Feb 17, 2012, 04:06 PM
I Love Tea!
Evening! Just thought I'd post an update to my "obviously not copied off Stealth" wing build

I'm struggling with the positioning of the ESC at the moment, it's a massive bright yellow thing with a heatsink. Won't half spoil the look of the finished wing.

I'm really enjoying this build but it's taking aaaaaaaaaaages.
Last edited by Husky2000; Feb 17, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky2000
Evening! Just thought I'd post an update to my "obviously not copied off Stealth" wing build

I'm struggling with the positioning of the ESC at the moment, it's a massive bright yellow thing with a heatshrink. Won't half spoil the look of the finished wing.

I'm really enjoying this build but it's taking aaaaaaaaaaages.
Take off the heatshrink and cover it in the same colour as the wings final cover
Feb 17, 2012, 04:31 PM
I Love Tea!
Good idea Bignose but i'd need to get hold of some large white heatshrink. I'll check online....
Feb 18, 2012, 07:11 AM
I Like Popcorn
Morning all,
I picked up the Quad and controller from ParcelFarce this morning, they have reimbursed the fees which is better than nothing!

Trying to get the quad ready to fly tonight at the Indoor evening.
The build story so far...

Frame built.
36 connectors and 12 solder tabs soldered.
ESC's calibarted and set up for multicopters.
Props ballanced.
Electrics all fitted inc. Naza stuff.
Motors & ESC's fitted.
All wiring complete.

Just need to set up the Naza now... Their site is down and I need the software and the frigging windows driver... ARGH!

If anyone has the driver and software - upload it someplace or please email me the windows driver, james@rpff.org pretty please

Hopefully see some of you tonight.

James
Feb 18, 2012, 07:16 AM
Happy Days
sending you the files
Feb 18, 2012, 07:17 AM
Happy Days
I'm bringing my laptop anyway, so we can do there if you have no joy
Feb 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
Happy Days
James
Both emails bounced back??
Feb 18, 2012, 07:33 AM
I Like Popcorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
James
Both emails bounced back??
Thanks Dave, Oh? uh, Servers ok, james@rpff.org right?
Might be size limit, could you send me the driver? I have found the assistant sw on my notebook (sense to dl it in the week)
Feb 18, 2012, 07:52 AM
Happy Days
trying again.
might be something to do with the fact that the zip file is 12 meg
Feb 18, 2012, 07:54 AM
Happy Days
no bounced back again

we can do it tonight. Don't take long
Feb 18, 2012, 08:20 AM
Skint since 2000
Quote:
no bounced back again

if you want to upload a file use sendspace, you then get a link which the other person can download from.
Feb 18, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hi guys,
Is anyone still attending the Indoor flying meet at Lea Manor Recreation Centre in Luton on a Sun morning. I was thinking of taking my new Pro Delrin Tricopter, especially as I live about 2 minutes drive from there!! It would be good to chat to some like minded people. I need some FPV installation guidance as well before I do it all wrong....Thanks Mark
Feb 18, 2012, 08:37 AM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by matey
Hi guys,
Is anyone still attending the Indoor flying meet at Lea Manor Recreation Centre in Luton on a Sun morning. I was thinking of taking my new Pro Delrin Tricopter, especially as I live about 2 minutes drive from there!! It would be good to chat to some like minded people. I need some FPV installation guidance as well before I do it all wrong....Thanks Mark
Sorry by the time I get back from Twickenham I'll sleep most of Sunday morning
Feb 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
I Like Popcorn
Quote:
no bounced back again

Ok, Thanks mate, I'll be down for around 6ish.
Feb 18, 2012, 10:56 AM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
I've got a last minute pass for tonight, yay!

Open offer of a lift down to anyone local.....

Alfred, you coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey
Hi guys,
Hey Mark, Can't do tomorrow as I've got family stuff tomorrow morning. I'm the only one from RCG who flys at Luton right now, and the only multirotor flyer/budding FPVer. Nixy (Nick) has been down to watch and is also in the same boat wanting to get into FPV. Your welcome to a lift down to Twickenham tonight if you can make it, the guys there are very FPV and multirotor knowledgeable, they've also had a few tri's between them.

Wayne

Quick Reply