Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:50 AM
ezroller is offline
Find More Posts by ezroller
ezroller's Avatar
was wondering why he didnt take the flitetest crew with him,

I guess he's had this footage for a little while then as I thought he was staying in the US for a year.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:18 PM
badlands is online now
Find More Posts by badlands
When in doubt, throttle out...
badlands's Avatar
Managed to get out this week on the best day of the year so far...

Shadows (3 min 10 sec)


:-)
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:35 PM
sidneylopsides is offline
Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Registered User
Phone is for 1080p HDR video, GPS logging and to test how well it survives. Plus, then I'd have a phone that has been in space :-P
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:03 PM
yogz is offline
Find More Posts by yogz
Registered User
Martin - have you been barred from the Dragon Link Video competition yet? or isn't it running anymore? Ace vid as usual, your skills surpase those of a Jedi now! Shared on my FB page, and already had a couple of likes - I have around 50 folks who wath any FPV vids I put up (only put the decent ones on ) Hope alls well 'up there' and that our paths cross agin real soon mate

Paul
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:10 PM
MikeTheCrash is offline
Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
Managed to get out this week on the best day of the year so far...

http://vimeo.com/61350753

:-)
under the benches at wot, cool!
looks like Rachel did a good job spotting.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:32 PM
dallibab is offline
Find More Posts by dallibab
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
Managed to get out this week on the best day of the year so far...

http://vimeo.com/61350753

:-)
Wicked as ever
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:41 AM
ecreative is offline
Find More Posts by ecreative
It's all about Quadcopters
Hey

Has anyone tried out an ExplorerHD camera as don't fancy putting a GoPro on my Quad
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:02 AM
Wayno Complaino is offline
Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
Nice flying badlands
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:05 AM
blackbrabus is online now
Find More Posts by blackbrabus
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
Is that the one from foxtech? If so it's got some great reviews.
This might be a basic question but my Sony 600 on my screen looks best on 4.3 ratio.....but doesn't use the whole screen 16.9 ......when I widen it the image is no we're near as accurate to real life.....anything I can do to use the while screen but a better ratio??
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:26 AM
blackbrabus is online now
Find More Posts by blackbrabus
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
Anyone seen one of these before...
Name: IMAG1053.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 147.3 KB
Description:

Name: IMAG1054.jpg
Views: 65
Size: 126.7 KB
Description:

Name: IMAG1057.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 156.4 KB
Description:
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:55 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Anyone seen one of these before...
Attachment 5599923

Attachment 5599924

Attachment 5599925
Kinda looks like a deshelled parrot
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:00 PM
Carlos230023 is offline
Find More Posts by Carlos230023
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Anyone seen one of these before...
Attachment 5599923

Attachment 5599924

Attachment 5599925
Yup. Looks like a walkera UFO series quad. I got the UFO 4 or 5 a few years ago just after quad powered came on the scene (predecessor to hoverfly) so were talking at least 3 years. No weight carrying capacity. 750mah 2s lipo and 2.4ghz control through a walkera brand Tx. It could take the modern tiny VTx's and cameras available today. But when I had one my only option for tiny size was a little wireless 900mhz security camera with built in Tx run off a 9v battery. Far too much for that little quad to take. I could get about 60 seconds flight time before the lipo voltage dipped so much that WOT wasn't enough to get airborne. I guess in that sense I'm the original multirotor FPV'r lol.

CJ
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:21 PM
blackbrabus is online now
Find More Posts by blackbrabus
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Yup. Looks like a walkera UFO series quad. I got the UFO 4 or 5 a few years ago just after quad powered came on the scene (predecessor to hoverfly) so were talking at least 3 years. No weight carrying capacity. 750mah 2s lipo and 2.4ghz control through a walkera brand Tx. It could take the modern tiny VTx's and cameras available today. But when I had one my only option for tiny size was a little wireless 900mhz security camera with built in Tx run off a 9v battery. Far too much for that little quad to take. I could get about 60 seconds flight time before the lipo voltage dipped so much that WOT wasn't enough to get airborne. I guess in that sense I'm the original multirotor FPV'r lol.

CJ
The father in law picked it up st a car boot to practice with.
I love the old gyro.
I have had this flying via an umbilical power cord attached to a 12v motorbike battery.
It's very.twitchy and no heading hold.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:23 PM
NCUK is online now
Find More Posts by NCUK
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Anyone seen one of these before...
Attachment 5599923

Attachment 5599924

Attachment 5599925
its a silverlit x-ufo minus the foam protection http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/xufo-body.htm
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:58 PM
blackbrabus is online now
Find More Posts by blackbrabus
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCUK View Post
its a silverlit x-ufo minus the foam protection http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/xufo-body.htm
Cheers for that, it's a bit if fun but I might look at ways of improving it.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11342 Today 10:46 AM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 98 Jul 21, 2016 03:14 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Jan 31, 2016 03:37 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 03:13 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM