Jun 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
Oops!
Don't know why they didn't go with a driven tail like on the Novus 125.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2010, 09:42 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Anyone here have expeience in the Novus 125? If so Whats it like?
Jun 28, 2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
stalyoni,
Don't give up on the SR!
Trust me i know how frustrating the SR can get.I have crashed a lot with mine.
But keep at it.Thats what i am doing,waiting for the day when it "clicks".lol
The SR 120 won't be out till aug any way (mabey even sept or oct who knows)you don't want to just sit around and wait do you?
I know i don't.I waited a long time for the SR parts to be in stock at the lhs,i couldn't wait any longer so i bought a T Rex 450 to build while i waited for the SR parts to come in.
Now the parts are available so i'll learn with the SR then move to the 450.

All just my opinion of course.lol

Fly when you can,Ridgewalker.
As much to stalyoni as to Ridgewalker, and anyone else...

It all depends what you are struggling with these are recommendations only not "orders" or statements of facts, at the end of the day you should enjoy yourself.

1) If its orientation then stick with something like the mSR.

2) If its CP related then you need to decide do I really want to do this. If the answer is yes save the $$$ on the SR120 and get a SIM. If you have a SIM set the Heli in the SIM as close as possible to what you feel when you hover/fly your bird and practice. You won't learn anything about CP issues with an mSR and I would guess the same would be applied to the 120 when its available. To me the difference between CP and mSR is you push the mSR around and you fly the CP.

3) If its set up of the SR then the best solution is join a club and fight your way through all those saying its poor for XYZ reasons until you find someone who will help you get it tamed and setup.

4) Some people just love new shiny stuff get it and enjoy, TBH if I had not been banned from indoor flying (hit and broke something expensive ;( )I would probably get it, it looks fun.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Paul
Jun 28, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cranky old fart
The Quark SG uses a DD brushless tail motor and nobody has reported any issues with it. How hard would it be to copy?
Jun 28, 2010, 11:31 AM
Returning Heli Veteran
Looks like the parts are showing up online... out of stock, of course, but prices are there... 5-n-1 is $64 bucks, tail boom with motor/rotor is $16... not much markup over mSR prices... Looks like they will be selling the tail motor for $12.34 by itself. 500 mah Battery is $10... So bigger but not that much more expensive... Probably get one for flying outdoors.

Stay aloft, my friends...

BH
Jun 28, 2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The Quark SG uses a DD brushless tail motor and nobody has reported any issues with it. How hard would it be to copy?
If they wanted to copy something, I would suggest them to copy Walkera 4G6's torque tube VP tail instead.

In fact, I would even suggest Hirobo to copy Walkera 4G6's TT into their Quark SG.... My thoughts after watching the Quark SG demo vid being flown by a Hirobo test pilot. Makes the 4G6 tail hold still better especially if flown outdoors in wind and very likely, you will fly the SG outdoors most of the time, unless you have convenient access to a sports hall.

If both parties are too concerned about crash-survivability of VP tails, they can adopt energy-dissipating clutch for TT and use paper tail blades.
Jun 28, 2010, 12:29 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
Who in the right mind would ever buy this. It's just a cheaply made BLADE product. It will have the same problems as the mSR and is extremely overpriced. For $129 you can get a Walkera 4#6 which has a torque tube tail and a brushless motor. And don't tell me the extra cost for the BLADE is the customer service because trust me there is none.
So, given the choice between a cheaply made American product and a cheaply made Japanese product... I honestly don't know where you are coming from with this comment.
Jun 28, 2010, 12:41 PM
Oops!
I'm just waiting until either Hydro, EQ or Eat at joe's (and all the other folks I forgot to mention) find a way to fit the motors into the msr!
Last edited by beevous80002; Jun 28, 2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Didnt want to leave anyone out
Jun 28, 2010, 01:19 PM
mSR Nut !
Quote:
Originally Posted by beevous80002 View Post
i'm just waiting until either hydro, eq or eat at joe's (and all the other folks i forgot to mention) find a way to fit the motors into the msr!
+ 1
Jun 28, 2010, 04:29 PM
Joined up after finding this very informative thread.

Seems I fall into the same boat as a lot of others, I started out with a Blade CX years ago, and got back into the hobby with a CX3 a year ago, ended up comfortable enough with the coax that I wanted to try a single rotor heli, bought the Blade SR due to the hype that it was a "great next step from coaxial", and have managed to hover it a few times in between about a half dozen crashes and repairs, it has proven to be too much for my current skill level, and have basically decided to put it away until I can get comfortable with a fixed pitch single rotor. Bought a Blade MSR and absolutely love it, it has been easy to progress to it from my coax helis, and it has held up very well to a few minor crashes, so far I haven't had to repair anything on it, and have about 20-30 batterys worth of flying time on it, it has been flown outdoors on calm days, and indoors most of the time.

I am interested in a larger heli that would be easy to progress to from the MSR, something that Is tough, and better suited for outdoor flying. I don't need quite the same stability as the MSR, but would like something that won't get away from me as quickly as the SR. The 120SR seems like a good fit, but for the money, I'm debating weither something else might be a better choice, the Walkera UFLYS or a similar model, E-Sky HBFP V2, or a Novus 125FP. Right now, I am leaning twards the UFLYS, I like the all aluminum rotor head, brushless motor, and variable pitch tail rotor, and even if the 3 axis gyro doesn't do anything a heading hold gyro will do, it seems to have much better electronics and reviews compared to the Honey Bee V2.
Jun 28, 2010, 04:45 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
I am leaning twards the UFLYS, I like the all aluminum rotor head, brushless motor, and variable pitch tail rotor, and even if the 3 axis gyro doesn't do anything a heading hold gyro will do, it seems to have much better electronics and reviews compared to the Honey Bee V2.
Oh yes, and don't forget, Walkera has the very best glossy ad photographs in the industry.
Ron
Jun 28, 2010, 05:25 PM
I am definately looking for this one!
Jun 28, 2010, 07:06 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
review of Novus 125 FP - doesnt look too bad at all.. hmmmm........me with a Walkera?

http://www.crackroll.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2436
Jun 28, 2010, 07:56 PM
What package dear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
So, given the choice between a cheaply made American product and a cheaply made Japanese product... I honestly don't know where you are coming from with this comment.
I thought it was China made with American middle man
Jun 28, 2010, 08:04 PM
FG
FG

cx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
None of my e-flite/blade helicopters have been reliable.
I just have to add here. I bought the one and only eflite product I've ever owned the CX2. Mind you in its stock config it was way to docile. So I overly modded it with boomtown hobby stuff and xtreme stuff and its way more aggressive than it was stock. Fly's awesome I must say. Its been reliable and never let me down.

douglas

Quick Reply