Sep 15, 2012, 07:39 AM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeve1973
Does anyone know where I can buy a Carbon Fibre or equivalent tail rotor blade for the 120? The one you get with the bird is ! I would love one which does not bend or has very little bend to it. Why would Blade cheap out on this?
I use the Solo Pro 328 tail and main blades. The tail rotor is what you are looking for.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2012, 07:45 AM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by B dog
Other Brian, ...
. Once sorted it's very weird to fly comming from a 120SR but also quite amazing if you can get your head around the flying habits of a CP. The main benifits of a CP to me is proper disk direction, meaning the bird will follow the fan direction exactly, no weird 45 degree flybar oddness. Also if set up for no inverted flight via the radio, you can fly it just like a 120SR but with complete and instant altitude control and it will handle wind WAY better.
Brian
Actually, I'm finding out that there are a lot of similarities between the CP and the SR120. That is, when you fly the SR120 with the correct knowledge of how it works. I spent nearly 2 years flying it "wrong" and when I moved to the CP class, and have done a lot of study on it, I now can fly my SR120 like crazy! I joke a lot about crashes of mine--all true--but that's month or two I can fly like a pro because of more knowledge.
Sep 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
Sax, it best if you have a helper. If not, I would weight the 120SR down and play low throttle (something easy to see). Just playing with the cyclic makes too little movement, and too little sound.
Thanks, Heli and Mike. I will do this.
Sep 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
Thanks, Heli and Mike. I will do this.
I forgot to mention, the range check is easily done with a helper as HP already pointed out. To be honest, I've never done a range check on any of my models. With the DX6i, I felt there was no need to. Also, the models I fly are small and you can lose orientation fairly easy so I keep them rather close with the exception of my Champ

If anyone is using one of those game boy TX's, IMHO, a range check is a must, especially for the Champ.

Mike.
Sep 15, 2012, 12:17 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
I have done range check with a friend once on my (non DX6i) radio that sports the same DSM module. We didn't have the measurement (I could google map it if I want). He reached the end of that field and couldn't go any further. And the signal was still good. But he was so far away, I could hardly see him, let alone my helicopter. So, from that point on, we don't ever think of the range again.

Sax has a slightly different situation. I think he just worked on the antenna and need to make sure that it's good.

Don't know too much about the DX6i, but doesn't it has a range-test mode that supposedly work without the help of a buddy? Doesn't it work in some kind of a simulated loop and you won't lose your aircraft if you do get out of range?

Edit: We are on page 1001. That's nuts!
Sep 15, 2012, 12:36 PM
Bugle6
I spend a lot of time on the sim program. You never need a range check, however, I did consider trying to fly in front of a 90in screen from two rooms away!
Sep 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
<SNIP>
Don't know too much about the DX6i, but doesn't it has a range-test mode that supposedly work without the help of a buddy? Doesn't it work in some kind of a simulated loop and you won't lose your aircraft if you do get out of range?
That's correct HP. I remember reading this when I got my new DX6i. And I just read it now. I was a bit skeptical then as I am now. You still have to initiate commands but, you can see what happens at a lesser distance,,,.. 90 feet by throwing the trainer switch and holding it while giving commands.

Mike.
Sep 15, 2012, 01:13 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
I spend a lot of time on the sim program. You never need a range check, however, I did consider trying to fly in front of a 90in screen from two rooms away!
It's a good thing you didn't try it. I hear those sims are IR which means if you flew in front of the TV your heli would have fallen out of the sky

Mike.
Sep 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
I'd have to check the manual, but I think the range check is done at like 30 paces or something. The Tx goes into a low power mode to do it.
Sep 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
I don't get this. How is a limitation of 30 paces, or 90 feet be good for a range test?
Sep 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Quote:
I don't get this. How is a limitation of 30 paces, or 90 feet be good for a range test?
Like I said, The Tx goes into a different mode that outputs at a lower power... simulating, I guess, the condition that would exist at a much greater distance.

I'm not sure it's supposed to be used to find any kind of actual limit... I think it's more for determining if there's some kind of range issue or malfunction with either component of your radio system... before you fly.
Sep 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
That's correct HP. I remember reading this when I got my new DX6i. And I just read it now. I was a bit skeptical then as I am now. You still have to initiate commands but, you can see what happens at a lesser distance,,,.. 90 feet by throwing the trainer switch and holding it while giving commands.

Mike.
90 feet or 30 paces or 27m (wanna break it down to inches?). You throw the trainer switch towards you (causes reduced power output from the TX), THEN, you do your commands. Page 13 in the DX6i manual.

Dang, I hate quoting myself
Sep 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
Closed Account
Can you break that down to inches for me?
Last edited by BattleDude; Sep 15, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Sep 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
Bugle6

Good batteries review

I bought and am now using the Turnigy Nano-tech 600mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Packs. You can order them at HobbyKing for $2.58 a piece. That's not a typo, it's $2.58 each. I am VERY pleased at their performance. Not only have they proved to be great performers, but every time I finish a hard flight, they are ice cold to the touch. My motor can be hot even with the heat sink, but the batteries are still cool. Totally amazing. I highly recommend you get some before they run out (as HobbyKing often does.) I'm going to order a few more just to keep them for future use.
Sep 15, 2012, 10:30 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude
Can you break that down to inches for me?
No problemo Bro

10" maybe?...hard to tell..

Quick Reply