Oct 19, 2011, 07:34 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaXray1
JT,

The original "Spitfire" used a two bladed wooden fixed pitch prop. Didn't last long, before much better props were used.
Got it I have the three blade now with the new Merlin, maybe fly it tonight
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2011, 07:56 PM
Rick
Hey Roger I want to fly to TLH on the sim but I want to make a flight plan. I need to make a plan for the flight in the 150 so I need the practice
Last edited by Rick42J; Oct 19, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Oct 19, 2011, 08:15 PM
Rger that, Rick. sounds like a plan.......HA.
Oct 20, 2011, 09:58 AM
Last night was briefly fun, JT had fire and smoke from that Spitfire. The Bearcat is awesome as usual.

Roger

The trouble with the FSX operation was linked to my having turned up my Administrator security settings on the computer. I turned them back down and all is well.
Oct 20, 2011, 10:09 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaXray1
Last night was briefly fun, JT had fire and smoke from that Spitfire. The Bearcat is awesome as usual.

Roger

The trouble with the FSX operation was linked to my having turned up my Administrator security settings on the computer. I turned them back down and all is well.
Roger
What Bearcat is that? I don't seem to have one anymore???????
JT
Oct 20, 2011, 05:11 PM
This is the BEARCAT from HT's Blog....I think it is the same one.

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=136067

Roger
Oct 21, 2011, 05:53 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Little under the weather , but will try and be on 8:30 or so
Oct 21, 2011, 05:53 PM
This is a REAL Bearcat.....Cooooool.

Roger
Oct 22, 2011, 06:56 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Not sure about tonight still under the weather, will check in 8:30-9 see if y'all are on
Oct 23, 2011, 09:07 PM
Hey WJ, how do you get the AI Carriers on you FSX, I tried to download one program and the carriers were suppose to be in Rio De Janero, but I can't find them anywhere? Can you tell me where is a good place to download some that I can use in the game.
Thanks
REG
Oct 23, 2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regsilva
Hey WJ, how do you get the AI Carriers on you FSX, I tried to download one program and the carriers were suppose to be in Rio De Janero, but I can't find them anywhere? Can you tell me where is a good place to download some that I can use in the game.
Thanks
REG
Go to my blog and a few posts down I have a post with nothing but FSX Links, Look for the AI Carriers section. Download the AI Carriers 2 package.
Download that, open the folder and run the installer. You should be good to go. Restart your PC. When playing flight simulator, press "Shift-J" and the AI-carriers menu will pop up. Hope this helps.

HT
Oct 23, 2011, 11:35 PM
Just was watching this and I thought it was pretty interesting.

Microsoft Flight Simulator History (TURN ON ANNOTATIONS) (9 min 2 sec)

HT
Oct 24, 2011, 01:57 AM

Good evening Gents

Good evening,

I was wondering if I could ask a few newbie questions on the FSX SW...
I will just post those and hope a good samaritan will assist me.
I have been given FSX Deluxe recently and I am at a lost.

- Using k-brd I find I am missing some controls on some planes. I/E get the wing tip floats dwn on a Grumman Goose plane. Get rudder control on any plane etc.
??
- There are many commands I cannot access apparently due to the fact (maybe) that I am using a 101 key k-brd, is that correct? Any remedy?
- Not everyplane have the same requirements so how do I know what command that was say lowering floats on a goose is now used as wind-breaks on a sail plane???
- The program is utterly slow and seems to have to re-load itself after every crash or plane change??? Using vista32/ AMD turion/Nvidia card/4gig ram???
- I am trying to use a logitech wingman rumblepad with the SW but the ting is just uncontrolable???
- where or can I find planes renditions and would they have life-like characteristics ??

The only that came with the box is a small pamphlet describing that you can do missions or learn via tutorials etc. no mapping for k-brds, or mapping for a rumblepad etc...

I whish to thank in advance anyone who cares to help a newbie...

Cheers,

a
Oct 24, 2011, 11:35 AM
Welcome to our little FSX corner Coyote,

Where to start..... I guess I will just run down the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote24
- There are many commands I cannot access apparently due to the fact (maybe) that I am using a 101 key k-brd, is that correct? Any remedy?
- Not everyplane have the same requirements so how do I know what command that was say lowering floats on a goose is now used as wind-breaks on a sail plane???
The settings tab on the left side when you launch FSX, here you can adjust your control mapping and plus when flying hit "Shift-F10" this will bring up the kneeboard and show you the complete list of default simulator commands. Just scroll down to the appropriate section.

Quote:
- The program is utterly slow and seems to have to re-load itself after every crash or plane change??? Using vista32/ AMD turion/Nvidia card/4gig ram???
Once again refer to the settings tab and tweak the settings, this link is a mandatory read,it will give you a base line to start at,
http://jonpatch.wordpress.com/2007/0...tings-for-fsx/

FSX is very CPU hungry and everyone's settings are different, as a rule remember, clouds, water and terrain complexity/mesh are the biggest problems, read the article in the link and you should be able to get pretty good frame rates.

Quote:
- I am trying to use a logitech wingman rumblepad with the SW but the ting is just uncontrolable???
Again calibrate your joystick if need be and then in the settings tab of FSX, you can fine tune your joystick settings

Quote:
- where or can I find planes renditions and would they have life-like characteristics ??
First look on my blog a few posts down and there will be a whole post with the add-on aircraft we fly, these are pretty nice airplanes ranging from WW1 to modern fighters.

Simviation.com is a very good place to look for FSX add on aircraft, also join their forum, there are a lot of helpful people there.

Flightsim.com

and I never use this one but I think there is one called Simouthouse.com

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask,

HT
Oct 24, 2011, 03:28 PM
No conspiracy in theory
HT,
You mean this?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1339770

Also welcome to ya Coyote! (we may be crazy, but it helps)

Be on after 9 tonite, feel like flying a cub down the river for awhile...
Mike.

Quick Reply