Dec 17, 2011, 01:46 AM
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons
I haven't gotten that far yet. Are you reversing it on the reverse menu or are you using a negative value to reverse the direction? Or, what channel is the rudder on the tx? I haven't reversed the rudder gyro on the rx yet.

Thanks again. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread with this question.
Based on your latest questions, I'm unsure of what you're trying to accomplish. Why are you reversing the blade grips? Are you trying to reverse the tail pitch, or blade direction? Or are you trying to compensate for the direction of the rudder gyro response?

AB
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2011, 07:26 PM
I want to be able to correct the geometry on the tail slider. Currently I have more travel with left rudder due to the slider is not centered. Flipping the grips will correct this. I can just mount the servo horn on the other side to correct the servo travel direction, but I'm wondering if there is another way.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyHelifly11
Based on your latest questions, I'm unsure of what you're trying to accomplish. Why are you reversing the blade grips? Are you trying to reverse the tail pitch, or blade direction? Or are you trying to compensate for the direction of the rudder gyro response?

AB
Dec 18, 2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons
I want to be able to correct the geometry on the tail slider. Currently I have more travel with left rudder due to the slider is not centered. Flipping the grips will correct this. I can just mount the servo horn on the other side to correct the servo travel direction, but I'm wondering if there is another way.
Thanks
O I C, I thought you were having rudder direction problems. You can't adjust the linkage or slide the servo mount up or back to center the slider???

AB
Dec 18, 2011, 12:42 AM
I finally got those Henge servos I've been waiting for. Set the 2702 up, & couldn't believe how easy it was. Got a 30 second hover in, limited by darkness & a little rain. Going to try & get it adjusted & flying tomorrow!

AB
Dec 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
I finally got those Henge servos I've been waiting for. Set the 2702 up, & couldn't believe how easy it was. Got a 30 second hover in, limited by darkness & a little rain. Going to try & get it adjusted & flying tomorrow!

AB
Are the Henge servo's drop in's. What's the Henge number?
Are you using the 2702 in the 4F200?
Dec 18, 2011, 01:54 PM
I finished the 2 blade mod last night.

It fly's great, better than the 3 blade version.
It's much quieter, and very stable. Longer flight times too.
I flew it with the 1500mah stock battery this morning just to see how long the flight time would be. I got 10 minutes on the pack.

I have another 4F200 which I'll keep as a 3 blade version.

I think this is one of Walkera's best designs yet.
Dec 21, 2011, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
Are the Henge servo's drop in's. What's the Henge number?
Are you using the 2702 in the 4F200?
I'm using Henge MD933's for the cyclics in my HIKO400. They are a bit longer in depth, but I was able to use the stock mounting tabs. I had to mount the rear servo behind the tab, the servo arm was too close to the elevator servo. WK7.6-6's came out. I'm also using the 2702 in the HIKO.
I'm not sure if they will fit in the 4F200....anybody?

AB
Last edited by OldGuyHelifly11; Dec 21, 2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: edit
Dec 21, 2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
I'm using Henge MD933's for the cyclics in my HIKO400. They are a bit longer in depth, but I was able to use the stock mounting tabs. I had to mount the rear servo behind the tab, the servo arm was too close to the elevator servo. WK7.6-6's came out. I'm also using the 2702 in the HIKO.
I'm not sure if they will fit in the 4F200....anybody?

AB
How do you program the 2702 RX. Do you use the TX to program it?
Dec 22, 2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
How do you program the 2702 RX. Do you use the TX to program it?
I got an info booklet from WOW. It is essentially the V450 setup instructions with some modifications/updates made by WOW. It's a very direct and easy to follow instruction sheet that explains how to setup the endpoints of servo travel and gyro direction. Everything is done using both the Rx & Tx.

Let me know if you need some assistance.

AB
Dec 23, 2011, 02:43 PM
I got this heli from Dkfuji, part of a package deal.I've read this whole thread and was kinda expecting the worse. To my surprise and delight it flys really well. My first liftoff it did go to the right a little but I was nervous. Just added a little more throttle and up it went. The tail is rock solid and holds in hard climbouts. So far after 6 packs no problems that were discussed here. Things may show up over time but THIS heli is awesome. I guess getting it from Darryl has something to do with it.
By the way the LM flys great too. He sent along 1 1500mah and 1 1200mah battery. The 1500 was in the LM and the 1200 in this one. I tried the 1500 in the 4F200 and could not get the canopy on without pushing the batt up against the Elev servo. Is the 1500 for this heli shorter? Would like to get some extra batts and hoped to use them for both. Some advice would be great.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Ron
Dec 26, 2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob
ESC (including BEC power -- pos and neg-- and also throttle signal) to THRO1, all other servos as labeled. THRO 2 not used.
THRO 2 is not filtered for 'power on with non-zero throttle' so you can use it to program your ESC. Plugged into THRO1 you won't be able to program the ESC.
Dec 26, 2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
THRO 2 is not filtered for 'power on with non-zero throttle' so you can use it to program your ESC. Plugged into THRO1 you won't be able to program the ESC.
That's good to know. I was attempting to program a new ESC yesterday, and gave up. Thanks!

AB
Dec 27, 2011, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69
I got this heli from Dkfuji, part of a package deal.I've read this whole thread and was kinda expecting the worse. To my surprise and delight it flys really well. My first liftoff it did go to the right a little but I was nervous. Just added a little more throttle and up it went. The tail is rock solid and holds in hard climbouts. So far after 6 packs no problems that were discussed here. Things may show up over time but THIS heli is awesome. I guess getting it from Darryl has something to do with it.
By the way the LM flys great too. He sent along 1 1500mah and 1 1200mah battery. The 1500 was in the LM and the 1200 in this one. I tried the 1500 in the 4F200 and could not get the canopy on without pushing the batt up against the Elev servo. Is the 1500 for this heli shorter? Would like to get some extra batts and hoped to use them for both. Some advice would be great.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Ron

First off it sounds like you are dealing with a non stock heli. The 1500 is the recommended battery from WOW. It is possible you have longer than stock servo arms. The stock arms come close to the battery to begin with. You'll have to have someone else tell you what the stock length is for the servo arms though. I changed mine out a while back and don't have access to my heli right now regardless.
Dec 27, 2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahfu
First off it sounds like you are dealing with a non stock heli. The 1500 is the recommended battery from WOW. It is possible you have longer than stock servo arms. The stock arms come close to the battery to begin with. You'll have to have someone else tell you what the stock length is for the servo arms though. I changed mine out a while back and don't have access to my heli right now regardless.
Thank you. Dkfuji has modded this heli and may have put on the longer servo arms. I'll have to PM him and ask. I'll also look around on Ebay and try an find a battery that is a little shorter. I can't complain too much, I got a great deal on this and it flys really awesome.
Dec 27, 2011, 06:58 AM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69
Thank you. Dkfuji has modded this heli and may have put on the longer servo arms. I'll have to PM him and ask. I'll also look around on Ebay and try an find a battery that is a little shorter. I can't complain too much, I got a great deal on this and it flys really awesome.
Here is some info and pix that might help (from earlier on the thread) - for instance, notice that with the 1800, I need to put the wires at the top so the canopy goes on:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1453

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1454

Quick Reply