybe, I just got a 4#6s, like the one WOW sells for $170. Close in size to the SR120, and has a 3 axis gyro, shaft driven tail, brushless motor and a usable transmitter.
I was ready to stand in line and wait for the SR120, but now, not so sure, I REALLY like this Walkera.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera4g6...in-shaftdrivet
Ron
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2010, 06:12 AM
What package dear?
It all boils down to supply and demand!CompetitionSupply of parts (Local hobby shop)

I don’t think the cost of the kits are that bad considering what you get.
Now the price of the replacement 5in1 boards is obscene in price.
The msr is 59.99 and the solo pro 22.36
Compact all in ones are disposable no matter what price you place on them! You replace all your electrics no matter what goes bad. If the replacement parts were PROPERLY priced it would be the best on the market in its category in efficiency and durability
Jul 15, 2010, 10:03 AM
Horizon Hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay
Advertising costs on the internet? Only costs I see here is in the editing and thats only because it can take a fair amount of time to get what you want. Especially for a lot of these heli videos that people like x-heli do. A few second shot done here and there. Sorry, but I don't see these vids as professional quality. Give an employee a camcorder, let them record some footage, buy a 50 dollar editing package and you can get the same results.
Can't please everyone, guess you've done this before?
Jul 15, 2010, 01:11 PM
high flyer
I will not go to he darkside and buy a walkera, i just cant bring myself to do it. Besides i don't want 3 or 4 TX's. I just want to be able to pull my trusty DX6i out of my beautiful aluminum case and bind it to one of my 3 helis and fly.
Jul 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
On Drugs
i am just excited that its bigger.

It should lift my lil chinease chitty cam w/o issue.

and a kick butt scale huey, airwolf, cobra or apache is a lot more pratical than on the dinky MSR.

and I am a broke ass, and $150 is a relief compared to my crawlers, EDF,s or larger eflite/parkzone toys
Jul 15, 2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni
Besides i don't want 3 or 4 TX's. I just want to be able to pull my trusty DX6i out of my beautiful aluminum case and bind it to one of my 3 helis and fly.
That's why Walkera users get a 2801Pro tx.
Jul 15, 2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur
Man, I always LOL when I hear someone complain about the price of these little micro heli's and planes.
If I complain about the price again, will you "LOL" again?

Jul 15, 2010, 01:33 PM
high flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica
That's why Walkera users get a 2801Pro tx.
and spend another $200 on another TX, no thanks. The walkeras dont impress me at all. After seeing my mates CB180D first hand i say no thanks.
Jul 15, 2010, 01:36 PM
On Drugs
well, i could buy a BH edf for less....

but this is cool cause its still so ittle bittle.

but walkera heli's are to advanced for me... LOL too much instability and durability issues.

I know the twitchyness is appealing to the REAL heli dudes, but....

Im not a "REAL" heli pilot.

but these sure do make me look good!

plus now i can use it to take arial footage of crawling competitions and nude beaches
Jul 15, 2010, 01:48 PM
Rocket Programmer
Proof that internet advertising is not cheap...
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/200...?tag=mncol;txt

Yeah that's $5.4 billion, with a 'B'
Jul 15, 2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Proof that internet advertising is not cheap...
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/200...?tag=mncol;txt

Yeah that's $5.4 billion, with a 'B'
I see that saying 5.4billion in revenue growth, where is the advertising?
Jul 15, 2010, 02:16 PM
Rocket Programmer
Revenue from selling ads is 3.5 billion - I misread the graph

Point is, it's ridiculous to say internet advertising is free, and only slightly less ridiculous to say it's cheap. It's as expensive as traditional advertising, and in some cases even more expensive because it's targeted. AdWords is a ridiculously expensive way to advertise your business... but you love it because you only pay for the people who click your ad which is unlike running a TV or print ad, which most people will ignore. It's not really worth arguing that point.

What is super interesting though, is how little people understand the cost of the products they buy. People have no understanding of the cost to manufacture things, cost to advertise, cost to ship and store, maintain the workforce, maintain the facilities, and so on. They see a helicopter that is worth more than gold, by weight, and they don't understand what's behind that product - or they consistently underestimate it. People always think things are too expensive... but if you had to make a SR 120 yourself, it would cost ten times as much and take a lot of your time... I'm more than happy to pay a company to design and manufacture that product, and if I have to pay a little extra, I'm still saving money over doing it myself.
Jul 15, 2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Revenue from selling ads is 3.5 billion - I misread the graph

Point is, it's ridiculous to say internet advertising is free, and only slightly less ridiculous to say it's cheap. It's as expensive as traditional advertising, and in some cases even more expensive because it's targeted. AdWords is a ridiculously expensive way to advertise your business... but you love it because you only pay for the people who click your ad which is unlike running a TV or print ad, which most people will ignore. It's not really worth arguing that point.

What is super interesting though, is how little people understand the cost of the products they buy. People have no understanding of the cost to manufacture things, cost to advertise, cost to ship and store, maintain the workforce, maintain the facilities, and so on. They see a helicopter that is worth more than gold, by weight, and they don't understand what's behind that product - or they consistently underestimate it. People always think things are too expensive... but if you had to make a SR 120 yourself, it would cost ten times as much and take a lot of your time... I'm more than happy to pay a company to design and manufacture that product, and if I have to pay a little extra, I'm still saving money over doing it myself.
I never said I had an issue with the price they ask. Would I like it to be cheaper, of course, but I have on many occasions defended the price of these little buggers before.

I also never said advertising was free on the internet either. When it comes to the internet, nothing works better than word of mouth. Thats very easy to see when you are doing a search for a product you may want.
However, dont kid yourself. Advertising on the internet is not like it is for creating ads on tv. The costs are far less and can be even cheaper if you are an internet savvy company.
Jul 15, 2010, 02:41 PM
high flyer
who gives a flying duck about the advertising here guys,

you ether like this heli and you will buy it or you don't like it and wont.

Its that cut and dry.

I don't know what all the crying is about.
Jul 15, 2010, 03:14 PM
Well it being an eflite product get's the crying going anyway. Most people here don't have anything good to say about the company. Then the distributor catches hell because of the manufacturer. I'll always be an eflite fan even with the small issue I had with my SR that Horizon took care of no questions asked. I learned cp flight with my SR and enjoy the little mSr release the 120 already I'm ready for one now.......

Quick Reply