Thread Tools
Aug 09, 2010, 03:12 AM
Registered User
2000-redrider's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Yes and here it is:
It's weird, but I can almost see Dwayne with a big smile on his face in all those pictures.

Great job on the bike. Not looking forward to racing against you, though.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2010, 12:14 PM
Registered User
Torrance's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Yes and here it is:
nice! looks like the Jordan Suzukis a few seasons ago - with the Tar Heel blue. so when we racin' next?
Aug 09, 2010, 08:15 PM
DLAWW
DLAWW's Avatar
Artesia track was up this past weekend, its up every 2nd and 4th weekend each month. I talked to Glen and he said the Nitro guys are picking up, so he might have it up every Sat. If We could race once a month it would be great for me. Also you know your bikes Torrance, yes that where I got the color scheme from I couldn't find the exact blue though.
Last edited by DLAWW; Aug 09, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
Aug 09, 2010, 09:36 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Artesia track was up this past weekend, its up every 2nd and 4th weekend each month. I talked to Glen and he said the Nitro guys are picking up, so he might have it up every Sat. If We could race once a month it would be great for me. Also you know your bikes Torrance, yes that where I got the color scheme from I couldn't find the exact blue though.
blah blah blah......





LOL
Aug 10, 2010, 12:00 AM
DLAWW
DLAWW's Avatar
I know! I know! Jimmy I felt the same way when Lito got Nolan's bike, I feel your pain. I eventually got over it, then Stubby got one and he went to the worlds with it. Its tough all over.
Aug 14, 2010, 05:51 AM
scale microlights
mark675's Avatar
i took the sb5 out in the wet the other day running pmt 020's
i put the long bars on at first and did a few laps then bought it in a bent them up abit and did a few more.. ended up running dry weather bars with the fairing nearly on the floor round bends! lol. unbelievable grip!

i got the bike back and the shocks and stuff were covered in dirt and grit so i knocked up a small hugger out of a old fm-1e front mudguard -i know you guys have got 100's of these things lying around!
Aug 14, 2010, 11:00 AM
scale microlights
mark675's Avatar
modified the yokes aswell.. its a rainy day here so not much to do

I got this mod from allan waterfall i think? it stops the shaft turning in the yokes instead of the bearings,

I drilled two 2.5mm holes in the yokes, tapped them m3, milled a flat in two places on the shaft and put two grub screws in, job done!
is a mod well worth doing too, makes them work as they should and takes out any slight play that is in the yokes

i also noticed the front wheel wasnt turning as free as i could be,
i traced it down to the spacer in the left side being too wide and preloading the bearing,
seems it was the right size before it got anodised so i just rubbed it on some fine sandpaper on both sides until it was back down to the alloy, its perfect now.. spins very free but has no side to side movement at all.

this bike is such a pleasure to work on!
is it just me that thinks this bike is a huge step forward in rc bike design?

its eliminated so many of the problems of the 'old' bikes

i love it!!
Aug 14, 2010, 12:38 PM
Registered User
Torrance's Avatar
some clever mods there kneeboy. glad you're enjoying the bike. i'm a lazy mechanic so i try to make my designs easy to work on.
Aug 15, 2010, 10:46 AM
scale microlights
mark675's Avatar
thanks torrance

im gonna wear it out the amount ive been using it lately!
Aug 22, 2010, 04:33 PM
scale microlights
mark675's Avatar
bust my front wheel last week in a crash, it broke all the spokes apart from one!
i noticed it had a small crack in one of the spokes last time i ran it.

im waiting on a set of wheels now but theyre out of stock so dont know how long itll be till i can use it again
Aug 22, 2010, 05:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNEEBOY View Post
bust my front wheel last week in a crash, it broke all the spokes apart from one!
i noticed it had a small crack in one of the spokes last time i ran it.

im waiting on a set of wheels now but theyre out of stock so dont know how long itll be till i can use it again
Yeah we need to get the spares in quick !! I would like a set of those alloy wheel spokes, Formby seem to be out of stock of a lot of the standard parts, but say they are waiting for parts and should be in soon
Aug 26, 2010, 12:24 PM
scale microlights
mark675's Avatar
still waiting for wheels and brake etc from formbys, still not in stock

good job its raining here so im not missing the sb5 too much
Aug 26, 2010, 04:35 PM
I once beat Colin McCabe
Squidlips's Avatar
Hi Guys,

Can I Just point out that the stock problem is not our fault - it is the supplier.
I have placed another order last week as the ones that SHOULD arrive tomorrow are mostly spoken for
Aug 26, 2010, 05:48 PM
Registered User
Torrance's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlips View Post
Hi Guys,

Can I Just point out that the stock problem is not our fault - it is the supplier.
I have placed another order last week as the ones that SHOULD arrive tomorrow are mostly spoken for
probably not your supplier's fault either. the TT factory is in the midst of moving to a brand new facility. until the move is complete production is slow.
Aug 26, 2010, 07:21 PM
Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
probably not your supplier's fault either. the TT factory is in the midst of moving to a brand new facility. until the move is complete production is slow.
Do you know when the move is supposed to be complete? Ace Hobby is using that as one of the (many) excuses for not getting in the SB-5.

Bruce


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log ProJet MQ-9 Build (Tips/Tricks) NewEMan UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 595 Dec 15, 2016 11:56 AM
Discussion I have a Lanier SE5a coming, any tips or tricks............. mtdoramike Scale Kit/Scratch Built 14 Mar 19, 2011 07:17 PM
Question Gravity Hobby P 51 tips and tricks? Lilbanks96 Parkflyers 0 Apr 19, 2010 06:32 PM
New Product Formby Models TT SB-5 Pre-order snooey Motorcycles 12 Mar 02, 2010 12:15 PM
Need your TT/NF Nitro tips and tricks!! grymg Motorcycles 5 Aug 10, 2005 10:52 AM