Thread Tools
Dec 17, 2012, 02:13 PM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
I'd say it was a real video.
But not for me
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2012, 02:15 PM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
Any-one seen or know any thing about these??

http://store.fpvbox.com/index.php?ro...&product_id=52
Dec 17, 2012, 03:06 PM
Just put it on the credit card
JaeDubbya's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
Glad the dog didn't hurt you or your kid and you got the plane down safe!

In other news, here is a very proud rcmonster99 on the Dirty Dozens 'new' mower...
Attachment 5379173
Attachment 5379174
Do you really need to cut the grass this time of year? Or is rcmonster99 just testing it out?
Dec 17, 2012, 03:43 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
badlands's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Any-one seen or know any thing about these??

http://store.fpvbox.com/index.php?ro...&product_id=52
I dont - but wow - nice bit of kit...
Dec 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya
Do you really need to cut the grass this time of year? Or is rcmonster99 just testing it out?
The strip has been in a pretty poor state for a while now, the double bladed mower was really suffering and doing quite a poor lumpy cut. A rotary mower does a far superior job when compared with a flat blade. We really do need to do some repairs to the strip in the spring.

CJ
Dec 17, 2012, 04:05 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodss
Did someone say noone would build an EDF quadcopter?

How about a tricopter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoTEvCUndyY
Doesn't look faked to me, the movement is too random to have been CGI'd. But I expect the length of that video is the duration of his battery pack. Having tested my globalhawk's motor on the bench when compared to a similar thrust prop, the flight time at WOT is literally less than a third!

CJ
Dec 17, 2012, 04:39 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya
Do you really need to cut the grass this time of year? Or is rcmonster99 just testing it out?
the grass was relatively short but "lumpy" some grass patches seem to grow faster than the others giving an uneven surface. this was a cut to tidy up the runway.
this mower did the whole runway in 30 mins !
I will need to restore the plastic rollers that support the cutters. I will need a lathe
Dec 17, 2012, 04:42 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
So how many people watched the gadget show....and now have that "lapse it "app
Dec 17, 2012, 04:43 PM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Any-one seen or know any thing about these??

http://store.fpvbox.com/index.php?ro...&product_id=52
There is a thread about it over on fpvlab I seem to remember
Dec 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
the grass was relatively short but "lumpy" some grass patches seem to grow faster than the others giving an uneven surface. this was a cut to tidy up the runway.
this mower did the whole runway in 30 mins !
I will need to restore the plastic rollers that support the cutters. I will need a lathe
Need some new ones printing? :P

CJ
Dec 17, 2012, 05:27 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
Need some new ones printing? :P

CJ
funny enough we were kinda joking about that but I doubt the printed rollers will be strong enough. quick and cheap alternative is to use nylon rods...
Dec 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
I can print in nylon lol. I think you'd be surprised how tough some of these components are! :P.

CJ
Dec 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus
So how many people watched the gadget show....and now have that "lapse it "app
Haha was just about to try it out.
Sort of working at kings cross well drinking coffee if truth be known.
Trying it now
Dec 17, 2012, 05:43 PM
I Like Popcorn
flylite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Haha was just about to try it out.
Sort of working at kings cross well drinking coffee if truth be known.
Trying it now
Fancy some night flying
Dec 18, 2012, 06:12 AM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite
Fancy some night flying

??
Great space to fly in but I don't fancy my chances.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11630 Yesterday 10:31 PM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 107 Jan 26, 2017 12:41 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Jan 31, 2016 02:37 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM