The ProNet World Tour has officially started .. - RC Groups
Jun 16, 2003, 05:50 PM
in a fog ...

The ProNet World Tour has officially started ..

The ProNet, discussed here recently, has headed out on it's Tour around the world. If you're lucky, you could get to see it, and, if you are really lucky, could get to fly it.. !!

This is unfolding in a bit of an ad hoc way, "accidentally, on purpose". We aren't great planners..

Thanks to the Old Men's Consulting Company, who, for being a bunch of weathered business types, really have a lot of heart. It was their seed money that got us in the air. And they don't even want any of the glory!

Links:

ProNet background reading ...

ProNet Design

Start of the ProNet World Tour

The first Leg - Long Beach CA USA

Have an interesting trip, little heli!

dana
www.rceheli.com
Last edited by Lost Horizon; Jun 27, 2003 at 04:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2003, 11:36 PM
in a fog ...
This just in.. the ProNet will be diverting from Long Beach (where Steve from DreamHobbies will be the Pilot in Command) for a celebrity photo opportunity in the RC Groups server room, before heading off on the next leg west, which is planned to be Hawaii..

stay tuned.. there is some very interesting flying, and probably some "worlds firsts" for model Heli's lined up in the pipe.. Stuff even a Joker can't do.. hehe..

dana
Jun 20, 2003, 02:05 PM
in a fog ...
For those who like to follow flight plans.. Here's the near real time location of the ProNet on it's journey to the Los Angeles Area ...

Go to http://www.canadapost.ca/segment-e.asp

Select tracking a package..

The Package (or flight plan number, as we prefer to call it) is
23 085 950 352
Last edited by Lost Horizon; Jun 20, 2003 at 02:20 PM.
Jun 20, 2003, 02:15 PM
The heli has left the building (and Canada for that matter)!!

Good luck with the project. Hope to follow as it goes around the world.

Steve
Jun 22, 2003, 09:27 PM
in a fog ...
Updates:

The ProNet's Flight to Agoura Hills California is completed! It arrived in fine shape, and the current Pilot in Command is Sean from HeliHobby.

Sean, keep us up to date on your local flights, and Photo ops.

After Sean has completed his tour, it's off to Steve at DreamHobbies for the Long Beach sightings. If you are in the area, check with Sean and Steve to see where it will be / when.

Planned after Steve is Jim, at this very site, in the Server Room for RC Groups.com..

We are heading east, planning to get to England/Europe befor the bad weather sets in..

Stay tuned.

Updates to the World Tour Site:

ProNet Design ..

Planned Stops so far...

dana
www.RCeHeli.com
Jun 27, 2003, 04:45 PM
in a fog ...
FWIW, Here's the Logbook for the ProNet as it travels. If you are near where it lands, you can get in touch with the Pilot in Command to have a good look at it. There will be some great micro pilots flying it, in unusual circumstances, at some of the well know hobby spots around the world ..

Real Time view of the ProNet Logbook

And, for good measure, we painted up the Logo 10 to match the ProNet in the official world tour colors .. what do ya think?

Matched Set

dana
Last edited by Lost Horizon; Jun 27, 2003 at 04:47 PM.
Jul 12, 2003, 08:22 PM
in a fog ...
Update on the proNet's Travels...

Sean atHeli Hobby handed off the ProNet on July 11 to Steve Campbell at DreamHobbies. Sean provided a spare new Hornet AUL head for the spares kit, and Steve had two extra custom shafts made up which will travel with the spares.

Steve plans on Piloting it around LA at various points of interest. He will keep us posted on the progress, I'm sure.. ProNet in Hollywood.. has a nice ring to it..

Here's the Log Link again..

ProNet Log Book
Jul 14, 2003, 05:28 PM
Hello all, I have been tremendously busy moving into my new house, but I managed to setup the Pronet with my equipment, and took it to my club's annual funfly/meeting. I'll have to say that the Pronet flies very smooth, and handles in the wind very well. I totally forgot to bring my 3-cell Lithium packs with me, and had to settle with using an 8-cell nimh pack that I had in my toolbox. So I only did upright flying with it (video coming soon). I'll post a couple pics and the video as soon as I get them from my buddy who took them. This weekend if all goes well I'll set it up with the 3-cell Etec pack, and see about doing some aerobatics with it. So far I love this new toy

Regards - Steve Campbell / dreamhobbies.com
Jul 15, 2003, 07:35 AM
Can't wait to see the new pix!
Jul 16, 2003, 11:25 AM
in a fog ...
The "Pic's" are starting to roll in..

World Tour Latest
Jul 17, 2003, 06:51 PM
I just emailed the Pronet video to Dana so that he can host it on his server. I'm sure he will post a link here soon. It wasn't the best flight since I was using an 8-cell nimh pack that I found in my toolbox, and it was sorta windy that day. This weekend I'll use the 3-cell Etec 1200 pack, and make another video, as well as have in flight pictures taken.

Regards - Steve Campbell / dreamhobbies.com
Jul 17, 2003, 07:39 PM
in a fog ...
And.. here it is.. Just click on the link on the California Tour Page below:

California Dreamin... for real..

On the page is a link is called "Arriving in California Video"
Last edited by Lost Horizon; Jul 18, 2003 at 10:49 AM.
Jul 18, 2003, 12:58 AM
Did I see a dead X-Cell being dragged in the background?
Jul 18, 2003, 10:11 AM
Logo Power!
I saw that too; the pilot did not seem too pleased!
Jul 18, 2003, 11:10 AM
Can you comment on how much tail authority there is with the fan setup? At first I thought it looked a bit gaudy, but it is beginning to grow on me

Can't wait for the E-Tech video!

Steve