Oct 15, 2019, 01:57 PM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
I've just come home from my first indoor session since Twickenham.

Broke my mini lazy bee, ruined the Magnum and my UK65 tiny whoop lost a motor and fell from the roof top (something else to fix now ).
On the plus side:- I didn't break my Tom Stanton hovercraft and the tiny whoop was great fun until it stopped flying.
used to love the indoor flying. Where did you find?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2019, 03:06 PM
Still flying a desk..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
used to love the indoor flying. Where did you find?
Yep.. well I thought that I'd try a bit of indoor. At least I can't get anything 'wrong' whilst flying indoors
The club has set up a series of indoor meets throughout the winter at handy cross.. We don't have the whole hall but it's enough for a blast with a tiny whoop.
Oct 17, 2019, 05:34 PM
Happy Days
Guys
Just ordered a ZOHD Dart 250g
Was thinking of making up some 2s 18650 packs for it.
Where's best to get them from?
Cheers
Oct 18, 2019, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Guys
Cheers
I get all my 18650's from Fogstar (UK) - there's a discount on Fridays usually, I'll see if I can find you a code ....

Here you go - https://www.fogstar.co.uk/discount/OCTOBER18 - 25% off
Oct 18, 2019, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafu_999
I get all my 18650's from Fogstar (UK) - there's a discount on Fridays usually, I'll see if I can find you a code ....

BTW - I made my non sub 250g Dart batteries from Samsung 25R's - not the spiciest battery but a good 20 amp / 2500mah battery that's the best compromise I could find for the price
Oct 18, 2019, 12:55 PM
Premium Registered User
Nobody here tempted by the HD fpv systems ? for me its a wait & see
Oct 18, 2019, 02:35 PM
0800howsmyflying
Quote:
Guys
Cheers

Hey Mudlark ....How’s that old yellow tipped traveller going?

This is where I get all my cells, great place to deal with...

https://www.nkon.nl/
Oct 18, 2019, 03:50 PM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captan Crash
Hey Mudlark ....How’s that old yellow tipped traveller going?
The good news is I haven't broken it yet.
Mainly because it's still in the box

Been a crappy year for doing stuff but I now seem to have a large window of time coming my way Evenings that is.

So just got an iNav board for it so shouldn't be long before it's up in the air. Sometime in February
Oct 18, 2019, 05:29 PM
CRASH,LAUGH,GLUE.
Forgot to make servo covers...180gsm carbon fabric with brushed on resin vacuumed over a 3d printed pattern... so simple to make functional parts that are super strong and light this way, have to sand it here and there, but very fast method compared to making a negative mould.

The ugly duckling is nearly ready for some make-up..
Oct 19, 2019, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tortoise
Nobody here tempted by the HD fpv systems ? for me its a wait & see
Yes, I was one of the guys who pre-orderded the FPV Blue system V2, having followed the thread from the start, and definitely felt it worth paying up front to support him. Very disappointed that he couldn't make the financials work as that unit was aimed primarily at fixed wing fliers, with support for full OSD.

The DJI system looks to be superb, but no OSD, limited range and propriatary. Byte Frost has been withdrawn from the market as FS can see it just isn't good enough in V1, takes too much bandwidth and the image while better, is not that much better to justify the price, and the range is modest, to say the least. Both are aimed at the quad market in the first instance. Given that Byte Frost used off the shelf components rather than design their own, it's maybe not surprising that the DJI unit was so much better, but at least there's some movement in this market. If I could see my Vector OSD in the DJI goggles, I'd probably go with those, but that's unlikely ever to happen, so more waiting. Maybe analogue will improve with greater bandwidth systems in the near term, medium definition at 780p rather than SD at 480p, before the hybrid analogue/digital BF comes back to the market as improved V2.
Oct 21, 2019, 01:27 PM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafu_999

Cheers
Have ordered a few and see how they are
Last edited by mudlark; Oct 21, 2019 at 02:32 PM.
Oct 22, 2019, 04:35 PM
Happy Days
what a waste of time

https://www.suasnews.com/2019/10/dro...eid=35222cffc2
Oct 23, 2019, 02:32 AM
Still flying a desk..
Quote:
Another great video from Bruce (even if he is sounding like he is picking holes in it a little bit).

The simple answer is quit the BMFA and fly 250G. This means that you are still legal and that your right to privacy is still protected.

So, that's a big own goal for the UK government:-
You'll just end up with a hobby that has gone from being organised with a fantastic saftey record to total choas with a bunch of disgruntled hobbyists that are uninsured and don't give a stuff about anything anymore.
Oct 23, 2019, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
Another great video from Bruce (even if he is sounding like he is picking holes in it a little bit).

The simple answer is quit the BMFA and fly 250G. This means that you are still legal and that your right to privacy is still protected.

So, that's a big own goal for the UK government:-
You'll just end up with a hobby that has gone from being organised with a fantastic saftey record to total choas with a bunch of disgruntled hobbyists that are uninsured and don't give a stuff about anything anymore.
Not sure its exactly a great video, so many errors and simply incorrect statements from him there. He needs to take care to be more accurate as he is damaging our sport.
Oct 23, 2019, 07:28 AM
Further to my last post, the UK model flying associations have not been forced to register the members and provide any data to the CAA, that is simply untrue. The UK associations have negotiated with the CAA so that their members (BUT ONLY IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO) can register with the CAA through their association.

Nobody is forced to do this however they can if they wish register directly with the CAA if they choose to do so, or not register at all, it is purely a matter for the individual. No information will be passed to the CAA unless members specifically give consent to register through their association, if that consent is not given by the individual they will not be registered with the CAA, it is that simple.

I'm afraid that video is the type of scaremongering that is going to do more damage to our hobby than any registration scheme or potential new regulation. It's irresponsible and spreading untruths.

Quick Reply