Thread Tools
Feb 11, 2013, 02:28 PM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
I personally swear that the Solo Pro 328 rotor blade is better than the SR 120. Some will swear at me (), but that's ok. It is a bit stiffer, however, which could break easier--maybe. I have never broken one since I started using them exclusively on my 3 helis for 9 months, though.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2013, 03:42 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
I personally swear that the Solo Pro 328 rotor blade is better than the SR 120. Some will swear at me (), but that's ok. It is a bit stiffer, however, which could break easier--maybe. I have never broken one since I started using them exclusively on my 3 helis for 9 months, though.
Feb 11, 2013, 04:35 PM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
You are scaring me, Jake.
Feb 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
ah, yes... the Pawn Stars guy
Feb 11, 2013, 06:38 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
You are scaring me, Jake.
I scare myself, too!
Feb 11, 2013, 09:16 PM
Wind you go around in circles
Wind Spirit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
I personally swear that the Solo Pro 328 rotor blade is better than the SR 120. Some will swear at me (), but that's ok. It is a bit stiffer, however, which could break easier--maybe. I have never broken one since I started using them exclusively on my 3 helis for 9 months, though.
+1, I am still using the ones I bought a long time ago when you told me about them, Great blades. Thanks again for telling me about them. WS
Feb 12, 2013, 12:07 AM
Registered User
Hello,

Ok, thank you for the answer. And no problem to mount them on the motor ? Same diameter and hole diameter ?
Feb 12, 2013, 05:46 AM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
Same exactly--both the tail and the main blades. Only they work better IMHO!
Feb 12, 2013, 12:37 PM
LYNX/OXY Team Manager
Rich Knapp's Avatar
Ofta

My wife got me a Nano for my B-Day and Valentin's present. After flying that in living room even my mCPx-v2 seems like a giant. I haven't broke out the 120sr yet since I got the Nano. Now I think it will be sitting till summer and I get out side.
Latest blog entry: Our Family heli's.
Feb 12, 2013, 02:26 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Woo, congrats, Rich! Have fun with the Nano.
Feb 12, 2013, 04:41 PM
LYNX/OXY Team Manager
Rich Knapp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli
Woo, congrats, Rich! Have fun with the Nano.
^5 Thanks Robo

Latest blog entry: Our Family heli's.
Feb 13, 2013, 11:38 AM
Registered User

Nanotech 750mah


Any idea if we can use this one on the 120 SR. I understand I will need to change the connectors and the battery mount. Not sure as to which battery mount will work for this one; yet to scour through the forum for a mount mod if I decide to go this route.
Feb 13, 2013, 12:03 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedchase
Any idea if we can use this one on the 120 SR. I understand I will need to change the connectors and the battery mount. Not sure as to which battery mount will work for this one; yet to scour through the forum for a mount mod if I decide to go this route.
In general, there is not much difference between the 750mAh and the 600mAh. You are just adding a bunch of work for yourself modding to fit.

Bigger is not necessary better. The higher the capacity, the heavier the weight. Supersizing the battery is a very marginal way of increasing flight time. You will end up over taxing the motors to get equivalent lift/performance.

I'm a proponent of smaller cells. If you want more flight time per flying session, just get more cells.

As it is, a 500mAh will give you 6 mins of flight, a 600mAh, 8 mins. That's quite enough for the motors before you want to bring it in for a short break. Therefore, a hypothetical 15 mins flight is meaningless if the motors could not sustain such long operation.

So, if you like the NanoTechs, do yourself a favor, get the 600mAh, and save yourself a whole bunch of trouble.
Feb 13, 2013, 12:14 PM
Rock-n-Aileron Roll!
Saxguy1000's Avatar
I have spent WAY too much $$ to know that what Heli Pad writes is EXACTLY right. Use this advice to avoid burning out your motors. Really, no R/C flights with models this size can expect more than 8 minutes whether it be with battery or fuel. That's true for small airplanes, too. The 600mah is really the perfect balance of all for the SR 120.
Feb 13, 2013, 01:43 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
I have spent WAY too much $$ to know that what Heli Pad writes is EXACTLY right. Use this advice to avoid burning out your motors. Really, no R/C flights with models this size can expect more than 8 minutes whether it be with battery or fuel. That's true for small airplanes, too. The 600mah is really the perfect balance of all for the SR 120.
I will take your word for it and Thanks to HeliPad for all the valuable information.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Helis 6658 Oct 28, 2015 08:24 AM
Discussion Update Blade CP or buy E-Flite Blade SR or 400? markhwing Electric Heli Talk 10 Aug 06, 2012 03:16 PM
Link E-flite mSR batteries E flite 110-120 Hyp.CX 120 and others everydayflyer Batteries and Chargers 45 Apr 08, 2010 04:55 AM
For Sale Did you just buy a new E-Flite Blade SR? Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 28, 2010 12:01 AM
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Jan 07, 2010 09:36 AM