Oct 30, 2010, 04:39 PM
www.joescnc.com
Thats to funny, Thanks for posting.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2010, 04:41 PM

quad or tri?

Ive just got finneshed reading the entire post and am looking forward to builsding this.

a few questions.
1. how does the quad + and x turn without a servo?
2. which do you prefer quad or tri and why?
3. is anyone making the boards for sale...I do not have the means to etch a circuit card.
4. what motors, props, and esc's do you prefer after flying? I plan on fpv. eventually
5. for quad configuration do you have to install motors at an angle?
6. I have looked at wiring diagram but still dont understand how to connect all the wiring of esc's and such. is there a need for bec for the adrino card? or can you use listed electronics?
7. if anyone has a diagram that is easier to understand it would be helpfull.
8. for the tri configuration could you all post pictures of your mechanism for the servo.
9. the blade configuration for which way the blades are supposed to spin is confusing. any one have the correct way the blades are supposed to be set up in different configurations?

thanks, I hope to order the adrino card soon and i already have the wii components. I have DX6i radio (mode2) that i will be using for the project.
I hope to be flying like i stole it soon!!

thanx alex for the wonderful work. have fun on your holliday!
Oct 30, 2010, 05:18 PM
a few questions.
1. how does the quad + and x turn without a servo?- By varying the torque of the CCW props versus the CW props
2. which do you prefer quad or tri and why? - Tri more durable, and a bit cheaper, and can fold up, but it is mostly a question of preference.
3. is anyone making the boards for sale...I do not have the means to etch a circuit card. - There is someone on this forum doing just that ( mentioned in teh last 15 pages)
4. what motors, props, and esc's do you prefer after flying? I plan on fpv. eventually - Depends on size of quad (and weight).
5. for quad configuration do you have to install motors at an angle? - No, two motors spin a different direction, buy varying torque you can create a yaw.
6. I have looked at wiring diagram but still dont understand how to connect all the wiring of esc's and such. is there a need for bec for the adrino card? or can you use listed electronics? - Have a look at Alex's home page (page one of this thread).
7. if anyone has a diagram that is easier to understand it would be helpful- as above.
8. for the tri configuration could you all post pictures of your mechanism for the servo- people do this different ways, depending what parts they have lying around.
9. the blade configuration for which way the blades are supposed to spin is confusing. any one have the correct way the blades are supposed to be set up in different configurations? - Two spin clockwise, and two counter clockwise, its as simple as that (for a quad) ! On a tricopter all blades can spin the same way.
Oct 30, 2010, 08:34 PM
For those looking for WM+ and nunchucks, go to www.crazedlist.com and search for "Wii Motion Plus" in your area (or further). After about 10 text messages, I found a guy in AZ who will sell me a slightly used WM+ and a Nunchuck for $10 shipped. Craigslist is more Garage Sale oriented, and does not compare prices, so it's very easy to snag a great deal.

Cheers!
-Kevin
Oct 30, 2010, 09:32 PM

Dry Run for halloween

Here are my practice t-copter flights in preparation for tomorrow evening.

Ghost TCopter (2 min 38 sec)
Oct 31, 2010, 12:50 AM
I need some help with this last wire.

Where is the vcc on this 3.0 board?

Thank you tons

here is a better picture

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...&tx=135&ty=109

Does it connect to 3v3 pin? vcc -> 3v3 ?
Last edited by witespy; Oct 31, 2010 at 01:25 AM.
Oct 31, 2010, 05:12 AM
Flightless crawler
@witespy,
WM+ and NC you can connect direct to 3V3 or 5V or D12. It works on 3,3V and 5V without problems. On code is option to supply WM+ from D12 pin.
Oct 31, 2010, 08:09 AM
Hi

im going to be building a quad using this thread and method and have ordered some of these motors Could you tell me what size props i should use, i understand i need 2 of each counter-rotating props but i cant seem to find any in the uk, can anyone point me to somewhere i could get some from and the size i need?

Thank you in advance
Oct 31, 2010, 09:33 AM

bico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexinparis View Post
.. My bicopter prototype is not something like avatar. It's turned 90deg, in a inline orientation.
So far it's not stable as I would like it to be. I still have to find out how to correct the roll axis (the one dependent of the inclination of the 2 servos).
Hi Alex, I've flown the Carson UL-copter, a transversal bicopter, and it is really slow on the nick (pitch) axis, completely different from heli- or multicopters - which translates Into roll axis on your variant.
The UL-copter accelerates very slowly and takes much getting used to, maybe this why it was not a big success (and BTW it AFAIK only has a yaw gyro, no pitch/roll stabilisation, and the COG well below the rotor level).
The basic problem is that changing the motor angles does not (only) tilt the motors (that are stabilised by the gyroscope effect) but the frame in the other direction as well, so the rotor thrust does not tilt as quickly.
On the other hand, watching our tricopters, when turning the rear motor with the servo, the counter-tilt of the frame is compensated by the roll gyro automagically - this is not possible on a bicopter.
Real bicopters (in each variant) always use swashplates, including the V22.
Avatar models are nice but - they never flew in reality ...
Last edited by bb42; Oct 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM.
Oct 31, 2010, 09:39 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidensere07 View Post
Hi

im going to be building a quad using this thread and method and have ordered some of these motors Could you tell me what size props i should use, i understand i need 2 of each counter-rotating props but i cant seem to find any in the uk, can anyone point me to somewhere i could get some from and the size i need?

Thank you in advance
You could try it here: http://www.sportsmoto.co.uk/cgi-bin/...s&ACTION=Go%21
Oct 31, 2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinolin View Post
Ive just got finneshed reading the entire post and am looking forward to builsding this.

a few questions.
1. how does the quad + and x turn without a servo?
2. which do you prefer quad or tri and why?
3. is anyone making the boards for sale...I do not have the means to etch a circuit card.
4. what motors, props, and esc's do you prefer after flying? I plan on fpv. eventually
5. for quad configuration do you have to install motors at an angle?
6. I have looked at wiring diagram but still dont understand how to connect all the wiring of esc's and such. is there a need for bec for the adrino card? or can you use listed electronics?
7. if anyone has a diagram that is easier to understand it would be helpfull.
8. for the tri configuration could you all post pictures of your mechanism for the servo.
9. the blade configuration for which way the blades are supposed to spin is confusing. any one have the correct way the blades are supposed to be set up in different configurations?

thanks, I hope to order the adrino card soon and i already have the wii components. I have DX6i radio (mode2) that i will be using for the project.
I hope to be flying like i stole it soon!!

thanx alex for the wonderful work. have fun on your holliday!
anyone else have an opinion?

I tried ordering the card from sparkfun but the site is down, anyone have another good supplier?
Oct 31, 2010, 10:51 AM
Disregard, fixed.
Last edited by opie11; Oct 31, 2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: operator error
Oct 31, 2010, 10:56 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinolin View Post
anyone else have an opinion?

I tried ordering the card from sparkfun but the site is down, anyone have another good supplier?
Depends on where you live.
btw sparkfun isn't down:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9218
Oct 31, 2010, 11:43 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
Here is the schematic for ArduWiino shield. It should incorporate all the current features. I added jumpers to switch D5 and D6 between RX input and Motor output so it can be used with PPM sum and 6 motors or with a normal RX and 4 motors. I also added a 3.3 V regulator with a jumper to switch between regulator and D12 for I2C power. Finally I added pads for pullup-resistors on the I2C lines.....

I dont completely understand how the battery monitor input on A3 is supposed to work, so I would appreciate an elaboration and some data on which resistors to use with 2-4S

I wonder why the status and alarm LEDīs have no current-limiting resistors. I gather it would be good practice to add those as well but the shcematic I used for reference does not have current-limiting resistors, so I omitted them for now:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=3554580

Could someone please go over it before I start routing the traces? I plan on a 2-sided board 50 * 50 mm from Seeedstudio.

Thanks

Jussi
Oct 31, 2010, 12:32 PM
Member FPV UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
SNIP
I wonder why the status and alarm LEDīs have no current-limiting resistors. I gather it would be good practice to add those as well but the shcematic I used for reference does not have current-limiting resistors, so I omitted them for now:
I would suggest that a schmatic will show operation and not detail so I'd add the limit resistors as they will be needed.

Mike.

Quick Reply