UK FPV Thread - Page 1258 - RC Groups
Jan 06, 2013, 05:51 AM
I Love Tea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC
OK don't laugh, this is the first time I have done some actual editing of videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9DI...ature=youtu.be
Nice vid Dodge, looks like a good fun flight. And any video with a dog in it gets my vote
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2013, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
Good old magnetic media. I wonder if old VHS tape doubled up a few times would meet with the same effect. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't have 300 boxes of the old buggers in the loft :P.

CJ
I did try try VHS tape it worked but it is so flimsy it was harder to work into the wing slit .
Trust me, if you want a ideal material for zero cost zero effort strong hinges try the disc out of an old floppy

Jeff
Jan 06, 2013, 06:02 AM
Happy Days
It's a bit foggy down here.
What's it like in MK?
Was thinking of bringing up the URSUS for that guy to have a look at.
Jan 06, 2013, 06:18 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
It's looking good mudders. I believe I can extend an invite .

CJ
Jan 06, 2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
that raises an interesting fact...I underestimated the dangers of a quad ! if the quad remained undisturbed after shredding some depron it means 2 things:

-the prop blades are sharp
-the quad is a powerful device

so, a quad in your face has a serious chance to re-arrange the way you smile..
I have always laughed at quads being flown in close proximity to people in the pits at the flying field (never mind the antics of he-who-not-be-named friend) but now I will be a bit more weary
Well, the prop and motor combination that almost removed the end of my finger last year (and took the best part of 9 months to grow the nail out) was one of the four 24g motors that are currently strapped to my mini quad. The way I view Multirotors is basically a mortifying vision of rotating chainsaws that we hover over our heads. Even the dinky hubsan X4 has left a few small cuts, and that uses two inch props!

I expect if anyone took a full frontal blow from a carbon propped beast like a flame wheel or something of similar size, the results would be hospitalising.

But then again, guns aren't dangerous, people who shoot them are.

CJ
Jan 06, 2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup
I did try try VHS tape it worked but it is so flimsy it was harder to work into the wing slit .
Trust me, if you want a ideal material for zero cost zero effort strong hinges try the disc out of an old floppy

Jeff
Rats, I have an almost inexhaustible supply of VHS media :P.

CJ
Jan 06, 2013, 06:30 AM
There's an EPP quad frame on hobbyking, anyone seen that used? I was thinking of trying it as it would be safer.
Edit- it looks a bit like a parrot ar drone, so the blades are enclosed.
Jan 06, 2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
Nicks flying his quad, that's all of us then and enough to have a good old race.

Don't worry nick, I'll let you have a practice flight first ;-)

Apart from John who has been practicing a lot I think the rest of us are pretty evenly matched, it's more a matter of if the arms fall of CJs printed quad or Frank chops his toes off.
Mate i've had two attempts at flying it, i cant even keep it the air let alone race it.
Jan 06, 2013, 07:02 AM
Just put it on the credit card
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
that raises an interesting fact...I underestimated the dangers of a quad ! if the quad remained undisturbed after shredding some depron it means 2 things:

-the prop blades are sharp
-the quad is a powerful device

so, a quad in your face has a serious chance to re-arrange the way you smile..
I have always laughed at quads being flown in close proximity to people in the pits at the flying field (never mind the antics of he-who-not-be-named friend) but now I will be a bit more weary
I am a bit concerned with how sharp my Graupner props are.
Jan 06, 2013, 07:12 AM
Happy Days
Just heading up. Hope it's better visibility than it is here
Jan 06, 2013, 07:28 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Short video of my second flight.
It's good fun but the yaw rate is very slow compared to my much larger tri.
Any ideas how I could speed the yaw rate up?
Hobbyking 450 quad.....second flight. (2 min 39 sec)
Jan 06, 2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
Rats, I have an almost inexhaustible supply of VHS media :P.

CJ
Aint we all, in a previous life and as a side line to my job I had a couple of video shops I think I still have several hundred tapes in my loft

There must be a use for them.................... Huuuuummmmmm
Jan 06, 2013, 09:51 AM
Cable ties & ductape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup
Aint we all, in a previous life and as a side line to my job I had a couple of video shops I think I still have several hundred tapes in my loft

There must be a use for them.................... Huuuuummmmmm
Quad-Combat combat =P
Jan 06, 2013, 09:54 AM
Cable ties & ductape

Another DOSD question...

I've seen a few posts about using the DOSD with KK2, anyone tried this?

So in theory this would save on a FY-30A. and you could still use the Xlator for artificial horizon?
Jan 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
I Like Popcorn
KK2 will provide stabilisation if you use the right firmware but will not output an AH to the DOSD. You still need an FY-30A (and the Xlator) to get the AH.