Thread Tools
Feb 16, 2020, 07:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiZen
I see the CAA just says to Joe Public to report possible drone crimes to police. That is a lot of extra work to palm off to police. Also do police have to Train each week on new laws to remain relevant. I also see Joe Public are told to take DPA / Privacy complaints to ICO, I read through ICO rules and apparently I'm breaching the rules just by having a Ring doorbell on my front door.
If only I was young and naive and totally ignorant of what was going on around me, I would be so much happier.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
it took the police three days to respond to my last burglary so by the time they respond to a report of me playing with my toys in an empty field I will have landed three days prior to the event, (time travel is real)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2020, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGPS
it took the police three days to respond to my last burglary so by the time they respond to a report of me playing with my toys in an empty field I will have landed three days prior to the event, (time travel is real)
You were lucky they even bothered turning out. I got nothing more than a crime number when my 6k motorcycle got stolen.

With an 8% crime clean up rate to maintain, they might see people standing in a field as easy pickings, after all crime is crime and it's a lot easier to harass people in a field than it is to stop county lines drug dealers or "yoofs" stabbing each other.
Feb 16, 2020, 08:05 AM
Subsonic FPV
OMEGOOLIEBIRD's Avatar
The more of these type of comments I read, the more I feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders. If the police were to respond to me flying a toy plane and prosecute in any way, it wouldn't take much social media sharing to get the public really angry that their actual crimes aren't getting dealt with, but someone flying a toy plane got prosecuted. The amount of tools getting stolen from vans in our area really messing up tradesmen's business, gypo's riding around stealing anything that isn't bolted down (in fact even if it IS bolted down!), industrial units getting broken into, caravans/motorhomes stolen. Houses broken into and cars stolen with occupants in the house now terrified for life...etc...etc.. Really changing peoples lives. If toy planes were even policed at all, it would be very easy to stir up a huge amount of trouble for the police. They have far more important issues to deal with and are run ragged in our area, they are incredibly stretched. I don't think it is going to be a problem unless you are actually being dangerous (flying in a town/airport etc).

Crack on then, but keep it safe as always.
Feb 16, 2020, 08:39 AM
Registered User
The last person to challenge me and rudely asked if I had registered my quad was a dog walker he promptly went on his way when I replied is your dog chipped ?
Feb 16, 2020, 04:34 PM
Subsonic FPV
OMEGOOLIEBIRD's Avatar
Advert on Faacebook:
First ever DJI Phantom, no flight restrictions on it, everything working perfectly and it’s firmware was last updated about a year or so ago.

Never ever crashed and the battery connector was changed to an EC3 to take bigger batteries and normal 2200mah 3S packs.

Supplied with controller in working order.

No haggling or offers and no postage.

First comment:
Chris Amos: (testing the seller) Does this unrestricted mean it can fly near airports? I live close to one and mine won't take off..

Reply:
Richard Wraith: Yep, it doesn’t have any flight restrictions on it at all, it only has GPS hold for stability and return to where it took off. Fly it wherever you like.

Richard Wraith is a CNT. Anyone with half a brain or any respect for our hobby would have told him to FCK off in no uncertain terms, but he was willing to carry on the conversation to get a sale knowing the buyers (fake) intentions.

It is always a Phantom isn't it...
Last edited by OMEGOOLIEBIRD; Feb 16, 2020 at 05:55 PM.
Feb 16, 2020, 04:51 PM
For flying out loud!
planemad man's Avatar
Unfortunately it's too predictable...
Feb 17, 2020, 03:12 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGOOLIEBIRD
The more of these type of comments I read, the more I feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders. If the police were to respond to me flying a toy plane and prosecute in any way, it wouldn't take much social media sharing to get the public really angry that their actual crimes aren't getting dealt with, but someone flying a toy plane got prosecuted. The amount of tools getting stolen from vans in our area really messing up tradesmen's business, gypo's riding around stealing anything that isn't bolted down (in fact even if it IS bolted down!), industrial units getting broken into, caravans/motorhomes stolen. Houses broken into and cars stolen with occupants in the house now terrified for life...etc...etc.. Really changing peoples lives. If toy planes were even policed at all, it would be very easy to stir up a huge amount of trouble for the police. They have far more important issues to deal with and are run ragged in our area, they are incredibly stretched. I don't think it is going to be a problem unless you are actually being dangerous (flying in a town/airport etc).

Crack on then, but keep it safe as always.
I guess we're in the same boat as dog owners were when the dangerous dogs act came along.
"Why am I being vilified just because I own a dog?" (or in our case a toy plane with a camera on it)
On the whole, if your dog was well behaved then no one took any notice of you.
If it was a dangerous breed, people would watch and stare.
If your dangerous dog was aggressive and off it's lead in a public place, how many people reported it and how many dogs were seized?
Feb 17, 2020, 03:55 AM
Subsonic FPV
OMEGOOLIEBIRD's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
I guess we're in the same boat as dog owners were when the dangerous dogs act came along.
"Why am I being vilified just because I own a dog?" (or in our case a toy plane with a camera on it)
On the whole, if your dog was well behaved then no one took any notice of you.
If it was a dangerous breed, people would watch and stare.
If your dangerous dog was aggressive and off it's lead in a public place, how many people reported it and how many dogs were seized?
You don't need to add the 'with a camera' bit anymore Mitch, it is anything that flies, which could take off whilst weighing 250g... maximum take-off weight -MTOW. That means the free flight toy plane could weigh only 50g, but if it could still fly with 201g of mud on it, you would be breaking the EASA regulations which will be law here from July.. The 250g 'with' a camera class is going too..ANY weight whatsoever with a camera will require registration. As far as I understand it. It looks like indoor flight is technically included too.. But honestly who cares? They can shove that kind of stupid draconian registration up their communist stink pipes. It is so ill thought out, unworkable and over-reaching, it can only be ignored.
Last edited by OMEGOOLIEBIRD; Feb 17, 2020 at 04:00 AM.
Feb 17, 2020, 03:24 PM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
I recon that as this all unfolds and us poor SOB's get reported for flying our toys unregistered. We need to reach out to the media.

POLICE SPENT 'S ON PROSECUTING ME FOR FLYING MY TOY WHEN THEY SHOULD BE OUT SPENDING THEIR TIME AN MONEY CATCHING REAL CRIMINALS
Feb 17, 2020, 03:45 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Oh well.
As the world turns.
A new chapter unfolding that might have an impact with the Drone laws.
Today , An interesting ruling by a Federal judge (USA) against banning Drones (quadcopter) by County officials in violation of a State law (Michigan)that specifically prohibits local governments from creating or enforcing their own Drone ordinance.
Y'a.
A lot of States in the USA are in the same situation. Maybe the local governments officials will have to back track.

www.dpreview.com
Scroll down the front page . The article is the third one.
Last edited by geotric; Feb 17, 2020 at 04:21 PM.
Feb 17, 2020, 04:01 PM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Oh well.
As the world turns.
A new chapter unfolding that might have an impact with the Drone laws.
Today , An interesting ruling by a Federal judge (USA) against banning Drones (quadcopter) by County officials in violation of a State law that specifically prohibits local governments from creating or enforcing their own Drone ordinance.
Y'a.
A lot of States in the USA are in the same situation. Maybe the local governments officials will have to back track.
It looks like the page has been taken down.
Feb 17, 2020, 04:12 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
It looks like the page has been taken down.
Well I just cannot get to open the page on this thread.

It is on

www.dpreview.com

And just scroll down . It is the third article on the page.
Last edited by geotric; Feb 17, 2020 at 04:30 PM.
Feb 17, 2020, 04:35 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
The main lines from the Federal Judge for the State of Michigan.
And more Federal judge from other States will mostly have that ruling applied to their States.
Y'a. The stupidity from those local officials has finally been recognized by a sane judge.
Amen.
Last edited by geotric; Feb 17, 2020 at 04:46 PM.
Feb 18, 2020, 06:37 PM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
I think this will need to be registered
First Manned Aerobatic RACING Drone - Will it FLIP? 😲 (18 min 56 sec)
Feb 19, 2020, 03:44 AM
For flying out loud!
planemad man's Avatar
Ironically, I don't think it needs to be registered in the UK or the US, in both cases there is an exemption for aircraft under 100kg, or something similar. I'm not sure if that is different or rotary wing though.

And I am certain it wouldn't require a licence to fly.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 14025 Mar 28, 2020 06:51 PM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 107 Jan 26, 2017 01:41 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Jan 31, 2016 03:37 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM