Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 18, 2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellington53
O.o guess i have to eat my words then
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2010, 10:44 PM
Luvin' Life
This A-10 cracks me up. In that pic it's still a single seater. No purchase here.
Jun 21, 2010, 12:03 AM
Gravity Fighter
If anybody who owns this plane could please comment on it's quality and performance, that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Jun 21, 2010, 04:12 AM
Found a pic of the only surviving 2-seater

A little paint and the model will look almost scale!
Looks like they got the canopy just about right.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...10/walk369.htm

Jim
Last edited by jimjim06; Jun 21, 2010 at 04:19 AM.
Jun 21, 2010, 05:48 AM
Ldm
Ldm
I will be ordering one today , I remember my junkey GWS A10 . Being a fule warbird guy , I could not belive how nice the A10 flew based on the cost and total ease of building the plane . So this one could only be a step up
Jun 26, 2010, 06:25 AM
Ldm
Ldm
I just pulled the trigger today , I will let you know when it arrives . One post on the HK webs reports good parts fit ect , but soft foam . So its must not be epo , I dont like when they dont tell you the type of foam . I simply hated the GWS A10 foam , if you looked at it the wrong way it dented !!!

I hopeing for two thing , 1) that I can remove the fan blades and balance them , i am sure they wont be balanced , 2) the foam with hold retracts (if the plane is worth it ) I will add some ply supports and put in the tri gear servoless retracts .
They are working great in my Airfield P40 .
Jun 26, 2010, 12:57 PM
Glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
I simply hated the GWS A10 foam , if you looked at it the wrong way it dented !!!
Ageed, Also, I believe it was the most fradgile too.
Jun 26, 2010, 01:53 PM
Ldm
Ldm
wellington , do you know what type of foam is on this new one from Hobby King
Jun 26, 2010, 04:43 PM
Glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
wellington , do you know what type of foam is on this new one from Hobby King
Sorry Ldm I don't but I sure someone will be able to help.
Jun 27, 2010, 09:02 AM
how is the stall rate with the a 10 i have navy T-28 witch is my first plane and it flys great with low stall rate and i like the A-10, may just have to add this to the list of things to get.
Jun 27, 2010, 11:03 AM
Ldm
Ldm
The A10 is one of the best plane I have even flown and I expect this one to be the same . I flew the GWS A10 before I ever had much stick time on any warbird and it flew like a trainer .
I assume this one will rock with speed and the wing will allow slow speed flight with a very very gentle stall . Also I am making assumptions on the wing loading being very good , I will tell you when its ready to maiden
Jun 28, 2010, 06:46 PM
Well, I got one. Seems like a pretty nice kit. Came packaged very well and went together quickly. All electronics worked right out of the box.

Only things I didnt like was that the esc didnt come with a deans connector, and the finish was very easily scratched.

I also didnt like the invasion stripes so with a bit of old paint I had laying around I changed it up a bit to look like this:

Word of caution - even with a light coat of WBP, the Tamaya paints I had managed to eat into the foam as it is a very soft style of foam so be careful to really seal it up well if you want to repaint.
Jun 28, 2010, 08:02 PM
Ldm
Ldm
nice job , can you explane the struts ?? are they functional ?
Jul 01, 2010, 05:15 AM
I am considering this plane too.

I am curious of the electronics. I wonder how the quality is.
Jul 01, 2010, 06:36 PM
Ldm
Ldm
No word on mine yet , I know they sent me an email on "its been picked ect " but no shipping yet