Thread Tools
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:04 PM
powerlines is offline
Find More Posts by powerlines
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
Any thing for my big buddy!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
Enterprise7 is offline
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
Enterprise7's Avatar
I just ordered one of these today.

Anyone know what the distance is between the firewall and the front of the cowling? My A60-6XS is 75mm long so I am trying to figure out the standoff spacing.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:27 AM
Aeroplayin is online now
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
I just ordered one of these today.

Anyone know what the distance is between the firewall and the front of the cowling? My A60-6XS is 75mm long so I am trying to figure out the standoff spacing.
We were discussing the power system for the 70 on the power thread and I asked the question for you... 1/4 inch was what I was told. You can join the conversation here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...33887&page=152
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:15 PM
jmanopla is offline
Find More Posts by jmanopla
Registered User
i Just Buy the Plane from a Friend i Plan to Install a Hacker A60 6XS WITH 6S 5000MAH AND CASTLE ICE 100 ESC

What you think about this setup
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:32 PM
Enterprise7 is offline
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
Enterprise7's Avatar
My plane shows up tomorrow. I flew the power system on my 71 Slick before it had a structural failure (wing tube end cap). It has gobs of power swinging a 20-21" prop. We'll see how this airframe handles the gyroscopic effects of that big of a prop disk.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:11 AM
powerlines is offline
Find More Posts by powerlines
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
I does great!! I us a 20-8 on mine!!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:27 PM
dards is offline
Find More Posts by dards
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by wshall View Post
You were dead on. Batteries were too far forward. Built a rear deck and mounted the batteries to it. The balance is perfect. Dumb luck. Thanks again.

WSHall
Hi

Would appreciate if share the all up dry weight with this gas setup?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:29 AM
powerlines is offline
Find More Posts by powerlines
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
Well. I decided to run off for the weekend. And go camp at hedges hobbies. I took my favorite planes. 70 extra and Stryker!!! Lol. I Jeff my 60 edge at my buds house or it would have come too!! I flew the poop out of my extra!! I finally bit the bullet and got some full size digi servos in the tail for ele. The hitch were boggin down on hard manuvers. Not any more. It's on rails!!! Ended up going work the spectrum 6010. They have 100oz each.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:40 AM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
Well. I decided to run off for the weekend. And go camp at hedges hobbies. I took my favorite planes. 70 extra and Stryker!!! Lol. I Jeff my 60 edge at my buds house or it would have come too!! I flew the poop out of my extra!! I finally bit the bullet and got some full size digi servos in the tail for ele. The hitch were boggin down on hard manuvers. Not any more. It's on rails!!! Ended up going work the spectrum 6010. They have 100oz each.
tole you to get some good servos..hope the spekkys work out.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:52 AM
Stagger_Wing is offline
Find More Posts by Stagger_Wing
For the Birds
Stagger_Wing's Avatar
Hey guys,

For those of you who are flying the Phoenix 85HV, what settings are you using? My Ice 100 crapped out so I dropped the 85HV in as replacement. The motor is a Hacker A50-14L V2.1. I haven't read about any issues with the 85HV but I wanted to check.

The timer I have setup to record motor on time just rolled through the 110 hr. mark! That puts me through the 1000 flight mark with this airframe. It looks a little ragged out but still flies true. Thanks Extreme Flight for making a tough airframe. It makes the hobby much more affordable when airframes hold up as long as this one has.

Scott
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:05 PM
Enterprise7 is offline
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
Enterprise7's Avatar
I weighted mine the other day. 7lbs 14oz without a battery. That makes my AUW 9.5 lbs on 6s 5300. I also fly it with 4000s.

A buddy of mine wants to do one up with a DLE-20. I am going to attempt to do a simulation of the power with a gas prop and the Spektrum RPM sensor that is installed.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:29 PM
Aeroplayin is online now
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
I weighted mine the other day. 7lbs 14oz without a battery. That makes my AUW 9.5 lbs on 6s 5300. I also fly it with 4000s.
Is that with the A60-6XS?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:50 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger_Wing View Post
Hey guys,

For those of you who are flying the Phoenix 85HV, what settings are you using? My Ice 100 crapped out so I dropped the 85HV in as replacement. The motor is a Hacker A50-14L V2.1. I haven't read about any issues with the 85HV but I wanted to check.

The timer I have setup to record motor on time just rolled through the 110 hr. mark! That puts me through the 1000 flight mark with this airframe. It looks a little ragged out but still flies true. Thanks Extreme Flight for making a tough airframe. It makes the hobby much more affordable when airframes hold up as long as this one has.

Scott
I've been using an hv 85 in my 71 slick for a while..no problems with it yet
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:35 AM
Stagger_Wing is offline
Find More Posts by Stagger_Wing
For the Birds
Stagger_Wing's Avatar
Thanks Manta. I flew it this afternoon and it seems to run well.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:07 PM
jmanopla is offline
Find More Posts by jmanopla
Registered User
i Have the Plane my setup is : Hacker A60 6XS- CASTLE ICE 100 HITEC 225MG ON ELEVATOR, HITEC 5585 ON AILERONS, HITEC 5645 ON RUDDER

Zippy 5000mah 25c and Zippy compact 5800mah 25c

awesome performance
im Using a Xoar 20x10 AND IM GETTING oUT A 7 MINUTES FLIGHT OF THE 5000 MAH BATTERY AND 8 minute Flight for the 5800mah battery and i think i can get a 1 of each battery more

im so happy with the Plane


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT 48" Extra 300 EXP. VIDEO ADDED! hemituda 3D Flying 9926 Yesterday 04:30 PM
Discussion Extreme Flight RC 48" Extra 300 EXP Build mxcop 3D Flying 404 Apr 14, 2015 09:07 PM
Discussion Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP!?!?!? Safety Hawk 3D Flying 104 Sep 10, 2012 12:33 PM
Sold NEW IN BOX Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP ARF 48" red - will ship xraydoc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jan 16, 2010 09:55 PM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 03:48 PM