MultiWiiCopter (previously TriWiiCopter) - Page 924 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 01, 2011, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Hi all, i need some help.

Does anyone knows the forward direction of the HMC5883L??

I have this board, but im not sure the right orientation.

Thanks

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2011, 01:24 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
jhsa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool
Hey Guys,

Does the software support this configuration of a Y4 with the rear motors stacked?
Attachment 3983034
that looks niiiiiccceeee..
May 01, 2011, 01:25 PM
Registered User
Multiwii fun flying hehe, im not the best pilot but itīs going the right direction

Multiwii 1mai (2 min 22 sec)
May 01, 2011, 01:25 PM
Registered User
Flyingfool's Avatar
Thanks
May 01, 2011, 03:20 PM
Registered User
some onboard footage shot with the mwc mini hexa with flyduino + ff imu.

mwc mini hexa - flyduino + ff imu onboard (2 min 22 sec)
May 01, 2011, 03:25 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
daign's Avatar
I am running a new RTF Paris 3 Multiwiicopter board and using a Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter, I cannot get it to arm or respond to any throttle inputs. I have tried to reverse the throttle and upped the subtrim 100 with no luck. Stock endpoints are at 150% and cannot go higher on throttle.

Any help?
May 01, 2011, 03:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosepo
Hi all, i need some help.

Does anyone knows the forward direction of the HMC5883L??

I have this board, but im not sure the right orientation.

Thanks

The 4 connection holes is front.
May 01, 2011, 03:37 PM
Fly, Crash, Learn, Fly
AdrenaCo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign
I am running a new RTF Paris 3 Multiwiicopter board and using a Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter, I cannot get it to arm or respond to any throttle inputs. I have tried to reverse the throttle and upped the subtrim 100 with no luck. Stock endpoints are at 150% and cannot go higher on throttle.

Any help?
Where does the Gui show that you are with your throttle?
May 01, 2011, 03:46 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeesvR
The 4 connection holes is front.
Many Thanks KeesvR.
May 01, 2011, 03:49 PM
MultiWiiHead
Centurian's Avatar
I could be wrong, but I think 1.7 final is the first release using the new IMU code http://wbb.multiwii.com/viewtopic.ph...8&hilit=vector I was setting up a Mega yesterday and noticed some interesting results. Even if not the case, remember that any horizontal acceleration (result of a tilted copter) results in the net acceleration vector not pointing straight down. The old IMU uses only the net accel vector for correction. The new IMU somehow integrates the gyro & accel data to come up with a vector (I think) I have not flown the new IMU yet, but I think it's a good thing. Anyway, I'm guessing the change you are sensing is a result of the new IMU.

When you refer to "heading hold" I think you are talking about gyro only. Once again, the IMU is processing sensor data differently.

From what I understand, the bottom line is there is a significant change in 1.7 final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000
Okay, i have a problem with my Hexa X Copter.

I have built a Hexa X Copter:
more details in this post:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13596

a video i made earlier:
http://vimeo.com/22883244


The problem is, that the Copter flies in head holding mode, like in a slow leveling mode.
That means i give pitch forward and it flies forward, but slowly changes back to level.
Thats not head hold flying any more, and i don't know whats the problem here.

Flying in the ACC mode, works as expected. If i release sticks, it does immediately level.

I had this wii board before in my Quadro Copter in X mode and it flew in head holding mode completely as it should.

The only thing i changed is:
1. use it on my Hexa X Copter
2. add the BMP095 with a Level Converter
3. changed code from 1.7pre to 1.7 final

So what can i do?
May 01, 2011, 03:52 PM
MultiWiiHead
Centurian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J
And the winner is Centurian !
When should I expect the arrivial of the Really BIG prize???

Just kidding, Glad you figured it out... enjoy!!!
May 01, 2011, 04:09 PM
Flying like an Angel.
BlueAngel2000's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian
I could be wrong, but I think 1.7 final is the first release using the new IMU code http://wbb.multiwii.com/viewtopic.ph...8&hilit=vector I was setting up a Mega yesterday and noticed some interesting results. Even if not the case, remember that any horizontal acceleration (result of a tilted copter) results in the net acceleration vector not pointing straight down. The old IMU uses only the net accel vector for correction. The new IMU somehow integrates the gyro & accel data to come up with a vector (I think) I have not flown the new IMU yet, but I think it's a good thing. Anyway, I'm guessing the change you are sensing is a result of the new IMU.

When you refer to "heading hold" I think you are talking about gyro only. Once again, the IMU is processing sensor data differently.

From what I understand, the bottom line is there is a significant change in 1.7 final.
No, i think this is just for ACC (level) mode, which does work very good.

In "head holding" (gyro only) mode, the accel data should not be used and the copter should stay at his present angle. (position)
May 01, 2011, 04:55 PM
Registered User
Hello ppl, i am flying my tricopter fine without nk, when i plug the nk, the tricopter stay unstable, with the nk turned off, the same with nk turned on, what i can do to solve this problem? please help me
May 01, 2011, 05:28 PM
manuLRK
Hello warthox,

You tried sooo many boards, which board is yous favorite one? ... Choose only 1!

manuLRK
PS: Nice video!

I see you have nice mountains not so far. Do you never go for RC-soaring or dynamic soaring?


Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
some onboard footage shot with the mwc mini hexa with flyduino + ff imu.

http://vimeo.com/23119446
May 01, 2011, 06:14 PM
Registered User
TheQuadLaser's Avatar
I am using an arduino 2560 mega with an aeroquad 2.0 shield and wii sensors running on multiwii 1.7 flight software. I have flown my quad before on aeroquad sorfware, but i have heard multiwii software is better with wii sensors so i am giving it a try. This video shows how my flights have gone so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTpwPrI-HUE

In this video i am flying on level mode. I have gotten a few longer flights than this, but nothing longer than 15 seconds, when I get the quad off of the ground it just sort of drifts around, it is not twichy, but it is not stable. when I give the quad full throttle it just bounces around in the air and doesnt get any higher than a few feet off the ground. Any suggestions?