Jun 11, 2019, 10:07 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywoulf
I am curious as to how the foam glider is made to be maneuverable once the motor pod is attached.
Maneuverable - Ha - Who cares so long as it flies!

Actually don't listen to me that is a bad idea ....

Probably RET would be easiest on that...

<edit> just saw your tag ... do you differentiate between silly and stupid??
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2019, 11:03 PM
Just out for fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha
Maneuverable - Ha - Who cares so long as it flies!

<edit> just saw your tag ... do you differentiate between silly and stupid??
Yes, I do. I used that phrase in a rebellious moment dealing with another thread. Now changed.
Jun 12, 2019, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Yes, I do. I used that phrase in a rebellious moment dealing with another thread. Now changed.
Phew ...

We all have Google (and other search engines) but this may be useful....

https://www.tested.com/art/makers/57...rt-1-assembly/

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/b...foam-rc-glider
Last edited by mutha; Jun 12, 2019 at 01:40 AM. Reason: additional
Jun 12, 2019, 01:51 AM
Just out for fun
Looking at the one built by Flite Test at a cost of $126.00, I think I will stick to the CnE.
Jun 12, 2019, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Looking at the one built by Flite Test at a cost of $126.00, I think I will stick to the CnE.
For my CnE I used all pre-loved parts and if I ignore the cost of those it cost me about $20 and a few hours (probably about 10 hours but there was a lot of sitting in the garage navel gazing while glue dried and such - a few cakes and lots of coffee ... you know how it goes...)
Aug 01, 2019, 12:03 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
I missed the previous question about motor pods, they're likely downloaded from thingiverse and 3d printed.

hey rich, I'm contemplating making an EPP c-n-e for night bowling, maybe raise the motor and put rails or wheels underneath so it can ROG

Any tips for how best to reinforce an EPP version?
Jan 19, 2020, 08:38 PM
Adding to the fleet
Jan 25, 2020, 08:48 AM
When pigs fly rc
Thread OP
For night bowling i would keep it simple. I do think it would be a good plane for it.
Jan 25, 2020, 08:49 AM
When pigs fly rc
Thread OP
Mutha
I like the colored foam board you got.
Jan 25, 2020, 11:33 AM
Just out for fun
Night bowling???
Jan 25, 2020, 02:04 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Night bowling???
SEFF 2012 Night Bowling Action (6 min 25 sec)
Latest blog entry: Release of our 40" EPP Yak55 XL
Jan 25, 2020, 06:23 PM
Just out for fun
That is way too cool for sure!! I have never heard of or seen this before. Makes me want to put some lights on my C&E and do some night flying. Thanks for posting the video.
Jan 26, 2020, 08:45 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
That is way too cool for sure!! I have never heard of or seen this before. Makes me want to put some lights on my C&E and do some night flying. Thanks for posting the video.
It was very popular with the group associated with TheCrashCast podcast and has made appearances at several events since that video, Most recently at The NEAT Fair last fall.
Latest blog entry: Release of our 40" EPP Yak55 XL
Jan 26, 2020, 09:42 AM
really looked fun
Jan 27, 2020, 01:18 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
It was very popular with the group associated with TheCrashCast podcast and has made appearances at several events since that video, Most recently at The NEAT Fair last fall.
I loved the CrashCast. They were just ramping up as I was starting RC... I learned so much from them. I bought one of Crash's quad frames, and asked him to sign it, which he did!

What a great guy, I felt blessed knowing him!

Quick Reply