Jun 16, 2011, 04:43 PM
An ordinary sort of incredible

Dynamically Balance Prop and Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeesvR
Can you give an example how to do that.
Really simple...

You can either use your tx/rx or a servo tester.
With your prop on your motor. Disable the other three (or two if tricopter) motors. Connect the motor you are balancing to the throttle channel of your rx. Hold the quad or tri arm in your hand. Spin up the motor through a smooth range of speed. Feel for vibrations. Stop the motor and apply a piece of electrical tape to one of the blades. It doesn't matter which yet. Spin up the motor again. If the vibes are worse, swap the tape to the other blade. If the vibes are less, adjust amount of tape until you have no or very little vibrations. You have just balanced the prop and the motor together.

You can use clear tape instead of electrical, it just takes more. If you have orange or other colored blades clear tape looks better. (you can get colored electrical tape too)

Don't move or spin the prop in relation to the bell housing. If part of the vibration was due to the motor bell then you will loose your balance. It's not that big a deal but every little bit helps.
Last edited by mr.incredible; Jun 16, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2011, 06:42 PM
No you cant fly it.

rx leads to where??

Name: gimbal.jpg
Views: 142
Size: 83.3 KB
Description:

so I have my board all built but Im not sure where to hook up the rx leads. I made this board for a dual rotor heli im building. It will have two motors and two servos. variable motor speeds for roll, opposite servo movement for yaw, and same servo movement for pitch. If someone can guide me on which wires go where that would be great!

Name: DSCN2232.jpg
Views: 121
Size: 262.3 KB
Description:
Jun 16, 2011, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet
Update...
Taking the advice of EnigmaSoar I tried setting up my quad again.

Using v1.5 (I am a bit more familiar with that as I used it on my tricopters) I altered the sketch and have now got the correct indications in the GUI for roll, pitch and yaw.

The advice you gave on the positive readouts shown in the GUI is very handy, I hadn't come across this information before and it sure makes it easier to get things set up without spinning up the motors and moving the quad around to see what happens.

Progress has been made....thanks Chuck.
Glad it helped. Keep in mind that you can still accidently reverse your left and right motor/esc connections and it will stil flip over.
Regards
Chuck
Jun 17, 2011, 01:12 AM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLT
It happened 3 times to me ,but with different boards and copters. And all 3 times it flipped to the right 2 times with tricopter and Paris V3 board and about week ago my quad with Quadrino board flipped too.
And after crashing I flown it like nothing happened .
If You find out where was the problem,let me know too
Just last week, all 4 of my motors stopped in mid flight.. so kinda like yours, only instead of flipping, it just came straight down! Only 6 feet over grass though, so no harm done. I can't figure out why it happened but I'll tell ya I'm nervous to fly it higher!
Jun 17, 2011, 01:21 AM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretch5000
Well it looks like you are going to get your wish. I'm going to do a build blog on my setup with pics. unwillingly. lol

i was out flying today trying to get some real low shots of my Buddy's wake boarding. i was on land with my fpv gear. Out of know where it started to rain. i think the rain shorted out my Paris board as i was trying to hurry back. the tricopter went down in about 20 foot of water. with all my fpv gear and camera. it was to dark to find it so I'll have to try and locate it tomorrow if the water is clear. i hope i find it.

on another note i have everything at my house to build another one minus the camera..
Wow that's awful!! Sorry to hear it
Jun 17, 2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexinparis
Hi,

At the moment,
The gyro,acc,mag are well supported with the dev version.

baro is not well supported, but I'm confident about its support with the last contribution from ziss_dm. I'm working on it, maybe a question of days.
I will also add some interesting features from Hamburger about telemetry and power consumption calculator.

I hope to release soon the 1.8 to have a new stable version.

GPS will follow, but not before baro.
I'm however confident with its integration.
It's probably less complicated than the baro to integrate a GPS PH.
Great news, and by the way......

Happy Birthday MultiWiiCopter ! ! !
It's now one year (+1 day) since Alex started this thread. Increadable development and so much fun.
/Bo
Jun 17, 2011, 04:45 AM
happy belated birthday

ive just started a thread where i want to talk about multicopter motors.
which do you use? which experiences do you have ? would you buy them again ? .....
if someone wants to take a look :
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post18523183
Jun 17, 2011, 04:48 AM
HAPPY Birthday MULTIWII!!!

(Now, go fix the glitch on the dev version... )
Jun 17, 2011, 08:16 AM
Multiwii Happy Birthday from Spain.
From here we follow carefully congratulations to all the forum and AlexinParis.
Jun 17, 2011, 09:09 AM
Happy birthday from Portugal too :-)
And congrats to Alex...
Jun 17, 2011, 09:27 AM

Happy Birthday

Well,

Birthday Wishes to the project and the whole team.

From SoCal.
Jun 17, 2011, 09:32 AM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak
Just last week, all 4 of my motors stopped in mid flight.. so kinda like yours, only instead of flipping, it just came straight down! Only 6 feet over grass though, so no harm done. I can't figure out why it happened but I'll tell ya I'm nervous to fly it higher!
My guess is receiver lockout...are you running with a satellite on your receiver? I had the same thing happen, I am going back to an AR7000
:
VC-450 QUAD COPTER FPV CRASH (1 min 4 sec)
Jun 17, 2011, 10:08 AM
< 250g FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner
My guess is receiver lockout...are you running with a satellite on your receiver? I had the same thing happen, I am going back to an AR7000
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cluKy46er-E
Tom, how far do you get with the AR7000?
Jun 17, 2011, 10:09 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cluKy46er-E
There were problems reported with the new spektrum system DSMX (i think)
working together with old system DSM2 receivers. they would ?lockout?(don't know how to say it) after a while.. Maybe this could be your case??
Jun 17, 2011, 10:52 AM

Connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicekilla
Attachment 4085239

so I have my board all built but Im not sure where to hook up the rx leads. I made this board for a dual rotor heli im building. It will have two motors and two servos. variable motor speeds for roll, opposite servo movement for yaw, and same servo movement for pitch. If someone can guide me on which wires go where that would be great!

Attachment 4085244
Think its.
SERVO_PITCH: A0
SERVO_ROLL: A1

Got it from this link.

http://www.multiwii.com/?page_id=103

Quick Reply