New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:59 PM
skinnydoc is offline
Find More Posts by skinnydoc
Registered User

billO bags..


those are filled with sand I think.

thx for the info.

I'm going to start on a whole wing today if I get a chance w kid care.

Ben
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:29 PM
Thepasty is offline
Find More Posts by Thepasty
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
We just had a cracking afternoon with our Sallys, wind average 5mph, you needed to work the lift a bit more but a lot of fun was had, Garys even got attacked by what I'm sure was a peregrine falcon. Glorious blue skies, baking sun, clear blue sea... it doesn't get much better
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hexosex is offline
Find More Posts by Hexosex
Registered User
Hexosex's Avatar
What a cracking afternoon. So much lift in 7mph wind!

That bird was busting my balls man! Would have had me if i stayed still, luckily sallys much more agile
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:29 PM
Zenmaniac is offline
Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Building with TLAR precision
Zenmaniac's Avatar
"Cracking" .... I thought only Wallace said that!

I'm going to have to try to use it in my slope talk from now on.

Thinking about joining the build group, but I've never bagged or lost foam (except to a tree). Might be fun to try or substitute NS for FG.

-= Dave
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:45 PM
Thepasty is offline
Find More Posts by Thepasty
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
Hey Dave

Do you mean substitute FG for NS?

NS will work fine, I presume you'd go epp cores? EPS or blue foam types get beat up quick, maybe a wood LE would help that.

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:57 PM
Zenmaniac is offline
Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Building with TLAR precision
Zenmaniac's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty View Post
Hey Dave

Do you mean substitute FG for NS?

NS will work fine, I presume you'd go epp cores? EPS or blue foam types get beat up quick, maybe a wood LE would help that.

Steve
Yeah, good point about the EPP, Steve. Thanks. Maybe I could get Adam (wyowindworks) to cut me 3 or 4 wings out of EPP (I'm sure once I fly a Sally, I can easily get several others to make one -- that's what happened with Alulas last fall -- now we have 8 in our "flock").

Adam, can you PM me if you would do this, and how much you'd charge? Thanks!

-= Dave
Old Jun 26, 2010, 04:00 PM
johannlochner is offline
Find More Posts by johannlochner
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
"Cracking" ....
The sound a fuz makes when "trying" to get it out!
Well let's get cracking!
Lot's of wayward kids in the making here Steve!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 04:00 PM
wyowindworks is offline
Find More Posts by wyowindworks
Just fly it!
wyowindworks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac View Post
Yeah, good point about the EPP, Steve. Thanks. Maybe I could get Adam (wyowindworks) to cut me 3 or 4 wings out of EPP (I'm sure once I fly a Sally, I can easily get several others to make one -- that's what happened with Alulas last fall -- now we have 8 in our "flock").

Adam, can you PM me if you would do this, and how much you'd charge? Thanks!

-= Dave
Ummmmm....maybe. Wouldn't that be a breach of rule #1?

I'll have to get some EPP. I went on cutting rampage and cut all the foam I had for kits.

Adam
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:42 PM
Zenmaniac is offline
Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Building with TLAR precision
Zenmaniac's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowindworks View Post
Ummmmm....maybe. Wouldn't that be a breach of rule #1?

I'll have to get some EPP. I went on cutting rampage and cut all the foam I had for kits.

Adam
I don't know, these seem like decent sorts of lads. I think rule #1 is to keep that damn Jack Cooper from stealing the design and making a gazillion dollars.

And from posting #21, asking someone to cut cores for you seems ok. I'm sure Steve doesn't expect someone who wants to build to have to go out and buy a hotwire rig or a CNC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty View Post
Sleedo has offered cnc cores too AND hes in the same country as you


this thread is going international! me likes!
By the way, I don't think I'll make the Sally-in in Hermanus this year.
Last edited by Zenmaniac; Jun 26, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:39 AM
johannlochner is offline
Find More Posts by johannlochner
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac View Post
I don't know, these seem like decent sorts of lads. I think rule #1 is to keep that damn Jack Cooper from stealing the design and making a gazillion dollars.

And from posting #21, asking someone to cut cores for you seems ok. I'm sure Steve doesn't expect someone who wants to build to have to go out and buy a hotwire rig or a CNC.
Go for it!
We were just using reverse psychology....
Tell someone they cant...
And they'll all join in!

The more the merrier!

By the way, I don't think I'll make the Sally-in in Hermanus this year.
Pity about that!
There's always next year!

Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:20 AM
Thepasty is offline
Find More Posts by Thepasty
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
Cutting a few wing cores isnt like kitting the complete kit.... crack on!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:42 AM
johannlochner is offline
Find More Posts by johannlochner
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
She's out the bag!
Due to the loss of vacuum after an hour...
She's not that bad and can be cleaned up.
With a bit of work!

At least I can use the wing as a template to seat the wing in the plug.
She's strong!
but...
A tad heavy at 207g
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:56 AM
Thepasty is offline
Find More Posts by Thepasty
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
Cool Joan!, 207g aint that heavy, with pod, fin and radio gear you're prolly looking at a little over 300g AUW (depending on your layup and radio gear). I'd make your tail layup as light as possible, thats the killer.

If it was a Sally I would say that at that weight it'll still take light winds but you gotta keep it moving, dont try and float it....

Oh and remember your wings are stretched so the weight will be carried better...

One thing, PW1211 is designed for a bottom hinged elevon, I should have said
Old Jun 27, 2010, 04:00 AM
johannlochner is offline
Find More Posts by johannlochner
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty View Post
Cool Joan!, 207g aint that heavy, with pod, fin and radio gear you're prolly looking at a little over 300g AUW (depending on your layup and radio gear). I'd make your tail layup as light as possible, thats the killer.

If it was a Sally I would say that at that weight it'll still take light winds but you gotta keep it moving, dont try and float it....

Oh and remember your wings are stretched so the weight will be carried better...

One thing, PW1211 is designed for a bottom hinged elevon, I should have said
Great!!
Never mind..
It's a test one!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 05:07 AM
Thepasty is offline
Find More Posts by Thepasty
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
Having said that, my proto was top hinged and was ace... could have been acer tho


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold NIB Sapac T-45 V1 Composit with Air Sally ducts mickydee Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 7 Dec 11, 2009 06:57 PM
Sold Phase 3 F-16 w/ Air Sally fiberglass NIB mflander Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Nov 27, 2009 03:21 PM
Sold Used eFlite BAe Hawk with Air Sally ducting - Dismantled $100 shipped MJB9 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Nov 03, 2009 09:36 PM
Wanted Air Sally Ducts for BAe Hawk jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Oct 23, 2009 09:05 PM
Sold Used eFlite BAe Hawk with Air Sally ducting - Dismantled MJB9 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Oct 23, 2009 10:13 AM