Apr 25, 2014, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC
Think Micro Vtx's are required, gonna give mine another test see if I can find out whats wrong with it,

might have them multistars off you at month end, had to sell the phantom for another house move, so gotta see what dosh is left,
Yeah still looking at the micro 200mw from that site. Let us know how you get on with it, I def wanna grab a couple at some point if it's as good as it looks.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2014, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodjack
yeh no probs,its only sat in the wardrobe
pm me when you ready..cheers
Awsome, cheers I'll pm you on Monday to get your paypal details!
Apr 25, 2014, 03:46 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezroller
Sorry ive only just started my delve into the world of kk2's, is that stock or flashed?

Yeah I'm running simonk mystery 12s, originally got them cos the multistar 10s were out but they seem to be the best amp capability to weight ratio escs out there.
I think they come with 1.6 now but the 1.6++rev3 is a flash I put on it.
biggest reason for not using the multistar 10 is you can flash them with simonk easily.
Apr 25, 2014, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz
Reckon the connectors can be cut and modded for FPV?? at 24usd and free shipping i'm very tempted!

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...b53f-161180521
Yes - looks like the standard power/ground/video on one connector and the osd menu on the other. Easy to chop the wires near the small connector and extend to your video transmitter and keep the osd menu bit separate to plug in for set up changes...

Malc
Apr 25, 2014, 05:57 PM
Happy Days
another one
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...rogrammer.html
Apr 26, 2014, 02:26 AM
Rsc
Rsc
HELP
I got this problem... i got lots of problems, but this is my biggest at mo, QAV520g.. It seems to have no power at all, i'm hovering around 80% on the throttle and has this tendency to drop a corner when yawing!

Ive tried it with a naza and a CC3D, its just not right. I have calibrated the esc's.

Setup

T-motor MT4006-13
10" graupner props
HK 30amp esc, flashed with latest SK firmware
readymaderc 5100 4s 35c batt.

This is doing my head in, anyone have any ideas?

Rob
Apr 26, 2014, 02:34 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
How much weight you packing in there rob?

CJ
Apr 26, 2014, 02:49 AM
Rsc
Rsc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
How much weight you packing in there rob?

CJ
Just under 2kg's i believe this is light for a QAV540g frame!
Apr 26, 2014, 04:44 AM
Still flying a desk..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Come on Dave you're slipping. I bought one yesterday
Apr 26, 2014, 04:47 AM
Still flying a desk..
Have I been a sleep? What happened about the bounce in the end?
Answers on a PM please
Apr 26, 2014, 07:25 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsc
Just under 2kg's i believe this is light for a QAV540g frame!
What's the voltage of your lipo at 80%? Might give an idea of drop off.

Look at it objectively. There are few factors involved with your hover point;
1: weight
2: thrust

There's a few more factors that can effect these points;
1: mad throttle curve
2: sagging lipo, either old and tired or not good enough in the first place. On paper your lipo can deliver 178.5A, I often find these figures are drastically over or under exaggerated.
3: restrictive power distribution loom

We can rule out a few things too;
1: bad motors, the likelyhood of them all being useless only happens once and that's if you bought the wrong ones (a very expensive mistake I've made with motors and ESC's)
2: dud ESC's, see above
3: dodgy prop adapters, if they were all loose at once you'd know.

So. Things to look at are your radio, make sure there are no weird mixes or curves in place.
Your lipo, test each motor individually on an ammeter, make sure they all match up then add the max amps together, and see if that's what you actually pull when they are all in at WOT.
See if there's any hot spots in your loom or dodgy connectors most likely battery side if net thrust is suffering.

If you have the means, check actual motor thrust for yourself to see if you're within your weight limit. A good place to be with a multi is at least a 2:1 thrust to weight ratio. It's very simple to make up a rig to test this. A big right angle of wood or some such, both sides of equal length (very important for thoes whom do or don't understand the principles of leverage). A pivot in the middle, strap the motor on one end, put some weighing scales on the other, put the weight of the motor on the scales and zero, let 'er rip and watch the scales.

Food for thought.

CJ
Last edited by Carlos230023; Apr 26, 2014 at 07:32 AM.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:51 AM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsc
HELP
I got this problem... i got lots of problems, but this is my biggest at mo, QAV520g.. It seems to have no power at all, i'm hovering around 80% on the throttle and has this tendency to drop a corner when yawing!

Ive tried it with a naza and a CC3D, its just not right. I have calibrated the esc's.

Setup

T-motor MT4006-13
10" graupner props
HK 30amp esc, flashed with latest SK firmware
readymaderc 5100 4s 35c batt.

This is doing my head in, anyone have any ideas?

Rob
Try different props.
The graupners need a lot of RPM to fly well.
Also try and use carbon props 10x4.5's the slow fly shaped ones
Apr 26, 2014, 01:14 PM
Rsc
Rsc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
What's the voltage of your lipo at 80%? Might give an idea of drop off.

Look at it objectively. There are few factors involved with your hover point;
1: weight
2: thrust

There's a few more factors that can effect these points;
1: mad throttle curve
2: sagging lipo, either old and tired or not good enough in the first place. On paper your lipo can deliver 178.5A, I often find these figures are drastically over or under exaggerated.
3: restrictive power distribution loom

We can rule out a few things too;
1: bad motors, the likelyhood of them all being useless only happens once and that's if you bought the wrong ones (a very expensive mistake I've made with motors and ESC's)
2: dud ESC's, see above
3: dodgy prop adapters, if they were all loose at once you'd know.

So. Things to look at are your radio, make sure there are no weird mixes or curves in place.
Your lipo, test each motor individually on an ammeter, make sure they all match up then add the max amps together, and see if that's what you actually pull when they are all in at WOT.
See if there's any hot spots in your loom or dodgy connectors most likely battery side if net thrust is suffering.

If you have the means, check actual motor thrust for yourself to see if you're within your weight limit. A good place to be with a multi is at least a 2:1 thrust to weight ratio. It's very simple to make up a rig to test this. A big right angle of wood or some such, both sides of equal length (very important for thoes whom do or don't understand the principles of leverage). A pivot in the middle, strap the motor on one end, put some weighing scales on the other, put the weight of the motor on the scales and zero, let 'er rip and watch the scales.

Food for thought.

CJ
... dam hoping you were gonna say " yea i had this problem.. fixed it in 2 seconds by doing this .... "

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Try different props.
The graupners need a lot of RPM to fly well.
Also try and use carbon props 10x4.5's the slow fly shaped ones

Thanks for your help guys.. i think the esc's are not performing so well so going through the painful process of dismantling and replacing to make sure, as well as some meaty props..
Rob
Apr 26, 2014, 01:16 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
New record on the 250 10min 30second flight with mobius and standard 200mw vtx, auw 409g but I could shave more off it with a little playing.
Kk2 performed perfectly even in the current winds we are getting.

Lipo charged and 854mah back in again with the standard 3s 1000mah Lipo. So timer set to 10mins will be a perfect running time.

Both motors and esc's cool to the touch. Motors and 3 blade props offered more than enough power with mental change of direction achievable.

I seriously need to practice
Apr 26, 2014, 01:48 PM
Did someone have 4 multi something 10amp speed controllers for sale?

Quick Reply