Thread Tools
Jun 18, 2010, 10:44 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
the 7955's draw a lot more current, and if you are using a bec i would use the 7985's, as they are more than enough. but if you are using a separate rx pack, then the 7955's would be the better choice because of the titanium gears
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2010, 11:08 AM
12th Man
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
the 7955's draw a lot more current, and if you are using a bec i would use the 7985's, as they are more than enough. but if you are using a separate rx pack, then the 7955's would be the better choice because of the titanium gears
Yeah, a plane this size, I'm not using any speedo's BEC. I go opto with a BEC powered by a second lipo pack

I've got 5 7955tg's in my EG Aircraft 50cc and the whole system uses about 2 amps with all the surfaces at full max throws. I did measure current draw for each servo when setting up the throws, to keep binding out of the equation.

If binding occurs, I do see serious amp draw, but I removed deflection binding by adjusting the deflection end points.

Running everything off of one CC Bec Pro powered by a 2s 2200mAh pack.

Just seems, to me, that for $10 more, the 7955tg's with 333oz of torque at 6v is a goto choice. I know they are ALOT more than needed, but having more torque than necessary is not a bad thing.
Jun 18, 2010, 11:11 AM
Just "hanging" Around
3D-Dabbler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
I have a buddy who has the slick 70 and its a beautiful machine, but this new one from EF at its price point was a no brainer and I ordered one asap.
No doubt. I have 2 70" Slicks and a 72" Extra 330 SC pre-ordered. If I blow the Extra apart, I would not hesitate to order one of these as a replacement extra.
Jun 18, 2010, 11:23 AM
12th Man
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler
No doubt. I have 2 70" Slicks and a 72" Extra 330 SC pre-ordered. If I blow the Extra apart, I would not hesitate to order one of these as a replacement extra.
hmm, I have a feeling this EF ship is going to sell out rather quickly.
Jun 18, 2010, 01:59 PM
Just "hanging" Around
3D-Dabbler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
hmm, I have a feeling this EF ship is going to sell out rather quickly.
I hope so! That will encourage Chris to make more
Jun 18, 2010, 02:25 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler
Herc and word on where the 70" Edge is in the pipeline and when it might be coming out?

-Mike
Mike,

I have no intel on that but will look in to it.
Jun 18, 2010, 02:28 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
Yeah, a plane this size, I'm not using any speedo's BEC. I go opto with a BEC powered by a second lipo pack

I've got 5 7955tg's in my EG Aircraft 50cc and the whole system uses about 2 amps with all the surfaces at full max throws. I did measure current draw for each servo when setting up the throws, to keep binding out of the equation.

If binding occurs, I do see serious amp draw, but I removed deflection binding by adjusting the deflection end points.

Running everything off of one CC Bec Pro powered by a 2s 2200mAh pack.

Just seems, to me, that for $10 more, the 7955tg's with 333oz of torque at 6v is a goto choice. I know they are ALOT more than needed, but having more torque than necessary is not a bad thing.
you could also use a cc bec pro wired through the esc so that you do not have a seperate rx pack, therefore only needing to charge one pack to fly. i mean its a personal choice and im sure the plane will carry the weight just fine
Jun 18, 2010, 03:00 PM
12th Man
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
you could also use a cc bec pro wired through the esc so that you do not have a seperate rx pack, therefore only needing to charge one pack to fly. i mean its a personal choice and im sure the plane will carry the weight just fine
I like to have the battery redundancy. When I do use a separate lipo pack, the 2s 1600 or 2s 2200 weight is really insignificant to a 26 to 30% plane.

And when I fly, I'm charging more than one pack. LOL

I usually charge up about 10 to 20 batteries to fly several different sized planes. Flying days are so few are far between around here that I tend to get it all done in a day and then have to wait another week or so before flying.

I have 4 2s packs that are dedicated for powering the electronics in my larger planes and each one will last a flying day.
Jun 18, 2010, 06:15 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Update #2 added to first post. Aileron hinges, pushrods, pull/pull pics included.
Jun 18, 2010, 08:31 PM
Just "hanging" Around
3D-Dabbler's Avatar
Herc, Thanks for doing the build thread! Build threads with lots of pictures and then flight videos are really helpful.

A build video would be awesome too.

I can't wait to see your flight videos with this one.
Jun 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar

Update


Build log updated. Fuse is ready to fly minus decals.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler
Herc, Thanks for doing the build thread! Build threads with lots of pictures and then flight videos are really helpful.

A build video would be awesome too.

I can't wait to see your flight videos with this one.
It is my pleasure! I love doing this stuff!
Jun 19, 2010, 07:01 PM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
sun.flyer's Avatar
Chris,

The Extra is looking great!! I really like how you are updating your first post with the build thread pictures. This will surely cut down on some people searching through hundreds of pages looking for photo illustrated references.

I really think the Extra will fly great and have plenty of power on a solid 6s setup if the AUW comes in at 9.5 lbs. or less. Might even be doable at 10 lbs. just with a little less pull out authority in hovers.

Nice work, I look forward to hearing your in-flight reports.

Tim
Jun 19, 2010, 08:53 PM
Just "hanging" Around
3D-Dabbler's Avatar
Chris,

Are dual elevator servos optional or required?

-Mike
Jun 19, 2010, 09:40 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler
Chris,

Are dual elevator servos optional or required?

-Mike
Required. Holes come pre-cut and there is no joiner on the elevator.
Jun 19, 2010, 09:41 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
For those who don't follow @thercmafia on twitter. I'll get better pics tomorrow.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT 48" Extra 300 EXP. VIDEO ADDED! hemituda 3D Flying 10085 Jun 15, 2017 04:21 PM
Discussion Extreme Flight RC 48" Extra 300 EXP Build mxcop 3D Flying 404 Apr 14, 2015 08:07 PM
Discussion Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP!?!?!? Safety Hawk 3D Flying 104 Sep 10, 2012 11:33 AM
Sold NEW IN BOX Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP ARF 48" red - will ship xraydoc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jan 16, 2010 08:55 PM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM