Sep 15, 2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
sorry about the quality....and the editiing....and the flying....

ENJOI!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Rw3wrpf8o
Pleasantly entertaing! Well done and may your landings equal your take offs! You done well Especially as you have the prop view for your first go!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2011, 05:42 PM
Tonights mission was forced by Zorba's boredom. Me and Daz really needed sleep... and here I still am.

Anyhow those were at Bounce will recall my recently fabricated BBQ being returned by a mate who lives down the road from Angelos' office... Well tonight I called him and we flew from his back garden. 5k out on CL and SPL CP 'home made' attennas. Cant believe we did a total of 10k plus on 3500mah(ish) in my overweight ..... my mate was totally freaked out (we have 'visited' his garden in the day in the past but he hadn't been on goggles before. And when Angelos started practising his UFO dives....

Perfect weather for FPV night owls this week

Paul
Sep 15, 2011, 07:03 PM
What was that...
Thread OP
Lol that made me smile
When the plane was not in view I was waiting for it to suddenly go quiet. Luckily it didn't

What area is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
Another non FPV flight...

Yeah I still need LOS practice before going FPV with the planes yet
Went to my favourite quiete spot found a slightly better landing area but still fairly rough ground

Landings all went well as did the flying, even did my first ever loops , all was well apart from the red ants nest I was stood on DOH !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_e9qTNnd5U#ws

To be honest, I'm enjoying flying planes far more than the quad, there's no grace to a quad at all, no banking turns etc

The arena:

Sep 15, 2011, 07:21 PM
Any FPVers in Dorset? Would love to see Bournemouth/Poole again.
Sep 15, 2011, 11:36 PM
Happy Days
so what did you think of the video quality of the way cheaper than a gopro camera?
It was very gloomy as the sun was just setting.
The camera had moved round a bit so was a crap angle.
I'll stick another one up when the sunwas out and you can have a better look at it.
Not bad though for £80 and as usual it looks much better in real life than it does on youtube.
Bed time for me.

Oh yes Paul
The bonfire was great see it for miles, even flew through the smoke which was cool.
Sep 16, 2011, 02:05 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
so what did you think of the video quality of the way cheaper than a gopro camera?
It was very gloomy as the sun was just setting.
The camera had moved round a bit so was a crap angle.
I'll stick another one up when the sunwas out and you can have a better look at it.
Not bad though for £80 and as usual it looks much better in real life than it does on youtube.
Bed time for me.

Oh yes Paul
The bonfire was great see it for miles, even flew through the smoke which was cool.
It looked like the rendering/youtube compression combination was not ideal. I never seem to get these right myself. If you want more wide angle try this add on lens http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-Angle...item1c1e349f9b it works a treat .
I thought the angle the camera was at was great, I love the pan and tilt action
the video was great and colours were excellent, the sound seemed ok too.
Having said the I think you can achieve a similar result with this keychain hd camera for less than half the price and the size. like what I had on my little drone plane.
there is a RCG member called Daemon, he will tell you all there is to tell about rendering videos for youtube. what video editor are you using?
Sep 16, 2011, 02:50 AM
Any one going to the hop farm this w/e
Nick
Sep 16, 2011, 02:53 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
When is the mk meet? I'll pop along.
Was planing on feeing some fixed wing air time in yesterday all ready to go after work but ended up with a relly bad headache and felt realy sick so just had to go home and go to bed typical I'm in a rubbish mood today now as I need an Fpv fix.

O I went to that last year I think what day are you going I will see if my bro wants to go out for a day trip got a link to the web site ?
Sep 16, 2011, 03:15 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-uGXvBlytY

quicker than I expected.
Late for work though
Nice save! what pan servo is that, looks like it's >180deg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzi28 View Post
Any FPVers in Dorset? Would love to see Bournemouth/Poole again.
had my plane in the boot (trunk!) of the car a couple of weeks ago at Poole Harbour but ran out of time
Sep 16, 2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTT View Post
Any one going to the hop farm this w/e
Nick
Hi Nick

I will be going to the Hop Farm on Sunday.

I work weekends but have taken the day off on Sunday.

For that reason I am unable to make a weekend meet, but if anyone can get away for a meet during the week I would be there.

Cheers

Geoff
Sep 16, 2011, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Chapman View Post
Hi Nick

I will be going to the Hop Farm on Sunday.

I work weekends but have taken the day off on Sunday.

For that reason I am unable to make a weekend meet, but if anyone can get away for a meet during the week I would be there.

Cheers

Geoff
What's hop farm?
Sep 16, 2011, 03:27 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
What's hop farm?
it's a farm where they make you hop

http://www.southernmodelairshow.com/hop-farm.shtml
Sep 16, 2011, 03:28 AM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
What's hop farm?
a waste of time in my opion.

Been twice, disapointed twice.

too far to go for a very small event, unless you have kids
Sep 16, 2011, 03:38 AM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by
I thought the angle the camera was at was great, I love the pan and tilt action
the video was great and colours were excellent, the sound seemed ok too.
Having said the I think you can achieve a similar result with this [URL="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/720p-mov-HD-Key-Video-Camera-Car-Cam-Keychain-808-11-/160642176864?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item2567051760#ht_ 1479wt_1080"
keychain hd camera[/URL] for less than half the price and the size. like what I had on my little drone plane.
there is a RCG member called Daemon, he will tell you all there is to tell about rendering videos for youtube. what video editor are you using?
It was done with Cyberlink Power Director.
Not too bad and wasn't too expensive.
Was just run through the program with no tweakls, just have not gopt the time.
The camera angle is better on the first few flights which I'll shove up here.
Yes I know the HD keyfob cams are half the price BUT
Do you know if it's on? Mine has Lite LCD dsplay which shows you it's recording and also how long is left on SD card. Oh it takes proper SD cards not those little things you can lose if you sneez on them.
I can't lose this one as it's bloody big. Thats why I spent out on a new HD keyfob cam as I couldn't find my first one. It was on my quad from the bounce week end.
What we need is this big (did I tell you it was water proof and has a Laser) one and the keyfob cam to get together and make some thing really great.
Like a mid size hybrid that can take the abuse and still be light.
Sep 16, 2011, 03:41 AM
Happy Days
[QUOTE=MikeTheCrash;19331859]Nice save! what pan servo is that, looks like it's >180deg?

Cheers Mike.
It's the BEVRC metal gear 180deg one $19 and worth it.
Tried to fit one of those extenders on it and made no difference.
Oh well I should at least be happy the I can see what channel I on or if both wings are in place. I should check that footage of the "incident" see what happened.

Quick Reply