UK FPV Thread - Page 3814 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 14, 2018, 06:35 PM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippedwing
Anyone else got the Flyingwings.co.uk Revenge? I picked up one and not too sure what power setup to go with!
It really depends on what you want from it..
fast for 2 mins or slightly slower for 5-10 minutes.
Something like this will run 3 or 4S depending on what prop you use. E.G. 6*4 on 3s or 4.7*4.7 on 4s
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/propdriv...ner-motor.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2018, 08:03 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
Uksteve's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
It really depends on what you want from it..
fast for 2 mins or slightly slower for 5-10 minutes.
Something like this will run 3 or 4S depending on what prop you use. E.G. 6*4 on 3s or 4.7*4.7 on 4s
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/propdriv...ner-motor.html
lol, how 'fast' is fast exactly? im getting about 7 mins full throttle flight at about 45-50mph on a very inefficient airframe from a 2700mah 3s and a 1400kv 2212

that thing must be hauling some to do 2 mins lol

i am looking to go faster though, a lot faster
May 15, 2018, 01:54 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
It really depends on what you want from it..
fast for 2 mins or slightly slower for 5-10 minutes.
Something like this will run 3 or 4S depending on what prop you use. E.G. 6*4 on 3s or 4.7*4.7 on 4s
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/propdriv...ner-motor.html
That's very conservative propping, if you want to go fast... though the motor and batteries will last longer than mine do

Malc
May 15, 2018, 03:14 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uksteve
lol, how 'fast' is fast exactly? im getting about 7 mins full throttle flight at about 45-50mph on a very inefficient airframe from a 2700mah 3s and a 1400kv 2212

that thing must be hauling some to do 2 mins lol

i am looking to go faster though, a lot faster
I don't think I fly anything that goes that slow

Just remember the square rule: - To go twice as fast you need 4 times more energy. I.E. there is a trade off between speed and burning li-pos/frying motors Etc.
I guess it's a question of how fast you want to go vs how long you want your flight to last.
Personally I try to stay somewhere in the middle. E.G. My Mini Drak can hit 100mph in level flight and still cruise around for approx' 20mins if I want to.
May 15, 2018, 03:15 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz
That's very conservative propping, if you want to go fast... though the motor and batteries will last longer than mine do

Malc
It was a guess off the top of my head.
I don't like puffy li-pos and very short flights
May 15, 2018, 03:26 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tortoise
IRC Tramp works well for me , handy as you can change the power & channels when switched off with the wand & now the Android app.
Ooh.. now that sounds interesting.
Do you use a fatshark or a third party receiver?
Do you use any Chinese transmitters?

I'm wondering if IRC sorted the tramp so that it is 100% compatible with a genuine fatshark reciever module and also works 100% with Chinese transmitters on the other channels. I say this because the genuine FS/IRC stuff use airwave modules. The Chinese stuff uses skyRC modules.
I had an vortex 150 (that has a tramp in it) and the picture wasn't great but I think that was more to do with the camera than the VTX itself.
May 15, 2018, 03:39 AM
Registered User
dp106's Avatar
Re the revenge I am running a NTM Prop Drive V2 2836 2200kv with a 2200 4s battery. Top speed I've recorded so far is 92mph. I'm using puffy zippy 25c batteries though, reckon I could get more with a decent graphene.

For me the revenge is not intended to go slow, if you want to cruise a Falcon Evo is probably a better option. That said she's no slouch even at half throttle and could easily get 10+ minutes at that speed. I've not timed my flights, I just come down to give my heart a chance to calm down again

There's flight footage on my YouTube channel if you want to see how it handles. The next question is normally can you get inav in it... My answer would be it's possible but would be a very tight fit to get everything in
May 15, 2018, 07:30 AM
Premium Registered User
Giant Tortoise's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
Ooh.. now that sounds interesting.
Do you use a fatshark or a third party receiver?
Do you use any Chinese transmitters?

I'm wondering if IRC sorted the tramp so that it is 100% compatible with a genuine fatshark reciever module and also works 100% with Chinese transmitters on the other channels. I say this because the genuine FS/IRC stuff use airwave modules. The Chinese stuff uses skyRC modules.
I had an vortex 150 (that has a tramp in it) and the picture wasn't great but I think that was more to do with the camera than the VTX itself.
I use the FS Oled receiver basic but works well for me.

I also use a Eachine FT48X .25/25/200/600 TX that also works good.
Last edited by Giant Tortoise; May 15, 2018 at 10:46 AM.
May 15, 2018, 08:22 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tortoise
I use the FS Oled receiver basic but works well for me.

I also use a Eachine 25/200/600 TX that also works good.
I didn't know that FS ever made an OLED receiver
May 15, 2018, 08:25 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp106
Re the revenge I am running a NTM Prop Drive V2 2836 2200kv with a 2200 4s battery. Top speed I've recorded so far is 92mph. I'm using puffy zippy 25c batteries though, reckon I could get more with a decent graphene.

For me the revenge is not intended to go slow, if you want to cruise a Falcon Evo is probably a better option. That said she's no slouch even at half throttle and could easily get 10+ minutes at that speed. I've not timed my flights, I just come down to give my heart a chance to calm down again

There's flight footage on my YouTube channel if you want to see how it handles. The next question is normally can you get inav in it... My answer would be it's possible but would be a very tight fit to get everything in
Yeah I think if/when I build one I'd be using 1800 Graphenes (because that's all I' ve got )
The Revenge is defo' a contender for my next wing simply because you can put a range of batteries in it.
May 15, 2018, 09:24 AM
Hot glue will fix anything!
Uksteve's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
I don't think I fly anything that goes that slow

Just remember the square rule: - To go twice as fast you need 4 times more energy. I.E. there is a trade off between speed and burning li-pos/frying motors Etc.
I guess it's a question of how fast you want to go vs how long you want your flight to last.
Personally I try to stay somewhere in the middle. E.G. My Mini Drak can hit 100mph in level flight and still cruise around for approx' 20mins if I want to.
I've seen a video of the mini drak and that thing is cool!

I've been looking at a 2600kv motor that on paper pulls 1300g with a 6x4 on 3s and draws 36.5A.

Generally the faster motors don't produce that much thrust and is more than I'm flying on now with a slower motor and a 9x5, so if on paper its correct, I'd gain more thrust and a shed load more speed but pull 16A more current too which I'm OK with.
May 15, 2018, 01:14 PM
Premium Registered User
Giant Tortoise's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
I didn't know that FS ever made an OLED receiver
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Module-FSV2446

It has a lovely flush fitting been official but lacks the buzz function "diversity" so you probably would've have missed it
Last edited by Giant Tortoise; May 15, 2018 at 04:28 PM.
May 15, 2018, 03:16 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer
What VTX's are people using these days??

I'm thinking of getting either a Revenge or a Spec Wing.
Has anyone got an opinion on either?
TS832, in two planes because they were a tenner a pop and work all good, 3km
An Eachine TX526 in the S800, good for 2km so far.
Tramp in the Spec wing, not tested range yet,
May 15, 2018, 05:10 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar

Spec Wing


Re-maidened the Spec Wing, this time with full FPV gear and laminate.

Did a quick flight first LoS, and ended up decking it, snapping a spar, cracking the foam, but it still felt solid, so some hotglue and lobbed it again.

Had a right good flight, still nippy on 3s, nice and twisty!

Next, to get another kit on order and go get this one through some gaps!

Flyingwings Spec Wing - FPV - Maiden (2 min 3 sec)
May 15, 2018, 09:09 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
Uksteve's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC
Re-maidened the Spec Wing, this time with full FPV gear and laminate.

Did a quick flight first LoS, and ended up decking it, snapping a spar, cracking the foam, but it still felt solid, so some hotglue and lobbed it again.

Had a right good flight, still nippy on 3s, nice and twisty!

Next, to get another kit on order and go get this one through some gaps!

https://youtu.be/Q9MU-BV7yIk
is it the hot weather and the wind or do wings naturally bounce around like that?

i fly over farmland and low passes at around 50 and my plane is doing a little dance as i pass over tracks and bare patches of field where the rising heat is different, it wags its tail lol.

do you know how fast that is? im guessing my planes speed based on the speed limit of the road that runs along where i fly and i recon im doing around 50.

This is my daily flyer, you can see the tail wag im talking about clearly in this video.
Flite test never envisaged if being flown the way i fly it, its gets taken to the clouds regularly or ragged low down, they thought they were designing a docile trainer plane but with enough power its a very capable plane for a high wing foamboard job and its like a flying tank, it can take so many hits and get back up its crazy!

I warm up at the video progresses and get smoother and faster and even give the cars a inverted huh? moment lol.
In the later parts of the video you can see a shadow now and then which helps to judge speed, the road is a 60 limit.

Low and fast fun - FT Simple Cub on steroids :) (7 min 22 sec)
Last edited by Uksteve; May 15, 2018 at 09:25 PM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 12053 Today 09:32 AM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 107 Jan 26, 2017 12:41 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Jan 31, 2016 02:37 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM