Feb 16, 2013, 05:37 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
I flew too!!

crash:-

How to land and how not to land (1 min 7 sec)

nice views and I really enjoyed using the Dennis Frie arduino-based pan/tilt sensor I'l ldo a video of it in a bit
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2013, 05:37 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
completely agree, great to get out and fly.

heres an unedited quad flight with lots of fast, low and proximity flying. I was having so much fun at full throttle that my esc's shut down before my timer sounded.

http://youtu.be/6ygiY7C7SJ4
impressive performance, lucky you were low and slow when the esc gave up
Feb 16, 2013, 06:45 PM
Happy Days
Nice couple of videos there.
Highs and lows

Who's up at MK tomorrow??

Got to do some testing of the 1900 wing on the Skywalker and QAV FLIP 500
Feb 16, 2013, 06:53 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Nice couple of videos there.
Highs and lows

Who's up at MK tomorrow??

Got to do some testing of the 1900 wing on the Skywalker and QAV FLIP 500
i'll be there if the weather contributes
Feb 16, 2013, 06:58 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash
I flew too!!

crash:-

http://youtu.be/ltmSiwFWx_U

nice views and I really enjoyed using the Dennis Frie arduino-based pan/tilt sensor I'l ldo a video of it in a bit
Any serious damage caused??
Feb 16, 2013, 07:10 PM
Just put it on the credit card
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus
Giant shark??
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
giantshark.co.uk
Thanks guys!
Feb 16, 2013, 07:27 PM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
i'll be there if the weather contributes
Cheers
see you tomorrow
Feb 17, 2013, 02:27 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Grrr, still doing my private job, guess ill drop down next weekend if the weather is still playing ball. Nice vids guys.

CJ
Feb 17, 2013, 03:19 AM
Cable ties & ductape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
completely agree, great to get out and fly.

heres an unedited quad flight with lots of fast, low and proximity flying. I was having so much fun at full throttle that my esc's shut down before my timer sounded.

http://youtu.be/6ygiY7C7SJ4
Nice flying =D
Feb 17, 2013, 04:29 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Any serious damage caused??
nothing a bucket of epoxy can't cure!

video using head tracker:
Chertsey Meads Waterlogged (4 min 9 sec)
Feb 17, 2013, 06:17 AM
Cable ties & ductape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash
nothing a bucket of epoxy can't cure!

video using head tracker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompsR...5emI4A&index=1
Headtracker seems nice and smooth!

And Ouch! on the crash!

Got some photos done with the quadcopter again today, need something that will last longer =[ only getting around 3 minutes flight time before the KK2 is buzzing like mad!
Getting more confident using the screen most of the time now, although had a small crash from a quick landing, followed by gust of wind about 2 foot off the ground, just snapped the landing gear and got sand all over the frame =]
Feb 17, 2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC

And Ouch! on the crash!

Got some photos done with the quadcopter again today, need something that will last longer =[ only getting around 3 minutes flight time before the KK2 is buzzing like mad!
Getting more confident using the screen most of the time now, although had a small crash from a quick landing, followed by gust of wind about 2 foot off the ground, just snapped the landing gear and got sand all over the frame =]
Have you set the kk2 voltage alarm? mine starts beeping waaaaaay before I have to land and if I take off full throttle on a new battery it beeps. I just ignore it now until it's just a constant beeping. I sohuld adjust it really, just haven't got round to it.
Feb 17, 2013, 07:26 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC

And Ouch! on the crash!

3 mins is nothing....what's your setup chap.....motors ,prop,weight,Lipo etc etc.
Feb 17, 2013, 09:01 AM
Cable ties & ductape
Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred
Have you set the kk2 voltage alarm? mine starts beeping waaaaaay before I have to land and if I take off full throttle on a new battery it beeps. I just ignore it now until it's just a constant beeping. I sohuld adjust it really, just haven't got round to it.
Yep, set the alarm etc, mine does the same.
When it flatlines, then its time to land!

Quote:
3 mins is nothing....what's your setup chap.....motors ,prop,weight,Lipo etc etc.
Motors: NTM 28-26 1200kv
ESC: Red Brick 30a
Lipo: 2200 3s 25-30C
Props: 8045
Weight, standard around 1.2kg w/lipo - but also added GoPro, board camera and 200mw Vtx and Nimrod antennas (which are quite heavy!)
Feb 17, 2013, 11:04 AM
DD FPV is where it's at
Check this out on flea bay, unique heavy lift tri ....... item number 230930810279

I tried flew today V BLUSTERY, just flew LOS to test a friends model (newbie), good to get some thumb twiddling in nevertheless...

Quick Reply