Thread Tools
Jun 30, 2010, 06:34 AM
Registered User
Hexosex's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajroahkni
That's what I'm saying. Who's the designer of this thing anyway?
Peter Wicks!

/me runs away from an angry pasty ranting about an alula!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2010, 07:20 AM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
Like I said, I'm not bothered, angry or emotive in any way but it is kind of insulting when you've put a lot of time and effort into something for it to be labeled as a simple copy based purely on it looking similar but in fact has quite different flying characteristics and performance.

Now I need to go back and sprinkle smileys around my post so you guys dont think I'm being stroppy
Jun 30, 2010, 08:39 AM
Registered User
Hexosex's Avatar
Its a forward swept sal, alula was problably not the first.

If sally is going production... Let the punters make their mind up!
Jun 30, 2010, 08:47 AM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
Or... just build one
Jun 30, 2010, 08:58 AM
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexosex
Its a forward swept sal, alula was problably not the first.

If sally is going production... Let the punters make their mind up!
Never fear
I'll get back on track!
Jun 30, 2010, 11:13 AM
Registered User

whoa.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty
Form over function

Isnt that a female trait?

We dont need girly curves! Sally is a mans plane for real men! GRRRRR! (thats me being a real man).
(*DELETE* statement - no need for things to be misconstrued... all is good, it was meant to be a joke anyway)


I played around with the alula type tips for fun, and its so neat (to me) how the 'lula looks like a bird of prey on the wing. But, now looking at my whole wing, its pretty ugly in its half realized form. no biggie.

bummer that i tried to 'post cure' my wing yesterday with a electric blanket, and the red enamel paint got little bubbles in it. that'll teach me to rush the process. Funny thing is, the cheapie krylon paint did fine.

Tonight I'll play with the fuse some.

BTW, thanks to The Pasty for posting his plan for this fun stuff, and no offense for making it 'girly'!

Ben
Last edited by skinnydoc; Jun 30, 2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: take out stupid comment!
Jun 30, 2010, 01:37 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty
Like I said, I'm not bothered, angry or emotive in any way but it is kind of insulting when you've put a lot of time and effort into something for it to be labeled as a simple copy based purely on it looking similar but in fact has quite different flying characteristics and performance.

Now I need to go back and sprinkle smileys around my post so you guys dont think I'm being stroppy
I'm where you'r at Pasty!
Jun 30, 2010, 03:40 PM
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse
I'm where you'r at Pasty!
Don't sit there all disapointed!!!
Then build us one Sean!
Jul 01, 2010, 12:48 PM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
Finally!

Updated plans

Joan,can you replace the one on the first post with this?

For anyone who's been referencing the old plan I didnt update the span from my very first prototype so its 40" on that plan, this one is the proper 32".
Jul 01, 2010, 02:30 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
I hope the professionals among us dont get confused which direction she flies!!
Jul 01, 2010, 02:39 PM
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
Well done Steve!
I was getting worried there for a moment....
I'm busy reshaping the fuz at the moment and was just wondering about the tail!
I wondered how the wing got longer...

Thanks!

So when are you off?
I suppose we'll manage without you for a while...
Jul 01, 2010, 02:51 PM
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
What!!
Oh...
Rudder
Jul 01, 2010, 03:53 PM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Thepasty's Avatar
Balls... I forgot to do a one piece fuz version.


Headed out this weekend, the winds looking like it going to be on

I'll be around still, the wife will take her laptop

Expect videos of me carving up some welsh shizzle
Jul 01, 2010, 08:30 PM
Building with TLAR precision
Zenmaniac's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty
Balls... I forgot to do a one piece fuz version.


Headed out this weekend, the winds looking like it going to be on

I'll be around still, the wife will take her laptop

Expect videos of me carving up some welsh shizzle
Here in the states, we prefer our welsh shizzle shredded.

Send vids!

-= Dave
Jul 02, 2010, 06:25 AM
Registered User
Hexosex's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse
I hope the professionals among us dont get confused which direction she flies!!
Funny you should say that. I launched mine upside down and toasted the stab i had on at the time! A horse did not like the look of it and put me off while it was bucking and stuff!

Made a new one and moved it forwards to keep it stronger. Pasty was looking at me disappointingly though!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold NIB Sapac T-45 V1 Composit with Air Sally ducts mickydee Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 7 Dec 11, 2009 05:57 PM
Sold Phase 3 F-16 w/ Air Sally fiberglass NIB mflander Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Nov 27, 2009 02:21 PM
Sold Used eFlite BAe Hawk with Air Sally ducting - Dismantled $100 shipped MJB9 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Nov 03, 2009 08:36 PM
Wanted Air Sally Ducts for BAe Hawk jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Oct 23, 2009 08:05 PM
Sold Used eFlite BAe Hawk with Air Sally ducting - Dismantled MJB9 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Oct 23, 2009 09:13 AM