Thread Tools
Jul 10, 2011, 05:18 AM
Registered User

Front Landing gear


I had more problem with the front landing gear so I took a exacto knife cut off the front of the plane and since I work in a machine shop I made one out of Alum.Here a photo little blurry
Toolmaker1045
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2011, 05:49 AM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolmaker1045
I had more problem with the front landing gear so I took a exacto knife cut off the front of the plane and since I work in a machine shop I made one out of Alum.Here a photo little blurry
Toolmaker1045
Bro that is awesome!. If I pay you would u make m one?
Jul 10, 2011, 06:10 PM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
toolmaker you have pm
Jul 12, 2011, 06:45 PM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
today i took the motor and esc out of my 400, and i saw its a 30A esc and a a 900kv 3536 motor. in the specs sheet it says it has a 20 amp esc and a 2836 900kv motor,is someone else plane has the same stuff?
Jul 12, 2011, 11:26 PM
Registered User
Visor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm
today i took the motor and esc out of my 400, and i saw its a 30A esc and a a 900kv 3536 motor. in the specs sheet it says it has a 20 amp esc and a 2836 900kv motor,is someone else plane has the same stuff?
I am pretty sure mine was 2836 with 30A ESC. It came from Hobby King.
Jul 13, 2011, 01:15 AM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
so the plane came with a 2836?
Jul 13, 2011, 10:25 PM
Registered User
Visor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm
so the plane came with a 2836?
I am pretty sure that what it was. I never even tried flying with it (gave the motor away) Now I have a Turnigy C3542 1250kv in it - plenty of power.
Jul 14, 2011, 02:36 AM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
visor i was looking at this motor
http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m601-big...20-1100kv.html

for the demensions: (im still new with plane motors,heli guy here)
Outside Diameter 35mm
Lenght 42mm

so this motor is a 3542 motor,same size as yours?
Last edited by celm; Jul 14, 2011 at 02:59 AM.
Jul 14, 2011, 08:36 PM
Registered User
Visor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm
visor i was looking at this motor
http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m601-big...20-1100kv.html

for the demensions: (im still new with plane motors,heli guy here)
Outside Diameter 35mm
Lenght 42mm

so this motor is a 3542 motor,same size as yours?
The dimensions are the same.

This is what I used:
Turnigy 35-42B 1250kv

I am not sure if you will have to drill new holes in the motor mount or not. More than likely the holes will not line up.
Jul 16, 2011, 09:14 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
Anyone seen or taken off from grass themselves? what size tires?
My buddy got one and wants help setting it up.
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
Jul 16, 2011, 09:24 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
BennettOZ84's Avatar
I can take off grass on mine stock, as long as its cut short. Anything taller than the wheel itself it wont get enough speed.
Jul 16, 2011, 09:52 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
Are you removing the wheel pants? Right now our hardest part is the clover.
Aug 05, 2011, 03:34 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
Nitroplanes has them for $99 plus there's still the 6% coupon:
Nitroplanes Coupon
Aug 13, 2011, 07:34 PM
Registered User
ninjafishable's Avatar
i took the wheel skirts off mine and put on 2.5 tires all round. with upgraded 40 amp system i can take off from almost any grass. its nice. bout 20 foot take off with flaps down.
Sep 08, 2011, 02:44 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
BennettOZ84's Avatar
I just got back from a flight from a repair on the front landing gear. It flies really well now. I used a front nose gear from a 40 size nitro plane. added a little extra weight in the front but it seems to fly well anyways.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Range problem with Airfield 182 Skytrainer from Nitroplanes WeeksFlyer Nitro Planes 1 Jul 31, 2011 07:52 PM
Discussion Nitro Brushless RC Planes + Ducted Fan Jets from Nitroplanes.com nitroplanes Nitro Planes 8 Jul 25, 2011 04:15 PM
Discussion ARF 4-Ch AirField RC Sky Trainer 400 RC Airplane w/ Brushless Motor+ESC Cabledawg1 Nitro Planes 6 Jun 13, 2010 05:08 PM
Mini-Review Airfield's "F5 Tactical Fighter" from NitroPlanes.com jmpdgs Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 23 May 23, 2010 12:44 PM
Discussion Nitroplanes Airfield 70mm F16 shakaka Foamy EDFs 4 Feb 07, 2010 11:24 AM