Dec 08, 2012, 03:27 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan
The only problem I have with nuclear is that developing countries simply to do not have the funds to build them and instead will resort to coal burning power stations. ... All surplus energy will stored easily as hydrogen, perhaps using underground natural structures or just the same way we store natural gas. Forget fuel cells they will never work for the masses as they require the rarest elements on earth to work and are just a decoy by the petrol/car companies to buy themselves a bit more time.

As for what Battle Dude said. Unfortunately I think anyone in a position to make a difference thinks the same and doesn't want to ruin their retirement pot.
No 3rd world countries should have nuclear, period. I like your hydrogen storage concept as long as it's not used to develop heavy water and ends up bombs. Maybe we ought to forego this conversation, however, as I think we've now taken it way beyond RC!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 03:30 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
No 3rd world countries should have nuclear, period. I like your hydrogen storage concept as long as it's not used to develop heavy water and ends up bombs. Maybe we ought to forego this conversation, however, as I think we've now taken it way beyond RC!
Dec 08, 2012, 03:32 PM
Bugle6
Mike... Are you trying to tell us something?
Dec 08, 2012, 05:00 PM
Look ma, no hands!
Wow, we must've touched a nerve! I'd still like to see a "glow in the dark" 120!
Dec 08, 2012, 05:40 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
Maybe we ought to forego this conversation, however, as I think we've now taken it way beyond RC!
Maybe we ought to keep it to the 120SR-N (RC)
Fly for 2 years without a recharge!
Dec 08, 2012, 05:43 PM
Bugle6
I just have to think that nuclear powered R/C helicopters could serve a starving world--in some way or fashion.
Dec 08, 2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT
You'll need to get from JST to the 1 cell outlet on your charger. Is that 1 cell outlet a female for JST (same as on your 120SR) ?
Either way, I haven't seen an "octopus" harness that would plug into that 1 cell outlet. Most have banana plugs. You may have to rig something.

Forgive me but I guess I'm out of of touch with all these acronyms...what is JST? I don't think I want to charge multiple batteries off of one outlet....charging 4 batteries on one outlet would mean I'd only have a max amperage of .5 amps...that would make for some pretty slow charges...being able to use all 4 charging outlets would give me a lot more flexibility...now if I can just find out where to buy the connectors and pins so I can make my own charging adapters....
Dec 08, 2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi
Forgive me but I guess I'm out of of touch with all these acronyms...what is JST? I don't think I want to charge multiple batteries off of one outlet....charging 4 batteries on one outlet would mean I'd only have a max amperage of .5 amps...that would make for some pretty slow charges...being able to use all 4 charging outlets would give me a lot more flexibility...now if I can just find out where to buy the connectors and pins so I can make my own charging adapters....
JST is the type of connector your 120SR, and it's battery, have.
You will use your 1cell outlet for 1cell batteries. That can be as many batteries as you want (in theory) on a proper harness.
Your charger has a max. output of 2amps. It can/should all come out the 1cell outlet.
Most recommend charging at 1C. You could charge four 500mAh batteries at 1C with your charger that puts out 2A through the 1cell outlet.
You need you find a connector to go from JST to whatever that is for your 1cell output to charge the lipo(s) for your 120SR.
This is the basic, plug-n-play method. If you want to get into funky wiring beyond that, well, go for it. I can't help with that.
Last edited by Brian VT; Dec 08, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Dec 08, 2012, 05:59 PM
450 Helis Rule!
The white ports look like balance ports to me... not charging ports. Normally charging only requires 2 pins... + & - ... regardless of the number of cells.

Could they be combined charge and balance ports perhaps? Clearly, I have no idea???
Dec 08, 2012, 06:01 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChurchley
The white ports look like balance ports to me... not charging ports. Normally charging only requires 2 pins... + & - ... regardless of the number of cells.

Could they be combined charge and balance ports perhaps? Clearly, I have no idea???
Yes.
Dec 08, 2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT
JST is the type of connector your 120SR, and it's battery, have.
You will use your 1cell outlet for 1cell batteries. That can be as many batteries as you want (in theory).
Your charger has a max. output of 2amps. It can/should all come out the 1cell outlet.
Most recommend charging at 1C. You could charge four 500mAh batteries at 1C with your charger that puts out 2A through the 1cell outlet.
You need you find a connector to go from JST to whatever that is for your 1cell output to charge the lipo(s) for your 120SR.
This is the basic, plug-n-play method. If you want to get into funky wiring beyond that, well, go for it. I can't help with that.
What's 1C? What I do know is this charger will put out 2 amps from each of it's 4 charging outlets. If I were to rig up an adapter so I could charge four 1 cell batteries on one outlet, that would split the amperage 4 ways...meaning a max charging output of .5 amps per battery, which would be too slow. If I could find a place that sells these connectors, and the pins that go in them I'd be in business...with a pin and a wire on each + and - on each of the charging outlets would give me four 1 cell charging adapters with up to 2 amps of charge available to each battery.
Dec 08, 2012, 06:45 PM
Which way is up?
What is 1C??? C'mon. Enough hijacking of this 120 SR thread. A complete and thorough Lipo battery charging education can be found in myriad places on the web. Right here on RC Groups in fact is enough information to educate yourself about the basics of (safe) battery charging and use.

And here
Dec 08, 2012, 08:59 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
For 5 bucks more the Thunder AC680 is a better deal than the old AC6.... it's the upgraded version...

80watts instead of 50.
6amp charge current instead of 2.2.

I was going to get one for a backup but I won't be buying from hobbypartz anymore
Dec 08, 2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56
What is 1C??? C'mon. Enough hijacking of this 120 SR thread. A complete and thorough Lipo battery charging education can be found in myriad places on the web. Right here on RC Groups in fact is enough information to educate yourself about the basics of (safe) battery charging and use.

And here

I guess I did get off topic...sorry...I did get the connectors I needed though...
Dec 08, 2012, 10:26 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56
"Hijacking" would be a little harsh. This forum is made for those who are wanting to know more and we've always been courteous.

Quick Reply