Aug 01, 2010, 04:02 AM
Rafa, that was 10 times better than my first flight with a CP.......come to think of it 10 time longer too. That little oops at the end of the second video, is why I not allowed to fly the CP Pro2 in the house. That was awesome keep flying man.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2010, 07:18 AM
"you'll play to live "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100
As my last post showed, I had thought that I might at least be able to hover this thing inside. I realize that it is many times larger than my CB100, but I can do figure 8s and loops in this same room with it.

If I was to try the settings listed in your picture, I have a question about your D/R and Expo settings. Are you using any D/R or Expo, and if so, how much?

Another way to ask the question would be this: If I was to try your rx settings, should I keep my D/R and Expo 'newbie-ized', or take them back to stock settings? Thanks,

Rafa
Before changing smt on TX, i've already backup stok config by copying to a second name on it, say 4F200-2 and use this for trial.I've made some changes like lowering expo-D/R setting all to 50% but still can't fly it indoor comfortably so i decide to keep all stock except i've lowered at max the HOV-T button slider on 2801TX and also raised at max HOV-P switch .After that moving all 3axis spot to nearly end on the " -" side (remember that + is for killing the axis reaction ) , now heli take off gently & hover dead in air .Don't worry for these spots 'cause they're there to be adjusted and you can return them to center at any time.Why don't you put some rubber on skid for sliding-free when take off? as i've said on my early post,this heli have tendence to lean right everytime, even swash is well balanced!
Thanks for asking
Acrash
Last edited by Alwayscrash; Aug 01, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
Aug 01, 2010, 10:23 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47
Forward flight may be a bit more tricky.
Forward flight is the easy part. What to do when it starts to go sideways, is the hard part. I see that movie over and over again in my head. It seems to take quite a few re-runs to figure it out.
Aug 01, 2010, 01:10 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSavage
When I look on Walkera's web page for this heli, it says:

What is a "Simulated three-blade structure"

TIA,

Dan
They are trying to say "we are simulating a multiblade heli" more like a real heli looks. Its called "Engrish" and you always have to read between the lines to figure out what they are really trying to say

Check out this link http://engrish.com/ Some pretty hilarious stuff!!!
Aug 01, 2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100
Oh yeah, training gear. I meant to do that, but I knew I had forgotten something.

Well, it's not nearly as pretty as I had hoped, and I learned some very valuable lessons, but here's my first few moments of CP and 4F200. Next time, I'll go to an open field with the training gear installed. Luckily, the LHS has E-Flite stuff that is generic enough to fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T8EnvZ94kI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkvCvCdS0fI

The little crash at the end of the second video did do a bit of damage. The blades did strike the couch and they have a tiny bit of damage. One of the linkage rods to one of the blade controllers got pulled, and stripped the plastic on one end, and flew off the heli on the other end. I found the missing piece, and 2-part epoxied the stripped link. I went to the LHS to see if I could cross reference something, but no luck directly--E-Flite balls and links a bit larger. I'll remeasure and adjust the rods, maybe try again tomorrow now that I've got my training gear mounted.

I did check CG before the flight, and the heli was a bit tail heavy. I wasn't quite sure how to adjust the CG, other than adding weight to the nose. I had also noticed that the elevator trim was a bit forward to start with--presumably from the Wow test flight. What's the best way to play with CG on something like this? I can't just slide the battery like my little CB100. Thanks, here we go,

Rafa
Rafa
If this was really your first CP flight you have balls the size of watermelons! Wow not bad really. Like other people say if you could do that this heli must be really stable. The 3 axis gryo is a great leap for Walkera considering their sorted past. By the way there is a post here with a link to prices for parts. That is Trex style pricing!
Marc
Aug 01, 2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash
Before changing smt on TX, i've already backup stok config by copying to a second name on it, say 4F200-2 and use this for trial.I've made some changes like lowering expo-D/R setting all to 50% but still can't fly it indoor comfortably so i decide to keep all stock except i've lowered at max the HOV-T button slider on 2801TX and also raised at max HOV-P switch .After that moving all 3axis spot to nearly end on the " -" side (remember that + is for killing the axis reaction ) , now heli take off gently & hover dead in air .Don't worry for these spots 'cause they're there to be adjusted and you can return them to center at any time.Why don't you put some rubber on skid for sliding-free when take off? as i've said on my early post,this heli have tendence to lean right everytime, even swash is well balanced!
Thanks for asking
Acrash
AC
With this new reciever do you have full programmable access to all the functions on the 2801Pro? IE: 5 point Throttle and Pitch curves, adjustable dual rate, swash mix, Travel adjust etc. I love that I can fine tune all my helis with my DX6i. I can make the Trex250 easy enough for my kid to hover. Granted no good for 3D but a few adjustments and it is ready for more aggresive flight. Very high functionality.
Marc
Aug 01, 2010, 04:16 PM
"you'll play to live "
Marc,
Yes man, 2801pro is fully programmable with this RX, so enjoy it.
Aug 01, 2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompma
Rafa
If this was really your first CP flight you have balls the size of watermelons! Wow not bad really. Like other people say if you could do that this heli must be really stable. The 3 axis gryo is a great leap for Walkera considering their sorted past. By the way there is a post here with a link to prices for parts. That is Trex style pricing!
Marc
Marc, Well done on flying this FP/CP heli, i thank i will say with the LM3 for now, again well done.
Aug 01, 2010, 07:26 PM
Live to learn. . .

Take II

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words thus far. What fun! I'm sure it won't be long before I'm not filming every flight, but until then, here's Take II-- with training gear installed, some more room, and about a 5 mph wind. You can probably hear that my main gear got a bit damaged in my 'living room excursion' yesterday. C'mon parts . . . . .

I must say that I'm surprised that this heli is this steady. I really can't take much credit for the flying. I think it's a testament to the heli's skills more than mine.

I also learned that the battery fits and balances better for me if the wires from the battery are coming out of the top of the mount instead of the bottom. Enjoying what's left of the weekend (with a beer in my hand),

Rafa

Rafa's first outdoor flight with his new Walkera 4F200 from Wowhobbies--with about a 5 mph wind.. (1 min 20 sec)
Aug 01, 2010, 07:27 PM
Suspended Account

Not the first production 3-blade.

I've had this 3-bladed heli for years. Beautiful scale look. Flies like a dream, needs no fancy schmancy radio gear. Flies indoors safely. Yank on the pull cord and up she goes. Lands softly, hurts no furniture. No damage. Nearly indestructible. Repeat as many times as desired or till the pull cord breaks. Purchased for 5 bucks at Walmart. Unfortunately, no parts availability.
Aug 02, 2010, 12:01 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
Hey Rafa nice job. Took me forever and a load of parts to get my first outdoor CP hover going okay. Good for you man.

Here is a few pics of my 4F200 with Trex 250 skids installed on her. I like the stance and lower sling to it. It looks pretty cool. IMO of course. Thought I would take a shot with a few of my other helis (and my buddy's T550E) to give some perspective to size and look.

I love this hobby.
Last edited by dkfuji; Aug 02, 2010 at 12:27 AM.
Aug 02, 2010, 12:26 AM
Marty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji
Here is a few pics of my 4F200 with Trex 250 skids installed on her. I like the stance and lower sling to it. It looks pretty cool. IMO of course. Thought I would take a shot with a few of my other helis (and my buddy's T550E) to give some perspective to size and look.

I love this hobby.
To switch to 2 blades I would think you would need higher head speed, did it go up by itself due to less mass or did you increase the throttle?

Also since the tail still has 3 blades does it piro really fast? Should have loads of excess thrust.

I'm tempted to get this heli but I'm afraid it would sit around as much as my GL-EP200 does. But was thinking of getting this RX and figuring out a way to mount it on the EP200, I think the head on that heli would be real easy to convert to flybarless.
Aug 02, 2010, 12:40 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
Hey Marty. How are you? Anyway, the HS stock out of the box at 100% throttle was 4300 rpm. It is now running at around 4500 rpm at 100% with no modification to gear ratio (yet). Being about 25-30g lighter than a T250, even on 2S there is a lot of punch. More than enough for myself. Wish I had more 3D skills so I could really find out what else it may need. Guess I will try and get down to Manny and let him fly 2 and 3 bladed versions and see what he thinks.

Piro rates are pretty fast and steady. At least it is consistent going CW or CCW. They really did a nice job on heli IMO. It really doesn't need anything to have fun right out of the box.

You are right. The Guanli could easily be made FBL. All you will need is a long link and the ball to install on the main grips.
Aug 02, 2010, 12:56 AM
JossyRC dot com
Quote:

What do you guys think? Is anyone interested in the mod? Just trying to see if there is a want factor.

Darryl
Nope there are definitive advantages to 3 blades over 2.
Aug 02, 2010, 01:57 AM
Marty
Quote:
Hey Marty. How are you? Anyway, the HS stock out of the box at 100% throttle was 4300 rpm. It is now running at around 4500 rpm at 100% with no modification to gear ratio (yet). Being about 25-30g lighter than a T250, even on 2S there is a lot of punch. More than enough for myself. Wish I had more 3D skills so I could really find out what else it may need. Guess I will try and get down to Manny and let him fly 2 and 3 bladed versions and see what he thinks.

Piro rates are pretty fast and steady. At least it is consistent going CW or CCW. They really did a nice job on heli IMO. It really doesn't need anything to have fun right out of the box.
Arrggg, I'm really tempted to get one, maybe in a few weeks. By then the fields at the ranch should be normal again. The field I was using in the spring is now fenced in and has horses living on it, but that means the field the horses were in is now open but they are building an arena there, once that is done it will be a nice area to fly in, 225 by 155 foot fenced area with nothing around it for 100 feet on all sides, and there might be bleachers to stand on...

Actually what I'm really tempted to do is get this heli BNF and that Gaui 200 MD500 fuselage kit and combine them, I think the head and tail from the Walkera would look great on that MD500 kit, servos and RX should also transfer...

So, I probably shouldn't ask but does the Walkera use a standard 3mm main shaft?

Quote:
You are right. The Guanli could easily be made FBL. All you will need is a long link and the ball to install on the main grips.
Yea, I figured I could make a little aluminum part to replace the mixer and keep the ball link centered, replace the flybar with a short CF rod in the central ball and some super glue to lock it in place to keep the links straight.

Quick Reply