Jun 18, 2010, 03:18 AM
Why walking when you can fly ?
Thread OP
Discussion

Hobbyking SS Series 18-20A ESC High PWM firmware ?

Hello all,

I build myself a quad using KapteinKuk FlightControl board design and software and I have on it 4 SS 18-20 ESC with 4 FC 28-22 motors and 10x4.5 pros on a 40cm frame.

I fly OK but I am wondering to make it even better. To have it work better, it seems that a way is to flash ESC with High PWM firmware. I already did PWM to I2C conversion of TowerPro so I wonder if there is some High PWM software for these SS 18-20A ESC ?

So if any have done a conversion for stock SS ESC to High PWM ESC, I am interrested !
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2010, 04:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by darek53
Thank-you for the link (sorry for delay).

Yesterday evening I finally had time to try the mod. I opened my SuperSimple 18-20A non programmable ESC and hooked a programming connector on it : 4 wires directly on ATMega and 5V/Gnd from pads on the PCB. It was not so difficult as now I have done many PWM to I2C ESC conversion.

Then I flashed fuses and firmware on ATMega : all was OK, no error

For testing purposes, I connected the modded ESC to my receiver, to a motor of my quad and then powzering it using a 3S lipo. The receiver turned on (BEC is working) but no matter what I do (full throttle or no gas), the ESC stay mute and isn't working.

Does any of you have an idea ? Is this because the software is for programmable SuperSimple ESC only ?

Thank-you for the help !
Aug 17, 2010, 01:56 PM
Thread OP
OK, I will answer to myelf : SuperSimple 18-20A non programmable ESC have the same design as 17A ESC controllers.

Files can be found both for PWM and I2C mode here

I flashed mine just at once and now the ESC works. Differences seems to be both on fuses and software.

The point is that I don't know if this new firmware will change SS18-20A non programmable ESC behaviour on my quad ...

Quick Reply