Jun 24, 2010, 10:41 AM
Heck I'll probably get one. Looks pretty good. A nice fun relaxing machine to fly.
I like the idea they scaled up the MSR into a larger version. Not bad at all.
Now they only need to make a version larger than the 120 version maybe a 240. Then we'd have a outdoor version of a MSR.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.O.P.O
Whats up with the tail curving up? I have seen this before on some other helis. Is there an advantage to doing this?

I think it is simply the gear driven rear rotor mount setup. But it does offer some good potential for a semi-scale helicopter body, like a UH-1 for example. Originally on the real choppers, they needed to raise the tail rotor to get more ground clearance.
So i can see some people start selling scale heli-bodies for it real soon. Maybe eFlite had that in mind themselves too.
Jun 24, 2010, 10:52 AM
Who in the right mind would ever buy this. It's just a cheaply made BLADE product. It will have the same problems as the mSR and is extremely overpriced. For $129 you can get a Walkera 4#6 which has a torque tube tail and a brushless motor. And don't tell me the extra cost for the BLADE is the customer service because trust me there is none.
Jun 24, 2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Who in the right mind would ever buy this. It's just a cheaply made BLADE product. It will have the same problems as the mSR and is extremely overpriced. For $129 you can get a Walkera 4#6 which has a torque tube tail and a brushless motor. And don't tell me the extra cost for the BLADE is the customer service because trust me there is none.
guess you don't care for EFLITE eh?
Jun 24, 2010, 11:22 AM
Spool 'er up!
IMO, introducing the Blade 120 SR is a good move by E-Flite. Much like the Quark and 4#6, an FP heli of this size is ideal for both indoor use and outdoors on calm days. And given the popularity of the mSR, betting it will sell well! Couldn't tell from the specs if it has brushless motor(s) or not. Anybody know for sure?
Jun 24, 2010, 11:23 AM
C.O.P.O. I only own BLADE (formerly E-flite) products, but ever since they wouldn't replace any of my 5in1s and seem more than reluctant to replace my new Blade SR's main motor which almost caught fire, I'm kind of abandoning them for a while. I always had my eye on Walkera products anyway.
Jun 24, 2010, 11:23 AM
The 120 SR has two brushed motors.
Jun 24, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cranky old fart
Quote:
I think most people feel a lot more comfortable trusting EFlight over Walkera. Even if you discount the durability and reliability issues, you have the extremely short life of Walkera models as a concern. The 4#6 has already been replaced by the 4#6S and a flybarless version will be along soon.
Jun 24, 2010, 11:51 AM
This is about the same size as my FrankenHeli.
For those not familiar, a while back, a few of us modified our Blade CX2's to a single rotor, 45* flybar configuration, using the NineEagles head & blade works.

I have to say that it's a ball to fly. I fly it outdoors (calm weather only thank you), and it gives a good performance. It's a good size to fly indoors or out, and with some tuning, I can get some good FFF going with mine.

I would say this is a great size.
Walkera did the CB180, which is even bigger at 440cm on the main. I don't have one of those, because the modified CX2 fills that role for me.

Now I'm going to watch for parts for this to see if I can use them to upgrade the head & rotors on my single rotor CX2. Could be an opportunity to improve on the Nine Eagles headworks..

Overall, I think E-Flight (Blade) has a better reputation than Walkera. I own both, and would agree to a bias toward Blade.
Jun 24, 2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
For $129 you can get a Walkera 4#6 which has a torque tube tail
Which likes to strip, making it less friendly for noobs and defeats the purpose of a care-free flyer for more experience pilots. If Walkera had gone the belt route, I'd own one. I'm tired enough of waiting for someone to produce a 4#3B- to 4#6-sized belt tail FP that I am contemplating building one myself using Walkera bits and carbon sheets from HobbyKing.
Jun 24, 2010, 01:50 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
With the scaled MSR head it will be easier to operate than HBFP. Whether it will be $90 easier, plus as sturdy and reliable, remains to be seen.
Jun 24, 2010, 02:48 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Quote:
C.O.P.O. I only own BLADE (formerly E-flite) products, but ever since they wouldn't replace any of my 5in1s and seem more than reluctant to replace my new Blade SR's main motor which almost caught fire, I'm kind of abandoning them for a while. I always had my eye on Walkera products anyway.
What did they do,end the mfr name of e-flight and now call it Blade?
I know e-fligh made a line of helis and called the line Blade ,but it seems now that the E-flight name is slowly disappearing?

I have been noticing that i see the Blade name more often lately than the Eflight name.

I have read and have seen so many lies and inconsistant emails that have been from E-flight/HH that it is not funny.
I have read an email where they (HH/E-flight)wrote to a user at HF and was stating that the SR was more geared to an intermediate pilot and because so many newbies bought the heli it caused a shortage
That has to be the biggest crock of i have ever heard!Just take a look at the owners manual page three i quote "Your Blade SR is the best way to transition from flying a coaxial heli to a single rotor CCPM machine with confidence and,most importantly,success."
That doesn't sound like it is geared to an intermediate pilot to me.
Oh and the tail motor "mistake" on the box .
David from Horizon Hobby came on these forums and posted that it was an cough cough "error" in the graphics dept and it will be fixed and in the mean time there will be a sticker on the box to correct it.
Well that has not happened from the SR's i still see sitting on the shelf at the lhs.
So,they are aware of the problem of missrepresentation on the box yet they are still allowing the SR to be sold with the incorrect and missleading information on the box.
That shows that they are beig neglegent to the issue,someone needs to hold Horizon Hobby or/and E-flight legally responsible

I learned my lesson with e-flight when i bought the farm,i mean the SR,they can forget about mining me for $$.
I will never buy an eflight manufactured product again and would not suggest their product to ANYONE.
For me the best way is to STAY AWAY from E-flight helicopters!!!
BUYER BEWARE!!!

Is this just another boat load of........
Jun 24, 2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00leo
Will i be able to use the same batteries that i use for my mSR?

I can not tell from the picture.

Looks like it uses 500mah 3.7v lipos,so if you already have some, probably could do a connector change (mini-Deans,ect.). Not available til mid August.
Jun 24, 2010, 03:52 PM
E-flite makes planes. BLADE makes helis. Thus bladehelis.com and HH's web site saying such and such by BLADE.
Jun 24, 2010, 04:17 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Quote:
E-flite makes planes. BLADE makes helis. Thus bladehelis.com and HH's web site saying such and such by BLADE.
If that is so,then why is E-flight's name on the Blade SR Helicopter Manual?

Is that just a misprint( like the coreless tail motor) overlooked by the graphics dept again.

Quick Reply