Jun 20, 2010, 08:13 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Problem with Lama v4 Binding

Hi,

I am a newbie, recently got an E-Sky Lama v4, 2.5GHz.

Unfortunately without reading the instructions properly, I switched it on without putting the throttle and corresponding trim as minimum.

The heli started flying and I couldn't control it, Unfortunately this broke all of its blades.

I replaced all the blades. But now the heli is not starting.

Its red and green led is flashing continously. I read that unbinding and rebinding the Transmitter and receiver will solve the problem.

I followed the following steps:
Switched off the Tx.
Switched on 4-in-1 controller.
Pressed the reset switch, the orange led started flashing very quickly.
Switched on the Transmitter. (nothing happened)

Switched off the Transmitter
Switched off and switched on the the 4-in-1 controller.
Switched on the Transmitter.
The Orange led is still flashing.
The red-green leds are still flashing.

Please help.

Regards,
Amit
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2010, 09:27 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit2046
Hi,

I am a newbie, recently got an E-Sky Lama v4, 2.5GHz.

Unfortunately without reading the instructions properly, I switched it on without putting the throttle and corresponding trim as minimum.

The heli started flying and I couldn't control it, Unfortunately this broke all of its blades.

I replaced all the blades. But now the heli is not starting.

Its red and green led is flashing continously. I read that unbinding and rebinding the Transmitter and receiver will solve the problem.

I followed the following steps:
Switched off the Tx.
Switched on 4-in-1 controller.
Pressed the reset switch, the orange led started flashing very quickly.
Switched on the Transmitter. (nothing happened)

Switched off the Transmitter
Switched off and switched on the the 4-in-1 controller.
Switched on the Transmitter.
The Orange led is still flashing.
The red-green leds are still flashing.

Please help.

Regards,
Amit
Hi Amit,

I had kind of the same problem a couple of days ago, when I exchanged an Esky 4in1 unit ... my experience from this action is that the Esky 4in1's are a little unreliable when it comes to binding with the transmitter (TX).

Just try the following:
make sure there are new batteries in the TX.
now reset your 4in1 until you get to the point where the orange light flashes rapidly.
By this time the TX needs to still be off.
When the LED flashes rapidly orange (ie. 4in1 is in binding mode) switch on the TX. The red LED in the lower left of the TX will flash rapidly for about 3sec. (This is the time during which the TX sends the binding code.)
If the 4in1 does not get solid orange during this time, just switch of the TX, wait a second and repeat.
You may have to do this several times before it works (mine only worked after the 5th try)

Hope this helped
Sven
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jun 20, 2010, 11:58 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Binding is more critical than operating. Optimize reception conditions. TX and RX should be 3 feet apart and at least 3 feet from any metal surface.
Jun 21, 2010, 10:18 AM
Thread OP
Hi Sven,

I bought new alkaline battries for the Tx.
I tried to reset the 4in1 but could not do so (the orange led is flashing continuously but not rapidly, only first time when I unbind the Rx it flashed rapidly)
tried 14-15 times but every time it failed.
I even kept Rx and Tx around 3 feet apart and aleast 3 feet from metal surface.

Still It failed.

In my Tx:
The throttle is at right hand side.
And in the servo reverser, the throttle switch is at REV position, and others are at NOR position.

Please help.

Regards,
Amit
Jun 21, 2010, 12:13 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Quote:
And in the servo reverser, the throttle switch is at REV position, and others are at NOR position.
Not on my V4 it isn't. AIL and ELE are REV, THR and RUD are NOR. No Esky uses REV THR.
Jun 21, 2010, 12:38 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Hi Amit,

I have to second arbilab here, all my esky tx have the THRO on normal - but maybe you already tried to change that too ... I honestly don't know what to say, when I tried to do the binding, the LED would keep flashing rapidly until it worked ... don't know why yours goes to blinking state ...

Hopefully someone else will come on board here with additional ideas ...

Sven
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jun 22, 2010, 05:18 AM
Thread OP
Yes,

I tried putting Throttle on NOR as well as REV, but it didn't help.

I don't know what to do now. I dont even know whether there is problem with Transmitter, Receiver or Binding.

Please help.

Regards,
Amit
Jul 18, 2010, 01:31 AM
Thread OP
Isn't there any one who can help me out??

Regards,
Amit
Jul 18, 2010, 11:32 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Your first post sounded like you had a pretty bad crash. Take off the canopy and check to make sure that tiny RX antenna is still intact with the 4in1.

Mike.
Jul 19, 2010, 01:45 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Mike, The RX antenna is intact. And even after pressing the reset button, the LEDs keep blinking continuously but not rapidly.

Regards,
Amit
Jul 16, 2019, 06:38 AM
hello mates I have a problem with my v4 lama. I'm new to this forum if anyone is still there. My helicopter is malfunctioning when I call. I did not find the reset button on the 4em1 controller. Anyone know where this is located ?? I believe that a simple reset would solve, then to read the battery it starts to spin uncontrollably even with the tx turned off. Thank you to anyone who can write to me.

Quick Reply