Apr 26, 2012, 03:47 PM
Off my horse
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba max1
OK, I finally have my quad to where it is controllable (somewhat). I have my pitch/roll/yaw working great. But my throttle is waaaaaaaay sensitive. I think this attributes to my hovering problem. The quad can't stay at a given altitude....it "jumps". It gains altitude this way when I try to hover. Now, when I ascend or descend purposely, it is smooth, but hover is not!

I will also mention, I hover at 1/3 throttle....maybe a little less. Is there a way to adjust this?

Thanks!
Look into the RC Rate and Expo values.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire007
Look into the RC Rate and Expo values.
I could easily be wrong, but doesn't that apply to just pitch/roll?
Apr 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
...But my throttle is waaaaaaaay sensitive...
Try this

In the below code
Code:
mapedThrottle = constrain(map(rcCommand[THROTTLE], 1000, 1868, 1000, 1750), 1000, 1750);
Change the red number to the max your throttle can go in the config.

Run your quad up and listen to your props. Note the throttle value in the config when you hear your props reach their true max power level. Replace the blue numbers with the true max level.

///Edit
Attached 2.0 version.
Last edited by RCvertt; Apr 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Apr 26, 2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
Try this

In the below code
Code:
mapedThrottle = constrain(map(rcCommand[THROTTLE], 1000, 1868, 1000, 1750), 1000, 1750);
Change the red number to the max your throttle can go in the config.

Run your quad up and listen to your props. Note the throttle value in the config when you hear your props reach their true max power level. Replace the blue numbers with the true max level.

Thanks, I'll try this when I can fly my quad again (tomorrow).

Quick question. Can I have my lipo plugged in while hooked up to the GUI? I have a Crius SE baord.
Apr 26, 2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Thanks, I'll try this when I can fly my quad again (tomorrow).

Quick question. Can I have my lipo plugged in while hooked up to the GUI? I have a Crius SE baord.
Yes. I've never used a Crius board but I do it all the time with my ProMini set ups.

If you hover at 1/3 throttle then I'm guessing your red number will be either 1868 or 2000 and your blue number will be near 1500.
Also this code has never been tested yet so keep a firm grip on your quad in case it decides to go crazy.
Last edited by RCvertt; Apr 26, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
Apr 26, 2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
Yes. I've never used a Crius board but I do it all the time with my ProMini set ups.
Keep the quad secured while you do the test just in case since the props will be on the motors.

If you hover at 1/3 throttle then I'm guessing your red number will be either 1868 or 2000 and your blue number will be near 1500.
Also this code has never been tested yet so keep a firm grip on your quad in case it decides to go crazy.
Alright! After my classes tomorrow I hope to have enough time to give it a shot before work.
Apr 26, 2012, 07:05 PM
Na Mata do Choupal.. (0 min 44 sec)

Appreciate this.
Apr 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
Hi,

Rctimer runs well , but the motor seems slightly out of balance, and not that easy to balance it back. I test run it on a wooden test bench and it's noisy, caused by vibration.

Carbon bird seems much more better quality, smooth, but a little expensive. Should go for it if don't mind the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus
I have been away from this thread for a while, but coming back to gather information on motors. I was using the KDA 20-22L motors with Plush 18 ESC's on my VC20-450 frame with warthox WM+ controller (1.7 code) for FPV flying, but was getting fairly short flights of 5-6 mins at my altitude on 9x5x3 props with 3S 2200 packs. I want to give 4S a try. I sold those motors and am shopping for some ones 4s capable. I would really like to get more like 10 mins out of my setup. I don't mind spending a little more money on good motors within reason. I am looking for more feedback on two sets of motors on my short list. One set is fairly cheap and the other moderately priced.

- 750KV RCtimers
- CarbonBird 775kv
Apr 27, 2012, 12:51 AM

L3G4200D code for MultiWii

Hi, for the L3G4200D use this code and it is working perfect!
Took me a long time to find out the right registers for this little gyro.

Try it and have fun!

Tell me what you think about it!

Code:
// ************************************************************************************************************
// contribution Michael Frey
// I2C Gyroscope L3G4200D 
// ************************************************************************************************************
#if defined(L3G4200D)
void Gyro_init() {
  delay(100);
  /*HPF Setup*/
  i2c_writeReg(0xD2 ,0x21 ,0x34 ); // CTRL_REG2   HPF Setup HPF(0,5Hz-4Hz) Autoreset
  delay(5);
  /*Sensitivity*/  
  i2c_writeReg(0xD2 ,0x23 ,0xA0 ); //CTRL_REG4  2000 dps / BDU enabled
  delay(5);
  /*HPF, LPF Setup*/
  i2c_writeReg(0xD2 ,0x24 ,0x13 ); // CTRL_REG5   low pass filter enable, high pass filter enabled
  delay(5);
  /*ODR and LPF Filter*/
  /*800hz*/
  i2c_writeReg(0xD2 ,0x20 ,0xFF ); // CTRL_REG1   800Hz ODR, LPF1:93HZ, LPF2:110hz
}

void Gyro_getADC () {
  TWBR = ((F_CPU / 400000L) - 16) / 2; // change the I2C clock rate to 400kHz
  i2c_getSixRawADC(0xD2,0x80|0x28);

GYRO_ORIENTATION(  ((rawADC[1]<<8) | rawADC[0])/5  ,
                     ((rawADC[3]<<8) | rawADC[2])/5  ,
                    -((rawADC[5]<<8) | rawADC[4])/5  );

GYRO_Common();
}
#endif
Apr 27, 2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdeluxe
Hi, for the L3G4200D use this code and it is working perfect!
Took me a long time to find out the right registers for this little gyro.

Try it and have fun!

Tell me what you think about it!
Your Timing is perfect! I just finished a new build using the L3G4200D.

Thank you!
Apr 27, 2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex1
The Baro is reading Air Pressure this can vary constantly
Wind and Gust's will also affect it

Try it again on a Stable windless day
you should see a much calmer graph.
I am in my bedroom, with quadcopter on the table.
Apr 27, 2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill516
Askin when you say "on the table" do you mean inside the house and are you waving your arms about frantically trying to get it to work. Have you got the foam over the baro, also I'm just getting into this or will be when I get to play with my new board, shouldnt you have the baro active on the G.UI
yes i am in my bedroom with quadcopter in table, and the motors off. i have foam and i have my bmp 085 over the board protected from wind
Apr 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the work on the L3G4200D .
I was going to buy an Allinone board with that gyro.

I have a problem here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwycX...1&feature=plcp
If I wait to long the motor stops and I have to rearm to get it spinning.
additionally the motor sometimes twitches inflight.
When I switch the Motor ESC combi to another channel the behavior wanders with those components.
What could be the reason?

Nils
Apr 27, 2012, 03:10 PM
MultiwiiQuadroHolic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus
I have been away from this thread for a while, but coming back to gather information on motors. I was using the KDA 20-22L motors with Plush 18 ESC's on my VC20-450 frame with warthox WM+ controller (1.7 code) for FPV flying, but was getting fairly short flights of 5-6 mins at my altitude on 9x5x3 props with 3S 2200 packs. I want to give 4S a try. I sold those motors and am shopping for some ones 4s capable. I would really like to get more like 10 mins out of my setup. I don't mind spending a little more money on good motors within reason. I am looking for more feedback on two sets of motors on my short list. One set is fairly cheap and the other moderately priced.

- 750KV RCtimers
- CarbonBird 775kv
I would take a look at T-Motors instead ....
Carbonbird is rebranded kda engins ? and rc-timer is various quality, so take a look at T-motors http://www.multirotor.co/ it can be one opportunity.
and no i don't sell them

// Tazzy
Apr 27, 2012, 03:51 PM
< 250g FPV
Thanks Tazzy, I will look at those. Even if carbon birds are re-branded, they appear to have superior bearings over the regular KDA motors and that is a big plus in my book.

Quick Reply