Dec 11, 2012, 02:59 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
I have a spare 25mw, it's the old large one though.
Want to pm a price?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
The PSU is up and running. 20mins of soldering well most of that was figuring out the best output plugs to use out of the ones I could find. Didn't fancy a trip to Craplins.
Yep plugged it in and no smoke. just the sound of a fan running and a green led.
Now charging a 3s 3amp battery at 3amps just to break it in. So far so good and so cheap
I got one after bounce last year, James sent me a link on the wiring easy eh.

Does your psu have a fan in it ? mine didnt and overheated, I just wacked a little pc fan on one end and it sorted it out.
Dec 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Quote:
My warthox quad weighs about 600g with a 2200 3s, it's fast, way faster than my Disco could be.
I cant seem to find the frame to buy....where do you get one from?
Dec 11, 2012, 04:07 PM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab
I got one after bounce last year, James sent me a link on the wiring easy eh.

Does your psu have a fan in it ? mine didnt and overheated, I just wacked a little pc fan on one end and it sorted it out.
Yep came with a fan. Doesn't get hot at all. Only chucked 8.5 amps through it so far and no problems.

This thing is great.
Dec 11, 2012, 04:52 PM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
What's the max amps they can deliver? 6a is the most my charger can on a single battery.
Dec 11, 2012, 05:19 PM
Happy Days
Quote:
What's the max amps they can deliver? 6a is the most my charger can on a single battery.
The psu is rated to 47 amps.
Dec 11, 2012, 06:12 PM
This ebay item looks a bit suspicious. Doesn't look like the seller knows much about multirotors so I wonder if he found it. Did anyone loose one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271120720116

-Angelos
Dec 11, 2012, 06:18 PM
One more: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/faulty-fat...item35c26ba565

SouthPawPaul, HighViz... the seller is near Newbury. Maybe you buys recognise whose plane it is.

-Angelos
Dec 11, 2012, 06:19 PM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos
This ebay item looks a bit suspicious. Doesn't look like the seller knows much about multirotors so I wonder if he found it. Did anyone loose one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271120720116

-Angelos
Weird but he sort of knows its worth a bit. Was hoping to of snuck in there with a sneaky £100 offer but then I saw the starting bid. Wouldn't bother even at that price. No guarantee it works after the probable crash.
Dec 11, 2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:

SouthPawPaul, HighViz... the seller is near Newbury. Maybe you buys recognise whose plane it is.

-Angelos
Thanks Angelos - Yes had already seen this and circulated it to the Newbury model club in case someone had lost it. It's not one I recognise though.

Malc
Dec 12, 2012, 05:57 AM
Electronics slayer
Quote:

-Angelos
I don't know anyone that's lost one either.
Dec 12, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cable ties & ductape
MEGA GRINS!

Finally chucked together the Bixler yesterday and went for a wander to the beach.

Time to test out the Bixler, GoPro, and my new faith in the FrSky module and er9X firmware.

Really really impressed, the Bixler flew a dream! (my old one must of been knackered!) Easy as chips, cruise at 1/4 throttle, responsive enough to get out of a tightspot, nippy enough to not be boring.
FrSky felt great, felt locked in 100% of the time, no little glitches here or there that ive had on my DX7. Went till it was a dot.

GoPro 2 was sturdy, easy to use (Thanks Dave!), and awesome picture quality, though im not sure if ive got the video set up correctly though, seems a little grainy =/

My 200mw vtx should be here any day now to whack on aswell, and Archos will be mounted to the top of the 9X =]

GOPR0437 (0 min 0 sec)

Will upload the HD version later
Last edited by DodgeRC; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Dec 12, 2012, 06:28 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Well I hope the original owner is found soon. He's threatening to "cut out the middle section and post it" to save postage on shipping the wings.

CJ
Dec 12, 2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
Well I hope the original owner is found soon. He's threatening to "cut out the middle section and post it" to save postage on shipping the wings.

CJ
I'll pop in to the local police station later with printouts of the ebay listing and photos to report that I know the whereabouts of a lost item that I believe may have been reported to the police by its owner. Makes sense?

-Angelos
Dec 12, 2012, 07:23 AM
I Like Popcorn
Quote:
I'll pop in to the local police station later with printouts of the ebay listing and photos to report that I know the whereabouts of a lost item that I believe may have been reported to the police by its owner. Makes sense?

-Angelos
Angelos - I would, best thing to do.

Quick Reply