Originally Posted by a_prophecy
What other heli`s do you have?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1056

to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2011, 11:11 AM
Fpv in Norway!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob
Amazing!! But you wrote that you`r gonna quit?
Why?
Jun 13, 2011, 12:06 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_prophecy
Amazing!! But you wrote that you`r gonna quit?
Why?
I'm not quitting, just quitting BUYIN' at least until I clear some current inventory.

I guess there is no real reason for that except that I am running a bit low on space, and so I feel like one of those ladies whose cats have taken over the house...

Now, if I can figure out a nice tidy way to store the ones I have and more...

Here is a spare bedroom right now...

I suppose I could look for a low, long credenza, and then maybe modify it to remove any center sections, so the overall length will let me store my nitro birds in and on it...

Jun 13, 2011, 12:28 PM
Fpv in Norway!!
Hehe! See what you meen
I started with cars and, well, the BIG ones, its spaceconsuming right! And totally agree that this hobby is REALLY adicting!! Have only 4 birds now, but think there will be more as the skill-level rises Sweet stand by the way
Jun 13, 2011, 06:32 PM
Where did that tree come from?
Wow, and I feel guilty about purchasing number 4 today. Another flybarless Walkera V450 to go inside an Airwolf body, which is due from RC Aerodyne any day now.
Jun 13, 2011, 06:43 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl
purchasing number 4 today. Another flybarless Walkera V450 to go inside an Airwolf body...
Sweet!
Jun 14, 2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
These are some pics I had laying around. Hope they help. Your heli might be long enough so that you don't need to cut the fuselage tail boom.
Hi urrl, I received the Lama canopy and at a first glance it seems that I may not need to shorten it to fit my Guru-Z. I may need to remove the very last section with the tail fin pointing up since the boom of the heli has already a large tail fin going down.

I have the following questions now:

- I assume I have to cut the Lama canopy in two sections (rear and front, right now it is one piece), where do you recommend to make the cut, and how to start it without cracking the canopy?

- After I cut the Lama canopy in two, how can I support the tail section, in other words how does it get connected to the frame and to the boom? It would have to allow free movement to the tail servo+rod.

Apologies but I have zero experience with scale fuselages.

Thanks
Jun 15, 2011, 06:05 AM
Where did that tree come from?
Why and where do you have to cut the Lama canopy twice in the front? Pics would help demonstrate what you mean because once it is opened from the bottom seam (gutted along the bottom like a fish) I slide the mechanics in from the bottom. The bottom seam is then taped back together and with me once it is taped the boom seemed to need little support from the frame, but if you could think of a better way to support it, perhaps with a small styrofoam cushion around the tail boom like a gasket, which is supplied with some fiberglass fuselages, then great. The canopy rods on the 4F200 keep the fuselage in place. I have never seen a Guru-z so until you send some pics of it (in front of the fuselage, etc) I can't suggest you do any cutting except for separating the bottom seam with an exacto knife, gutting it like a fish as said before as shown in one of my pics.
Last edited by urrl; Jun 15, 2011 at 06:11 AM.
Jun 15, 2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Why and where do you have to cut the Lama canopy twice in the front? (...)
Aha! OK, I will check if such approach could work for me. Here is a picture of my Guru while still under construction, but that gives a fair idea of its structure. Thanks for your help
Jun 17, 2011, 12:40 PM

A bit of play in swash rocking lever.

Hey does anyone else have a bit of play in the swash rocking lever? That's the mechanism that prevents the swash from turning with the main blades.

I have a bit of play in mine to the point where my pitch is affected by a few degrees. The cause seems to be the pin that is inserted through the main shaft. The pin seems to be a bit smaller that the hole in the shaft that it is inserted through.

Anyone?
Jun 17, 2011, 12:58 PM
"you'll play to live "
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonite
Hey does anyone else have a bit of play in the swash rocking lever? That's the mechanism that prevents the swash from turning with the main blades.

I have a bit of play in mine to the point where my pitch is affected by a few degrees. The cause seems to be the pin that is inserted through the main shaft. The pin seems to be a bit smaller that the hole in the shaft that it is inserted through.

Anyone?
I don't think pin is loose, must be the tubes on arm is too long .Just use sandpaper to make them bit shorter to keep the arm tight with screws.
AC
Jun 17, 2011, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash
I don't think pin is loose, must be the tubes on arm is too long .Just use sandpaper to make them bit shorter to keep the arm tight with screws.
AC
Correct... the pin was not loose. That aluminum piece in the middle of your picture that slides down the main shaft was the culprit. The pin was not tight when inserted into that middle piece. I inserted the pin into a spare piece I had laying around and the same pin fit tighter in it. Problem solved - the 4F200 runs much smoother.
Aug 06, 2011, 09:31 PM
Thread OP
Ive just finished an expensive rebuild on my 4F200 which included-

1x main frame
1x blade grip set
1x battery
1x RC Timer ESC
1x RX-2612v(had one new in surplus)
1x swash plate(5th one)
1x blade set
3x cyclic servo's

and i ran a ground wire from boom, so you would think i had covered all bases with this rebuild. Anyway I was doing a hover test around the yard and all was looking quite good, then as I brought her in to land, wammo!! the sudden roll over. Luckily my head speed was riened in a bit with my setup and no damage, but this RX is realling p#@%ing me off. Ive got the same RX fitted to two 450size heli's without any problems so far.

Has anybody tried fitting a RX-2610s to this heli? or is the newer RX-2618v from the LM a proven winner?

I really dont want to pour to much more money into this project as its been the most costly heli for up keep ive owned. It flies great at times, but the random electronics glitches are hard to content with.

The other option I guess is to fit a flybared 2B head on it and turn down the AILE/ELEV gyro's.

any thoughts on this?

Mick
Aug 06, 2011, 10:43 PM
"you'll play to live "
Hey Mick, use 4F200LM RX, it's much more better .
AC
Aug 06, 2011, 11:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash
Hey Mick, use 4F200LM RX, it's much more better .
AC
I guess i'll ground this heli again for a while until it gets the LM rx. Thx AC

Quick Reply