Mar 22, 2012, 03:58 AM
Hi all,
I tried on my friends DJI woo kong M controller , and it's much much stable than my multiwii. Just curious how they do it , and really want to get into it and make my multiwii stable as DJI. :-) I think it just the software, or maybe more precise controller hardware ? Anyone of you have technical info regarding wookong controller? Hope multiwii will be as stable as wookong one day, maybe version 3 ?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2012, 04:09 AM
Suspended Account
I will make your multiwii as stable as DJI for $1030.

DJI "technical info" -> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1510587
Mar 22, 2012, 04:10 AM
disenfranchised...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru168
Hi all,
I tried on my friends DJI woo kong M controller , and it's much much stable than my multiwii. Just curious how they do it , and really want to get into it and make my multiwii stable as DJI. :-) I think it just the software, or maybe more precise controller hardware ? Anyone of you have technical info regarding wookong controller? Hope multiwii will be as stable as wookong one day, maybe version 3 ?
maybe its a setup or other problem. I dont find the wookong or naza any smoother than the PARIS board using the multiwii code.. I actually find the PARIS board to be better for hacking around. the only reason I use DJI equipment is for its extra features.

Whats the setup / equipment you are using on your multiwii?
Mar 22, 2012, 04:11 AM
disenfranchised...
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
I will make your multiwii as stable as DJI for $1030.

DJI "technical info" -> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1510587
that too!
Mar 22, 2012, 05:30 AM
Urban Aerial Photography
FPV at altitude 2100m over the Carpathians mountains from mwc quad. Anyone flew higher than that with a multicopter?
Flight 2
Zbor FPV la cabana Miorita 2000m (4 min 39 sec)
Mar 22, 2012, 05:32 AM
Hi,

Yes, Its expensive, and Multiwii are low cost and its good for my "itchy hand" to tweak around.
I'm currently flying a tricopter using DT750, with homebrew PCB, and another Paris board in my quadcopter for AV with RCtimer. yes, its very stable for flying around , AV results also shows promising. I found some video clips of WooKong doing AV and its too stable to believe.
(for your info, WooKong in Chinese means monkey god, and Naza also a fairy tale's character)
Mar 22, 2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramida
FPV at altitude 2100m over the Carpathians mountains from mwc quad. Anyone flew higher than that with a multicopter?
Flight 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cis4jfF_w1U
What are you using for all the OSD information? That's really neat having all that info on the screen.
Mar 22, 2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:

I flew at over 2400m last year with one multiwii quad at Moncenisio, France (starting point was 2100m), this is just one of the "watchable" recorded video of that day:
Moncenisio - 17 Aprile 2011 (8 min 49 sec)

Anyway i Usually fly high, a few days ago I flew at over 2500m at Bardonecchia (TO- italy) with a small hexa i carried skying, and this summer I plan to fly at Monviso, stating point at 3800m.
Last edited by jhoexp; Mar 22, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Mar 22, 2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuadLaser
Very cool! Did you have the servos on opposite arms, or both on the same side of the quad?

I will have to give that a try. Do you tilt two motors on opposite sides of the quad, or do you tilt one CW motor and one CCW motor?
I rotate all motors, if the prop turns clockwise rotate the motor clockwise, if the prop turns counterclockwise rotate the motor counterclockwise. If you get it reversed then yaw doesn't work. I set yaw gain at .60. I have seen a configeration with "V" tail where only two motors are rotated. Yaw control is more crisp with the motors set at an angle. There may be a formula or serious science to it but I find it fun to play with.

Ed
Mar 22, 2012, 10:06 AM
Servos where mounted under.. as direct drive ..

I think that is what you are asking.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuadLaser
Very cool! Did you have the servos on opposite arms, or both on the same side of the quad?

I will have to give that a try. Do you tilt two motors on opposite sides of the quad, or do you tilt one CW motor and one CCW motor?
Mar 22, 2012, 10:08 AM
Urban Aerial Photography
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoexp
I flew at over 2400m last year with one multiwii quad at Moncenisio, France (starting point was 2100m), this is just one of the "watchable" recorded video of that day:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Bum...1&feature=plcp

Anyway i Usually fly high, a few days ago I flew at over 2500m at Bardonecchia (TO- italy) with a small hexa i carried skying, and this summer I plan to fly at Monviso, stating point at 3800m.
Great fpv flying! What kind of OSD are you using? I am using Remzibi osd. May i ask wat was the purpose of that fpv flying?
Mar 22, 2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Great fpv flying! What kind of OSD are you using? I am using Remzibi osd. May i ask wat was the purpose of that fpv flying?
Eagletree on that (i have the antenna tracker next to me), now i use it on planes and prefer to use dragon osd on my multiwii/arducopter and epi osd on mk.
I fly also for work (aerial shooting for photographers or university/research center) with large platforms, but that time i was just flying for fun, exploring unknown places or searching for trails I will hike or reach with my bike in the summer (Moncenisio is a great place with a lot of old fortifications and battle cannons from WWII). I do that with helis too (funnier to pilot in open spaces) and large gliders... but not so much time lately...
Last edited by jhoexp; Mar 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Mar 22, 2012, 11:35 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
That's it, next time I climb the Everest I'll take my tri with me
Mar 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
So I have a head on my butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
That's it, next time I climb the Everest I'll take my tri with me
Take some bigger props with you - the air is pretty thin up there!!!
Mar 22, 2012, 12:44 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
No problem.. 3 of these should be enough