This thread is privately moderated by Matt Gunn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 23, 2010, 10:48 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Discussion

How To Disturb A Nesting Bird

Sometimes birds are stubborn and don't want to leave their nest. You can throw small objects such as tennis balls, in hopes it will get scared and come down, or you can wait 'till it's napping and sneak up with a 45 foot boom truck...
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 23, 2010 at 10:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2010, 11:25 PM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
How lazy! Nobody felt like climbing that tree?

Andy (who has climbed many a tree so far...)
Jun 24, 2010, 08:37 AM
Thread OP
Note to self: get son...

LOL
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jun 24, 2010, 09:05 AM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
So, Matt, whose plane was it? Yours? Must be since you have the photographic evidence. LOL
Jun 24, 2010, 09:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose
So, Matt, whose plane was it? Yours? Must be since you have the photographic evidence. LOL
Yea. Heres the story:
I like to fly the T28 with a 2200mAh 14.8 volt pack every once in a while. People often say the stock esc can't handle 14.8 but it's been doing well for over a year with this pack.
I was doing a high-speed pass and applied a generous amount for down elevator and the negative g's ejected the battery and sent it on a ballistic trajectory away from the airplane. So at that point the T-28, without canopy or battery, was basically a freeflight glider and headed off towards the tree line. Even though it was without a battery and I'm assuming it was out of balance, it covered quite a bit of ground and planted itself in the tree.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jun 27, 2010, 09:22 PM
making the world a weird place
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
Yea. Heres the story:
I like to fly the T28 with a 2200mAh 14.8 volt pack every once in a while. People often say the stock esc can't handle 14.8 but it's been doing well for over a year with this pack.
I was doing a high-speed pass and applied a generous amount for down elevator and the negative g's ejected the battery and sent it on a ballistic trajectory away from the airplane. So at that point the T-28, without canopy or battery, was basically a freeflight glider and headed off towards the tree line. Even though it was without a battery and I'm assuming it was out of balance, it covered quite a bit of ground and planted itself in the tree.
How do you hold your 4s in? i use a battery strap out of a radian and a lipo "box" out of a fms f-15. It doesn't budge at all. I am also running 4s on stock electronics and it is great.

Quick Reply