Thread Tools
Mar 24, 2012, 03:13 AM
12th Man
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Anyone generate the necessary code for a Paris v4 board and a hexacopter?

I'm new to Multiwii, and have just been using the ver 1.9 hexa code (non ppm sum) from multiwiicopter.com which is essentially a pnp solution with some minor config.h tweaking for the end user.

I'd love to try out preversion 4, but can't seem to get past some compile errors

thanks
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2012, 03:36 AM
Suspended Account
Use arduino 1.0 for 2.0pre4.
Mar 24, 2012, 05:36 AM
MultiwiiQuadroHolic
With the hand on the heart, how many of us playing with multirotor have not fly dangerous near people , buildings or cars ?
With dangerous near i mean in range with your full charged battery, i fly in outside my house at a football field and if i would drop control or anything goes wrong with the radio it will travel far away on full throttle with a fly time off 12-18 min.
I don't say dramida is doing right that fly over highways etc but i think allot of us doing theoretically the same thing when we fly dangerous near ( in flytime range) of people, houses or cars.
And sure i have fail safe activated AND TESTED but that can also fail .....

So please stop this arguing and start talk about multiwii that we all love ....

And fly so safe and responsible you can and TEST failsafe .....

//Tazz
Mar 24, 2012, 06:32 AM
X-Ikarus
Reflex1's Avatar
Big difference is.
We acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them.

Responsible flyers Do Not repeatably put the general public at risk

When your model flying activities have been eroded
by Rules ,Regulations and Laws
Remember Dramida for one of those responsible for the changes.
Mar 24, 2012, 06:33 AM
12th Man
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
Use arduino 1.0 for 2.0pre4.
I tried that actually.

Just wondered if there are changes I have to make to the pre4 in order for it to work properly, other than making changes to the config.h to get it to verify/compile properly.

here's what I'm seeing when I load the .pde and hit verify
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Mar 24, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Mar 24, 2012, 06:48 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
jhsa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy
With the hand on the heart, how many of us playing with multirotor have not fly dangerous near people , buildings or cars ?
With dangerous near i mean in range with your full charged battery, i fly in outside my house at a football field and if i would drop control or anything goes wrong with the radio it will travel far away on full throttle with a fly time off 12-18 min.
I don't say dramida is doing right that fly over highways etc but i think allot of us doing theoretically the same thing when we fly dangerous near ( in flytime range) of people, houses or cars.
And sure i have fail safe activated AND TESTED but that can also fail .....

So please stop this arguing and start talk about multiwii that we all love ....

And fly so safe and responsible you can and TEST failsafe .....

//Tazz
exactly.. things can go wrong, that's why we have to be carefull..
It's amazing how people forget the basic RC safety rules. I guess many of us never heard of it..
Clubs normally have their own airfield so we don't have to go and fly in parks where children play for example.. we shouldn't fly in places with people and property and that's a fact.
I'm not against FPV but the fact is that is getting out of control, people are flying too high sometimes and it's just a matter of time till it interferes with real aircraft for example.. there's no way an aircraft can see a model so small and there's the danger of collision with very bad results..
Also most of the people are not insured. I don't think that the club insurance covers damage caused in a FPV flight
Mar 24, 2012, 07:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt
Enough with the negativity! carry on.
+1

Create a 'Safety thread', because this is not the place to express your concerns, whether they're valid or not.
Mar 24, 2012, 07:05 AM
Suspended Account
No kidding, last 2 pages have nothing to do with multiwii
Mar 24, 2012, 07:16 AM
Hamburger
hamburger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr
I know I know..

Here's some good news.. I'm busy programming a program (obviously) for auto generating the config.h file.. For like new people in multiwii that don't like code so much. So they can just change the config values in a program and it would give you the necessary config.h file

What do you think? Good plan?
you might contact PatrikE over at the multiwii.com forum. Not long ago he was busy updating the old configurator. I think you will have to introduce an automation step, where the configurator grabs the options and choices from the config.h. If you are up to it, make a suggestion how the neccessary info should be put into the cpp comments in the default config.h.
Mar 24, 2012, 07:48 AM
Registered User
Didn't knew there was a web config maker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
Yeah, that would be usefull.. I don't really like going through the code commenting and uncommenting.. I think it's about this you're talking about?
Yes for people who don't like to be in the code

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger
you might contact PatrikE over at the multiwii.com forum. Not long ago he was busy updating the old configurator. I think you will have to introduce an automation step, where the configurator grabs the options and choices from the config.h. If you are up to it, make a suggestion how the neccessary info should be put into the cpp comments in the default config.h.
Like I said above, didn't knew there was a web config.h maker So I don't know if I should make a program for it.. Or it should have extra options..

You guys can also request other programs.. Pm me
Mar 24, 2012, 08:20 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr
Like I said above, didn't knew there was a web config.h maker So I don't know if I should make a program for it.. Or it should have extra options..

You guys can also request other programs.. Pm me
Don't let that stop you! Different people understand things differently. Some may understand the current web based configurator fine, while others may be confused by it.
If you like creating, create!
Mar 24, 2012, 08:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytimer
Don't let that stop you! Different people understand things differently. Some may understand the current web based configurator fine, while others may be confused by it.
If you like creating, create!
Alright then Still got some work to do for high school. Developing two games right now.. So might start tonight
Mar 24, 2012, 08:36 AM
X-Ikarus
Reflex1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflez
+1

Create a 'Safety thread', because this is not the place to express your concerns, whether they're valid or not.
Respectfully. while Dramida is posting unsafe videos here
This is exactly the place to post concerns.

I would welcome him not to ...... but he doesn't listen
Mar 24, 2012, 08:57 AM
An ordinary sort of incredible
mr.incredible's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex1
Big difference is.
We acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them.

Responsible flyers Do Not repeatably put the general public at risk

When your model flying activities have been eroded
by Rules ,Regulations and Laws
Remember Dramida for one of those responsible for the changes.
I agree. It may be not-illegal in Romania, but the videos go all over the world. When they do start trying to outlaw it, anywhere, his will be some of the first they use as evidence.

He would be much better off using a powered glider or something with some glide slope. Not something that will "fall" out of the sky.
Mar 24, 2012, 09:01 AM
Quad lover.
chaosdestro0's Avatar
So what proportional value for level do you guys have? I have just put it up to 14 as even 10 was not stable :O. 14 might make it wobble but it's better than very slow wobbles.