Mar 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewpix
Hey guys, it's Lewis, I met a few of you at the indoor meeting in Twickenham, cheers for the help and sorry I had so many questions! im trying to FPV my easystar2, was looking for the predator fatshark goggles kit at hobbyking but they are sold out with a 50 day wait. They've got this in stock https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cl_Tx_Rx_.html or is this not as good? I've checked Bevrc too, what other sites do you guys recommend? Also, anyone else having trouble uploading videos to youtube? Thanks for your help guys!
Hi Lewis,
I have for sale a brand new set, never used, identical to the one of your link. We bought two, one for me and one for my business partner but in the end I went with different goggles (cinemizers) that I saw someone using at a meet. PM me if interested and I'm sure we can agree on a fair price.

-Angelos
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2012, 02:25 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Hi Lewis, good to hear from you, I'm the shaggy hair'd bloke who let you have a go on my quad. It was good to meet you, I've had no issues with YouTube recently. Any questions just give us a shout.

CJ
Mar 19, 2012, 03:12 AM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewpix
Hey guys, it's Lewis, I met a few of you at the indoor meeting in Twickenham, cheers for the help and sorry I had so many questions! im trying to FPV my easystar2, was looking for the predator fatshark goggles kit at hobbyking but they are sold out with a 50 day wait. They've got this in stock https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cl_Tx_Rx_.html or is this not as good? I've checked Bevrc too, what other sites do you guys recommend? Also, anyone else having trouble uploading videos to youtube? Thanks for your help guys!
Don't worry about all those questions Lewis, we all had to learn, I still am.

What control frequency are you using on your ES2? If its 2.4ghz then beware that it may not mix nicely with 2.4ghz video. If you have a UHF radio then all as good, take Angelos up in his offer and save the wait and import duty. There is loads if info about what frequencies work well together and what to avoid on the forum.

Like i said in the pub, just take your time, do your research first, then if your worried ask before you buy. I know you were asking for a full 'kit list' to copy from someone, problem is everyone has different requirements, budgets, goals, experience, location and personal opinion. This makes all of our setups unique to us and maybe completely wrong for anyone else, thats why off the shelf systems are so very rare in FPV.

Best of luck and we'll help you along the way.
Mar 19, 2012, 03:29 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Good points Wayne. Your flying style will also effect you choice. I like to loyter close to where I'm sat at an average altitude. Maby to a couple of flybys. Whereas dallibab likes to move with nothing less than 60 amps at an altitude of 2 ft AGL . RCM likes gliding at high altitude. Stealthworks isn't happy unless his plane is in another county :P. all of these setups demand a slightly different setup. The fat sharks will get you on your feet with the easystar. And you'll figure out what you like.

CJ
Mar 19, 2012, 04:56 AM
right, office is quiet today, i'm off out to go fly.....

anyone around MK off today?
Mar 19, 2012, 04:57 AM
London RC Project
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
That was great
Summed up the night perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
great job !
Thanks! :]

---
BrotherBloat
London RC Project
www.rc-forc3.com
Mar 19, 2012, 04:59 AM
I Like Popcorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino

MK no. London Yes!
Mar 19, 2012, 05:51 AM
Went to mow a meadow

HD keychain cam A/V out

Anyone tried one of the new keychain cams yet?

Has 720 hd and audio and video out so it should work ok for fpv.

Only 25 quid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1108432748...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
Mar 19, 2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48
Anyone tried one of the new keychain cams yet?

Has 720 hd and audio and video out so it should work ok for fpv.

Only 25 quid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1108432748...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
I have used the version without the AV. It records ok video for the price but it is sometimes temperamental... for example we have found it switched off at the end of the flight although it still had charge.

The AV is interesting as a secondary camera perhaps with an AV switch but I would not trust it as the only camera for flying.

-Angelos
Mar 19, 2012, 05:58 AM
Happy Days
like they say
you gets what you pay for.
You can't expect much for that sort of dosh.

But they are a good starting place
I think over the years I've had them all.

Just got the latest jumbo keyfob cam which is full 1080 30fps or 720 at 60fps.
The quality is great but like them all you need good sun light and no vibrations. they are about £40 on ebay.
Mar 19, 2012, 06:04 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:

things are ultra quiet too here.... not a whisper from the main office...but I am like a doctor on call, waiting for the next phone call (landline) so I cannot move.

you never know, the way things are, there might be a P45 in the post soon, the consultation process has been started.
Mar 19, 2012, 06:23 AM
Crash :-D
Mar 19, 2012, 06:25 AM
I Like Popcorn
Quote:
Crash :-D
Pics or didn't happen :P
Mar 19, 2012, 06:28 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos
I have used the version without the AV. It records ok video for the price but it is sometimes temperamental... for example we have found it switched off at the end of the flight although it still had charge.

The AV is interesting as a secondary camera perhaps with an AV switch but I would not trust it as the only camera for flying.

-Angelos
Yes, it was the AV out that caught my eye

Frank
Mar 19, 2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:

I wish, cracking day out there. Been watching the birds play in the thermals this morning

Quick Reply