New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:18 AM
ezroller is offline
Find More Posts by ezroller
ezroller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
How cheap is cheap, I bought a set of head rest monitors for my kids.........I have now nicked one for fpv, not the best quality but at less than 15 quid a screen I can't moan.
I was however looking at this, you can even disable the blue screen......it just the power supply that needs working on.
well tv's are dirt cheap now, 22 inchers are only 100 quid from asda but then, like you said, a power supply would be needed.

Ideally im after a battery powered monitor of some sort, have been looking at portable dvd players on ebay.

anyone use non-battery powered monitors? if so how do you run yours?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:26 AM
ezroller is offline
Find More Posts by ezroller
ezroller's Avatar
just had a look at one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/portable-power-pack-225153

looks like it could run a TV for a couple of hours, much longer than all my lipos would last. would help me get by till my budget allows for some goggles or 'proper' monitor.

can any one see a problem with using this?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:29 AM
frank48 is online now
Find More Posts by frank48
Went to mow a meadow
frank48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezroller View Post
just had a look at one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/portable-power-pack-225153

looks like it could run a TV for a couple of hours, much longer than all my lipos would last. would help me get by till my budget allows for some goggles or 'proper' monitor.

can any one see a problem with using this?
Looks expensive to me - but then again some people might say - Franks a tight @ss!. I think Maplin stuffs way overpriced.

Why don't you look at a sealed lead acid battery? 12v 5Ah should last a while

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/lead-acid.html

Frank
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:00 AM
blackbrabus is online now
Find More Posts by blackbrabus
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
I think theory being plug and play with a socketed tv like the one I posted.
Buy I'm sure Yeh screen itself only uses 12v the question is how to wire it up.
And this might be silly but the tv I posted looks better spec wise than any of the fpv screens or goggles I have seen, so why do people pay for the smaller fpv screens.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:04 AM
DodgeRC is online now
Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
I think theory being plug and play with a socketed tv like the one I posted.
Buy I'm sure Yeh screen itself only uses 12v the question is how to wire it up.
And this might be silly but the tv I posted looks better spec wise than any of the fpv screens or goggles I have seen, so why do people pay for the smaller fpv screens.
I think because its easier to carry round a small 7" monitor that to lug a 19" monitor about =]

But if your paying 90 for the monitor, then 50 for the power supply, then possibly 10 on fittings etc, you might as well just save up the extra 40 and get some goggles =]
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:05 AM
BenLimeClouds is offline
Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
BenLimeClouds's Avatar
I brought a Tv from asda for 80 runs off 12v I think its like 18"

I just use a lead acid battery, havent charged it for 2 months, still powers up on 11v
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:09 AM
BenLimeClouds is offline
Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
BenLimeClouds's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLimeClouds View Post
Just brought a nice 15.6inch tv from ASDA 13v for 90...

Scrables when signal is really low, but then goes black saying signal is lost! REALLY light weight!

http://m.direct.asda.com/Polaroid-PL...efault,pd.html
I posted this ages ago, no one noticed
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:09 AM
frank48 is online now
Find More Posts by frank48
Went to mow a meadow
frank48's Avatar
+1

Lead acid battery 10
7" Screen from China or broken Portable DVD player another tenner, stick 'em in a box or old briefcase - jobs a good un
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:18 AM
blackbrabus is online now
Find More Posts by blackbrabus
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLimeClouds View Post
I posted this ages ago, no one noticed
It's now only 70 quid but out of stock.....your link gave me the idea but I wasn't at the stage to buy......how are you finding the "no signal" issue, does it cause much if a delay when the signal is regained.
I was planning on taking my kit to the shop and testing the 19 for this problem.
And I drive to my field so only a case if carrying the screen 100foot.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:19 AM
dallibab is offline
Find More Posts by dallibab
Registered User
Try to get one that doesn't go to blue screen when you loose your signal
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:22 AM
BenLimeClouds is offline
Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
BenLimeClouds's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
It's now only 70 quid but out of stock.....your link gave me the idea but I wasn't at the stage to buy......how are you finding the "no signal" issue, does it cause much if a delay when the signal is regained.
I was planning on taking my kit to the shop and testing the 19 for this problem.
And I drive to my field so only a case if carrying the screen 100foot.
I dont get any now beacuse of my japan DVR...

VRx into the DVR, DVR to TV

When DVR has static, it stops the TV from blue screen! I like this Tv because its nice and big, but really light!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:22 AM
DodgeRC is online now
Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
Getting close to history...

https://vimeo.com/49514917

:-)
Jsut seen this!
Some ace close flying!

How did you not hit anything!? lol
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:30 AM
DodgeRC is online now
Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLimeClouds View Post
VRx into the DVR, DVR to TV...
Good thinking!
What capacity of 12v Lead acid is best for a TV like this?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:36 AM
BenLimeClouds is offline
Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
BenLimeClouds's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Good thinking!
What capacity of 12v Lead acid is best for a TV like this?
I think mines 7Ah, last a good while! Its also a LED Tv, so the current drain is lower than a normal TV

Ill pull some pictures later! I juct chopped off the plug, and directly power it on the battery, although i should really get an inline fuse!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:37 AM
blackbrabus is online now
Find More Posts by blackbrabus
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLimeClouds View Post
I dont get any now beacuse of my japan DVR...

VRx into the DVR, DVR to TV

When DVR has static, it stops the TV from blue screen! I like this Tv because its nice and big, but really light!
Sorry to be a pain but any links.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11349 Today 04:19 AM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 98 Jul 21, 2016 03:14 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Jan 31, 2016 03:37 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 03:13 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM