Thread Tools
Oct 14, 2010, 08:55 PM
Off we go.............
SabreHawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth
Ohh so YOU'RE the Heli Devil!!

Chuck.... have we met before? Flying at Marymoor, Geyser or RAMS perhaps?

D-Man
Probably at Marymoor very likely, thats the only place I've flow at this year except for once or twice over at 60 acres.
Here's a pic if it helps jog the memory.


Yep I be Chuck, hmmm devil? Ahhh I'll let others judge me on that...LOL! but I'll just blame it on the 120SR, I hated these comtraptions till it came along.
But ahhh heck if you go and buy it, and then hate yourself you can go ahead and blame me and I'll take it off yer hands.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2010, 09:14 PM
Registered User
Old fartLOL.I took the sr 120 out again last night, the neighbours have dubbed me the Midnight flyerWeather is always good for a couple flights late at night.MIght order a cpl more batts to add to the four i have nowHey sabre your new tx help you fly better or not?
Oct 14, 2010, 09:51 PM
Fly Hard or Go Home

light kit


Quote:
Originally Posted by fishysteve
Do you have any pictures?
The lights are also bright and you have no problem seeing at night.
plus having it set up as a modular system is nice so i can just swap canopies for day flight.

"keep em flying"
Oct 14, 2010, 09:52 PM
Fly Hard or Go Home
not sure why the pics came in sideways ??? but there ya go!
Oct 14, 2010, 09:53 PM
Registered User
turkey721's Avatar
Just got my 120, very stable and also very quick. A step down from a mini titan, but a step up from the mSR. A sweet middle. I have been reading about the clicking sound. Mine sounds like a movie projector, did anyone find a fix yet? If this is all I have to contend with oh well. So far a neat little machine. Here are my mods to date, 1. piece of rubber tubing on skids, and 2. a piece of heat shrink on the tail cable. It looked like it could ground on the motor case, or the 5n1 board, so problem solved. Also why are people using zip ties on the motor? Also I read back on page 70 or so about a small metal wire about 1/4" in size. It was on my motor too. Thanks for all the ideas.
Oct 14, 2010, 10:00 PM
Registered User
Clicking sound maybe coming from the screw that holds the main gear in place.
Oct 14, 2010, 10:07 PM
Registered User
CCbusa05's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1
Clicking sound maybe coming from the screw that holds the main gear in place.
I have two 120 SRs. One clicks, one doesn't. Ground said screw down to insure that it wasn't causing the click-click-click. Still does it, but I'm used to hearing it by now and ignore it. She flies as well as the quiet one, so, IMHO, no big deal.
Oct 14, 2010, 10:13 PM
Registered User
MUst be a motor problem then, you could swap the main motors from your helis and see if that is the cause.
Oct 14, 2010, 10:40 PM
Off we go.............
SabreHawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1
Old fartLOL.I took the sr 120 out again last night, the neighbours have dubbed me the Midnight flyerWeather is always good for a couple flights late at night.MIght order a cpl more batts to add to the four i have nowHey sabre your new tx help you fly better or not?
Yes indeed the new radio is allowing me to fly it better, but I suppose smoother would be the word. Throttle response is much smoother and I geuss "finer" is an even better word to desribe how it feels. Especially at lift off, and on landing. I can only think it's a combination of the sticks, gimbals, and the 2048 resoloution that at work there.

Yeah I got me 6 batteries now, would have had more if the LHS had more in stock right now.
Oct 14, 2010, 10:41 PM
Registered User
turkey721's Avatar
My question now is about the charger, first it is a 500mAh lipo, and they say charge at .7A, that seems high maybe .5A. Also the charger first is a red led, then they all blink, how do I tell it is charged, it says they will sweep back and forth. I am looking for a knight rider like sweep or what? I may just use my accucharger for this and can the included one. Any thoughts?
Oct 14, 2010, 10:45 PM
Registered User
Yes wait for the night rider sweep,i wasnt fully recharging the stock batt for the first week,till i left it on longer than normal as in i forgot.
Oct 14, 2010, 10:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk
Yes indeed the new radio is allowing me to fly it better, but I suppose smoother would be the word. Throttle response is much smoother and I geuss "finer" is an even better word to desribe how it feels. Especially at lift off, and on landing. I can only think it's a combination of the sticks, gimbals, and the 2048 resoloution that at work there.

Yeah I got me 6 batteries now, would have had more if the LHS had more in stock right now.
HMm ive been thinking about upgrading to the Dx6i got plans to get some planes in the coming weeks,Only got the champ but that was to help me learn how to fly a plane,and i seem to be having loss of signal on the stock tx that comes with the champ,same thing happens when i bind the msr stock tx to the champ.So i think ill be getting the Dx6i for some pnp planes
Oct 15, 2010, 12:08 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk
Probably at Marymoor very likely, thats the only place I've flow at this year except for once or twice over at 60 acres.
Here's a pic if it helps jog the memory.


Yep I be Chuck, hmmm devil? Ahhh I'll let others judge me on that...LOL! but I'll just blame it on the 120SR, I hated these comtraptions till it came along.
But ahhh heck if you go and buy it, and then hate yourself you can go ahead and blame me and I'll take it off yer hands.
Nice plane Sabre, Citabria? who makes that one?
Oct 15, 2010, 08:18 AM
Off we go.............
SabreHawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxYmus2010
Nice plane Sabre, Citabria? who makes that one?
Yes it's a Decathlon, the Citabria's descendant. It's the one Hobby King sells, a very nice stout & stable 49in span balsa/ply ARF. $59.95 I think it was.
Ahhh, here's a link.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8591
Oct 15, 2010, 08:42 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey721
My question now is about the charger, first it is a 500mAh lipo, and they say charge at .7A, that seems high maybe .5A. Also the charger first is a red led, then they all blink, how do I tell it is charged, it says they will sweep back and forth. I am looking for a knight rider like sweep or what? I may just use my accucharger for this and can the included one. Any thoughts?
0.5A would be right for a 1C charge rate - but I think you'll find these LiPo's are certified for a 3C (or is it 5C?) charge rate, so 0.7A is well within that.

And ditto to the above - if it flashes all LED's at the same time, it's close to fully charged (like when the single LED flashes on the mSR 4-port charger to indicate near completion).

When it's fully charged, the LED's will flash in succession creating a moving stripe - a la 'Night Rider' (like when the single LED goes out on the mSR 4-port charger to indicate fully charged).

BJ


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Helis 6658 Oct 28, 2015 08:24 AM
Discussion Update Blade CP or buy E-Flite Blade SR or 400? markhwing Electric Heli Talk 10 Aug 06, 2012 03:16 PM
Link E-flite mSR batteries E flite 110-120 Hyp.CX 120 and others everydayflyer Batteries and Chargers 45 Apr 08, 2010 04:55 AM
For Sale Did you just buy a new E-Flite Blade SR? Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 28, 2010 12:01 AM
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Jan 07, 2010 09:36 AM