Thread Tools
Oct 27, 2010, 07:02 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
troynh's Avatar
Alex,

Signguy and I have been trying to come up with a shutter servo sketch that could slip into your wii sketch without causing any issues. I know we don't want to use the "delay" function as it would cause our tris and quads to fall out of the sky. So, I've come up with a sketch that uses the "millis" function instead. (See attached .txt file)

Would this be able to fit into your sketch and work off of pin 8?

Thanks,

-Tim
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2010, 08:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrawfords67
It would be really useful to have a photo of the underside (in the same orientation (if possible)?
Here ya go. The breadboard is available at Radio Schack and has a convenient layout of tracing.

I'm using the long traces down the middle as a 5 volt and ground buss. 9 sets of 3 pin servo headers straddle that buss connecting the middle pin to +5 and one outer pin to ground. the other outer pins connect to double pads so wires can then be routed to the arduino. And I soldered headers on the board to plug the arduino into because I already had headers on the arduino.
Last edited by EnigmaSoar; Oct 27, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
Oct 27, 2010, 08:20 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
troynh's Avatar
Nice and clean Chuck.
Oct 27, 2010, 08:25 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh
Nice and clean Chuck.
Thanks sensei (japanese for teacher). Now where do I go to download the software?

Chuck
Oct 27, 2010, 08:36 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
troynh's Avatar
Oh Please! ....
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
http://radio-commande.com/wp-content...ultiWii1_3.zip
Oct 27, 2010, 08:51 PM
Registered User
OK. Got the source code, loaded the sketch into Arduino_17, compiled and uploaded it into the Arduino. Now I'm going to read this forum from start to finish and see if many of my questions can be answered before I attempt to bench test it. Thanks again Tim.
Chuck
Oct 27, 2010, 09:00 PM
www.joescnc.com
Joecnc2006's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecnc2006
Ok, I kinda feel embarrassed now, But I will tell anyway so someone else can look at this and not make same mistake, I could not get the pin 3 motor to spin because I had loaded it as a tri and that is the servo pin in that, I loaded Quadx and works now, However, on the bench with a Tower Pro BMC 15a esc I can Arm the Board and the motor turns on all 4 motor pins, (checking them one at a time), Now when I take it to the my Tri (just to check and get those motors turning) I can not get any of the motors turning and they are not hooked up to anything other than the Wii Controller, The Tri has Volcano 12a Esc's and they work fine on my KK Controller.

Making progress little by little, and learning along the way

Thanks,
Joe
anyone know of any sugestions?
and how do you know is your esc's are ppm.
Oct 27, 2010, 09:24 PM
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Anyone willing to be the first guinea pig?

Arduino 3 axis Accelerometer motion sensor free 3cables
http://cgi.ebay.com/Arduino-3-axis-A...item2c583e7503
Last edited by rimshotcopter; Oct 27, 2010 at 09:54 PM.
Oct 27, 2010, 10:05 PM
Caution: Noob in training
RoGuE_StreaK's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh
Signguy and I have been trying to come up with a shutter servo sketch that could slip into your wii sketch without causing any issues. I know we don't want to use the "delay" function as it would cause our tris and quads to fall out of the sky. So, I've come up with a sketch that uses the "millis" function instead. [I]
Tim, that sketch would still have delay issues integrating, as your servo routine uses them. Also the way it calls the servo routine wouldn't integrate properly, but I'm a bit unsure of how to otherwise slot it in.

From a brief browse, it looks to me like Alex's servo routine uses interrupts to determine how long to keep the pulse active, which allows the rest of the code to continue on in the meantime.
As my Arduino still hasn't arrived, and as I'm at work and supposed to be working on other (non-Arduino) code, I can't really delve into it too much now.
If you look in the area around line 475 you'll find his servo stuff, but interrupts are a bit of a pain to explain, and I haven't looked at the Arduino enough to figure out exactly how they work in that environment anyway.

Oh, also note that it looks like Alex is using an alternate method to DigitalWrite, which from the comments claims to be "25 time faster than DigitalWrite", so that could be something to look into in the meantime.
Oct 28, 2010, 02:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil
MS composit is on the place

Hi Pietr , welcome to the multirotor Galaxy
Mistake... Petr Novotny from MS Composit is big heli guru, i am only computer servisman. My nick is older then MS Composit, it is not domain name.
Oct 28, 2010, 03:52 AM
FPV Junkie
tazdevil's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNovotny
Mistake... Petr Novotny from MS Composit is big heli guru, i am only computer servisman. My nick is older then MS Composit, it is not domain name.
Ok, made a mistake , but welcome anyway.


yep Petr si a guru in 3d, but all human has proper quality
Oct 28, 2010, 05:25 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie
Anyone willing to be the first guinea pig?

Arduino 3 axis Accelerometer motion sensor free 3cables
http://cgi.ebay.com/Arduino-3-axis-A...item2c583e7503
I'm also looking for a specialist sorting out if this one can be used for cheap copter projects:
http://translate.google.de/translate...%3D%26marke%3D



Anyone?
Oct 28, 2010, 06:01 AM
Registered User
Point65's Avatar

Minthrottle


I have a question to all not using the 10A Turnigy Plush or Super Simple ESCs.

How is the optimal value for MINTHROTTLE determined?

My experience is that if I set a to low value on my tri config (around 1120 w/ SS ESC) and do a semi-hard bank or pull up on the AIL/PIT stick, it's almost like the motors cut off in flight. It's possible to recover but a bit scary.... If I set it to aprox to 100 less than hover rate, I need to hold it when I arm the ESC's to avoid rotation, but it flies great and does not cut out.

I use the SS 25A or Plush 12A ESC's.
/Bo
Oct 28, 2010, 06:19 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point65
I have a question to all not using the 10A Turnigy Plush or Super Simple ESCs.

How is the optimal value for MINTHROTTLE determined?

My experience is that if I set a to low value on my tri config (around 1120 w/ SS ESC) and do a semi-hard bank or pull up on the AIL/PIT stick, it's almost like the motors cut off in flight. It's possible to recover but a bit scary.... If I set it to aprox to 100 less than hover rate, I need to hold it when I arm the ESC's to avoid rotation, but it flies great and does not cut out.

I use the SS 25A or Plush 12A ESC's.
/Bo
Set it to the lowest value that makes your motors spin at low RPM when you arm the copter.....I use 1120 for Turnigy plush 12A

Remember to calibrate your ESCīs individually to the 125% throttle range
Oct 28, 2010, 07:50 AM
No thrust...It'll bust...
troynh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK
Tim, that sketch would still have delay issues integrating, as your servo routine uses them. Also the way it calls the servo routine wouldn't integrate properly, but I'm a bit unsure of how to otherwise slot it in.

From a brief browse, it looks to me like Alex's servo routine uses interrupts to determine how long to keep the pulse active, which allows the rest of the code to continue on in the meantime.
As my Arduino still hasn't arrived, and as I'm at work and supposed to be working on other (non-Arduino) code, I can't really delve into it too much now.
If you look in the area around line 475 you'll find his servo stuff, but interrupts are a bit of a pain to explain, and I haven't looked at the Arduino enough to figure out exactly how they work in that environment anyway.

Oh, also note that it looks like Alex is using an alternate method to DigitalWrite, which from the comments claims to be "25 time faster than DigitalWrite", so that could be something to look into in the meantime.
Thanks RS for looking at it! Back to the drawing board...

-Tim